Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2011, 2:11 pm

Yeah I liked how Oblivion had better details in the gameplay than Morrowind. It may have been a generic medieval fantasy setting but the fighting animations looked very cool and I liked how objects in the game moved around realistically. Plus the generic medieval-ness wasn't so bad to me, I like medieval settings and it was fun to pretend that I lived in a world like that. :)

One thing that I didn't like was that the really cool monsters and creatures didn't appear until after your character levels up a lot. It's kind of boring having to fight the same monsters over and over again such as the rats, imps, and wolves. So every time I start a game I try to max out all my skills as much as possible just to see everything that the game has to offer.

Skeith
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Dec 2011, 5:23 pm

lol i disagree with that. if you want you can easily find a ton of enemies to fight besides imps and wolves and ect. you just have to look for them. plus being a red guard helps since then you can kinda short cut leveling up to an extent. XD

47x
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Dec 2011, 2:02 pm

nikki191 wrote:

There is one dragon in Oblivion :D

Ah, yes :D I forgot him. But I didn't get to kill it. :(

thekommis
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Dec 2011, 10:44 am

i like oblivion more than skyrim, cyrodiil is my favourite province of them all, in the 1st elder scrolls it only had the imperial city but in oblivion its got tons of great things, the character models look cheery and i love combat and magic and i can make myself bedrolls with a chest on top of a chapel so i can have like little houses, i love the game in general

black_legion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Dec 2011, 1:10 pm

Synecdoche wrote:
Yeah, Oblivion still has good spots to explore. It's still worth playing.

On the topic of Skyrim the previous Elder Scrolls games, it looks like you'll be able to visit Morrowind and at least, the Imperial City in the DLCs.

Thing is we don't know that for sure, Bethesda could be using a standard map with all of the terrains and just then build off of that. Since all of the towns and in the provinces are already known.

Also, 47x you can't kill that dragon anyway (SPOILER) since that the dragon is the avatar of akatosh and is being projected through Martin in order to not so much kill Dagon as send him back to his plane of oblivion.

nikki191
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Dec 2011, 6:35 am

i still play it. love it on the pc. completely different game once its modded properly. although you can over mod it and end up with a crash every minute if you arent careful. for me i tend to use the elder council mod series. with all the mods installed you can do everything from join the legion through to really take over rulership of the mages guild once you become archmage.

rayquaza
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Jan 2012, 12:42 pm

darn no one plays that game anymore its all about skyrim

DanRaccoon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 12:53 pm

I got Oblivion on Steam for £5 as part of a sale, and previously I bought Morrowind. I want to first obliterate Morrowind before I move onto Oblivion, then Skyrim, that's if I can find these damned thieving agents! >:o

http://www.youtube.com/user/DanRaccoon

TheFerretHadToGo
Raven
Raven

22 Jan 2012, 5:27 pm

Oblivion is still one of my favourite games. I´m currently on my second run through it, almost reached 100 in all skills and cleared most of the side quests and guild quests.
The character designs are quite ugly but I can live with that because the game is so much fun.

Fallout 3 was a really good game with great graphics but there were too little interaction with NPCs, you reach max level too quickly, almost every time you fast travel you´re ambushed by enemies and if you follow just the main quest you stay within a small area, missing out on all there is to find in the game. After a while I felt it was all sneaking around and shooting. That´s why I returned to Oblivion instead (cleared Fallout 3 two times before that though).

I wish there was a mod that made it possible to use magic and bows in Fallout 3 and guns in Oblivion. Would probably only be fun for five minutes or so.

Haven´t played Skyrim yet, I´m still waiting for my expectations to lower a bit or I´m sure to be disappointed.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 7:10 pm

Eh, I've tried getting into it oer and over again and it just isn''t able to pull me in. For the longest time I didn't understand how to actually level up(I'd assumed it was like Fallout 3, which I'd played before and uses the same engine), and other than that, the load times are a bit of an issue for me because every few seconds of exploring, the game slows down a little and it's very obvious and messes up the seamless experience. I also feel that the combat is very clunky and awkward and hard to get used to - at least after playing games like Fable or Zelda which feel much more polished.

Not to say that it's bad outright. I'm sure there are plenty of reasons why others enjoy it. I'm just unable to have fun with it. Maybe I'd have better luck with Skyrim.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

GamerNerd07901
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jan 2012, 7:00 pm

As long as we're talking about oblivion, I have a funny somewhat related story

I was playing assassin's creed revelations multiplayer (bear with me I am going somewhere) My target was perched on a beam on a near by rooftop. I waited for him to get down so I could off him, but he wouldn't move.
I have this habit of talking to myself/the game

soooo

I said in my best guard voice
THIS IS THE PART WHERE YOU FALL DOWN AND BLEED TO DEATH 8) and I threw a knife at him and he fell down and I killed him.

What is learning? Its paying attention. its opening yourself up to this great big ball of****that we call life! And whats the worst that could happen? You get bit in the ass! Well let me tell you, My ass looks like hamburger meat,But I can still sit down!