Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2006, 11:05 pm

BazzaMcKenzie wrote:
Aspie1 wrote:
Since people are responding to this thread, I'll post my own scenario. It's not the one I have now; it's the one I used to have as a kid. I don't remember it exactly, but I'm sure it'll sound interesting anyway.

The apocalypse would consist of a massive catastrophe, where all people except me vanish. I didn't have exact details in mind, it was mainly about people vanishing. Rivers, lakes, forests, plains, animals, and plants would remain intact. The same was true for urban areas: every building, as well as roads, rails, and vehicles would be undamaged. I would live in the same apartment I was growing up in, only I would have complete freedom to do whatever I want, with no adults to tell me what to do and no kids to bully me. My average day would consist of walking around my city, singing to myself, collecting randoms objects that I thought looked nice, playing with numerous dogs and cats walking in the streets, or raiding candy and toy stores. If I get too tired of walking, I would simply get into a random car or empty city bus and start driving. Rebuilding wouldn't be an issue, since nothing would be damaged. Overall, I would feel like I've returned to the urbanized version of the Garden of Eden; it would feel like the ultimate bliss.

That's like the Charlton Heston movie, The Omega Man, without the albino mutants.

I actually wrote about such a situation in a short story called "Alone", although it ends rather badly for the last man on Earth...

On sabbatical...