Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2011, 8:50 am

I feel as though I have no place. Not even here. :cry:

identity
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2011, 9:35 am

I am sorry you feel like that RightGalaxy because it's an awful feeling. :( I feel like that in "real" like most of the time and also sometimes here, even though there are some friendly people on WP. So I guess that indicates it's more an internal thing (with me sometimes anyway). I wish I could suggest something to help but I don't really know what :? Is there any specific reason you feel like this?

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2011, 5:48 pm

I'm sorry. :( I wish I could help you, that's an awful, lonely feeling. *virtual hug*

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2011, 7:06 pm

I have periods when I feel that way. I know the feeling is over my body when I feel that I'm walking on eggshells and I shut up about The Kinks for two weeks, even though I keep using their avatars. I'll make a few posts about feeling old on WP, or walking on eggshells or the feeling to need to censor myself for the sake of the members who don't have special interests that run as deep as mine. It's not a very good feeling, though I still come here during those dark times due to the fact that WP is my only support network right now, and it has been for two and a quarter years now even though I've been here for 7 years.

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2011, 9:58 pm

That is okay, that means the sky is the limit. You certainly know how to pick your username. It is one of the first ones that draws my eye at least. :)

Prisonic_Fairytale
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Dec 2011, 2:07 am

I feel that way. Here, I feel most accepted though.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 2:34 am

yep, i know that feel.

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 3:39 am

I know exactly how you feel. WP can feel isolating at times. I feel completely alone sometimes too.

"I belive in God, only I spell it Nature."
~ Frank Llyod Wright

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 6:20 am

I feel that way all the time. Since it is a very irrational feeling, I try to ignore it as best as I can.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 8:56 am

Thank you all SOOOO VERY, VERY MUCH. :D That was exactly what I needed.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 8:58 am

I don't feel I have a place anywhere, but I've got used to it

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 9:07 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I have periods when I feel that way. I know the feeling is over my body when I feel that I'm walking on eggshells and I shut up about The Kinks for two weeks, even though I keep using their avatars. I'll make a few posts about feeling old on WP, or walking on eggshells or the feeling to need to censor myself for the sake of the members who don't have special interests that run as deep as mine. It's not a very good feeling, though I still come here during those dark times due to the fact that WP is my only support network right now, and it has been for two and a quarter years now even though I've been here for 7 years.

Sometimes I think a person ends up feeling as though there walking on eggshells about their special interest because others feel they can't get to know "you" because Avory is in the way. They certainly know a lot about your special interest but they want more of Cockney Rebel and they get impatient and might pick on you.

Last edited by RightGalaxy on 15 Dec 2011, 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 9:15 am

sluice wrote:
That is okay, that means the sky is the limit. You certainly know how to pick your username. It is one of the first ones that draws my eye at least. :)

I love your avatar!! ! I had an actual blouse that had that theme all over it. I wore it to death.
"Starry, Starry Night." Do you go out and look up on starry nights and long to be out there?? I do that often and then end up laughing out loud because I think of the dialogue in a scene from the Lion King where Timon, Poomba, and Simba are lying in the grass looking up and figuring out what the stars actually are. Lion King was worth watching. I don't like sequels. It kills the individuality of the original picture.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 9:23 am

identity wrote:
I am sorry you feel like that RightGalaxy because it's an awful feeling. :( I feel like that in "real" like most of the time and also sometimes here, even though there are some friendly people on WP. So I guess that indicates it's more an internal thing (with me sometimes anyway). I wish I could suggest something to help but I don't really know what :? Is there any specific reason you feel like this?

Magnus Rex made an interesting point about this feeling being irrational - which it is. Yet, when you flip it around and start looking at it in the Metaphysical/Boddisatvic way, by feeling this way, you've created a new place. Am I being too vague?? I know what I want to say but I can't get it out properly.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 9:26 am

I think it's the degree of asperger's that isolates on this site but it doesn't actually mean to.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 11:00 am

RightGalaxy wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

Sometimes I think a person ends up feeling as though there walking on eggshells about their special interest because others feel they can't get to know "you" because Avory is in the way. They certainly know a lot about your special interest but they want more of Cockney Rebel and they get impatient and might pick on you.

That's exactly how I feel and I've almost quit coming to WP many times over the past 27 months because of those feelings. Imagine that you grew up to be like the most sensitive member of your favourite rock band and you keep on making it clear. Now imagine that people who have no understanding of that or special interests contradicting the truths that you say about yourself. Than imagine that you're in a time warp and you feel safe there and than somebody quite a bit younger asks in a snotty way, if you think that maybe it would be healthier and easier for you to live for today in the present. Than there's the Gender Identity Disorder on top of that. You take pride in looking like your role model who happens to be a member of the opposite sex and than somebody paints you with a gender specific coloured brush and says that you don't look like that person because you're female or male. If you stick up for yourself after that, than somebody thinks that you're a shallow person by basing your entire existence on looking like a celebrity when you're not like that at all. The reason that you take pride in looking like that person is because it's the truth and you also identify with the gender of that person and you really look up to that person as well, and there are people who call themselves what they end up looking like and I happen to be one of those people. Do you remember Cockroach from the Cosby Show? He called himself because that's what he thought that grew up to look like.