Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Darsalus
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Dec 2011, 7:43 pm

Hey, everybody. It's been a while since I introduced myself but I've been nervous about posting again for some reason. Anyway...

I was wondering if there was anyone here who liked ice hockey and the NHL. To be honest, I'd have thought it was the last sport I'd grow to like, but I'm a fan of the fast-paced end-to-end action and violence on the rink. It really clashes with my real cool and calm personality but I light up like a lamp when two players drop the gloves. :D

Being from South-East England, there could have been many other sports that seem more sensible to like, and I do like them, but hockey is a favourite. I also don't feel geographically bound to support any particular franchise, but I have developed a strange attachment to the New Jersey Devils, mainly because they have my favourite player, Ilya Kovalchuk. I also like Sean Avery... he makes things... interesting. :)

Anyway I thank any and all future replies in advance :D

Catamount
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2011, 8:21 pm

Hottest thread in Health, Fitness, and Sports. I think someone should conduct a study on Aspies and our apparent love of hockey (at least some of us.)

NHL Season!!

Looking forward to seeing you post!!

neerdowell
Toucan
Toucan

14 Dec 2011, 9:44 pm

There does seem to be alot of us hockey fans on here.
It has been one of my obsessions for 20 years. One day I should show pictures of my house and some of the crazy hockey memorabilia around my house.

Hockey is a great sport to be passionate about and fun to get involved in.

GreyGirl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2011, 10:10 pm

Welcome to hockey :) (even though you like the Devils 8) ) *JOKING*
I'm a Philly Flyers fan, We don't really like the Devils. :wink: :lol:

(In case you didn't know, The Devils play close enough to the Flyers to have quite the fan rivalry.)

"Freedom of Speech is Not a License to be Stupid"

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 8:39 am

Hockey fan here, my favorite team are the Dallas Stars. :)
As the original poster of the " Hottest " Thread in the Health, Fitness, and Sports sub-forum, you're more then welcomed to post as much as you want in that thread. Us hockey fans need to unite together for the " Coolest " game on Earth. 8)