Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

nilescrane
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 12:25 am

Get a job after high school that turns into a career job that is boring as hell and full of drama, live in a sh1tty area, marry the first girl that pays any attention to you and likely isn't your type...have kids that turn out to be as banal and/or miserable as you, and the chain goes on?

RoDanGray
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Dec 2011, 1:07 am

For some people, & some are content with that. Others Do what they love & love what they do. Others still start businesses, succeed or fail, then start other businesses. Trump being a good example of the Last one. He has had so many failed businesses & bad deals but he keeps getting up & going back for more. Some people are savvy like that. Not me I'm the first type minus the wife & kids. Or like another person I know that have started down the boring path & did something nuts like Skydiving, base-jumping, Hang-gliding, etc & ended on a different path with a brighter more diverse future. But this guy was already outgoing (never met a stranger) currently working as an insurance guy on high-level projects worldwide. If you're looking for direction try meditation, normally calm the nerves & settles the mind for me.

nilescrane
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 1:12 am

I'm waiting to die or get beamed up. I'm on the wrong planet, literally. I'd say, since I graduated high school 10 years ago, maybe 75 percent of my time or more has been in my house...the rest of it, community college, failed attempts at university, hospitalizations at psych wards, random days out, family gatherings, suicide attempts, jobs that lasted less than a week, doctor's appointments, etc. .

I just wasn't meant to be here. I don't feel like anyone else. I just want a refund.

nilescrane
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 1:28 am

Please God or whoever, you can clearly see I'm suffering, get me out of here. I can't take another 50 or 60 years of this sh1t. Please take me now.

Dogenegra
Raven
Raven

15 Dec 2011, 2:54 am

Life is only sh!t if you let it be sh!t. It was for me. But then I thought, screw it, I'm gonna try my hardest to do what I want to do. Not in a selfish way. I just wanna make music, and so I'm doing everything I can to do that. I have an asperation. And now life isn't so rubbish, I have a goal. I also volunteer at charity shops, am always volunteering for other charities, fundraisers, things like that, because it's true that real happiness comes from giving. I could have a rubbish day, and giving £5 to a homeless guy makes the day good. Baisically, you have to work out something that you want to do, whatever it is, try to do it. Set yourself a GOAL. Which sounds so cliché, and I didn't think I had any goals or anything I wanted to do for years, but everyone has something that they love. And give to other people. Not let people walk over you and get what they want, but help people out when you can, it gives you a warm tingly feeling inside which makes it worth it.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 4:43 am

I always thought the point of life was to stab yourself with it, then it'd be revealed to you as you're bleeding out, either:

Fear, as you slowly die

Smile, as you slowly die

People think I'm too somber for saying this above, but it's reality; fear means you've won the coin toss in life and it's been easy for you, whereas the smile means you finally get to stop losing the toss and the difficulty is about to go.

nat4200
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 4:54 am

Redacted

Last edited by nat4200 on 19 Apr 2012, 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Miharu
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Dec 2011, 6:26 am

If you choose it to be and follow the stream, then yes. No way in hell i'll ever have that kind of life. You have way more control over your life then you think.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 10:15 am

nilescrane wrote:
Get a job after high school that turns into a career job that is boring as hell and full of drama, live in a sh1tty area, marry the first girl that pays any attention to you and likely isn't your type...have kids that turn out to be as banal and/or miserable as you, and the chain goes on?

That seems boring as hell, I hope that's not the point of life.