Yes 33%  33%  [ 16 ]
No 17%  17%  [ 8 ]
No 17%  17%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 48

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 1:21 am

One day, I was laughing becuase my brother said something stupid. He got pissed off with me, and took a thick wooden stick, I was distracted, when he hit my neck with the stick. The hit sounded strongly bad, my sisters were here and they thought I was wounded. But I didn't feel any type of pain, that was strange.

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 1:26 am

I don't notice bumps and bruises when they happen till later. But when my stomach hurts i am doubles over with severe pain.

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 3:00 am

MelancholyBunny wrote:
I think it depends on the kind of pain, if for example, i walk into a door/frame (sadly a common occurrence) i'll barely feel. Whereas if i have a headache, i'll pretty much cease to function.

Me too! I'm always bumping into doorways. I get a lot of bruises on my arms.

I think I have a low pain threshold generally. I hate having dental fillings even with the painkilling injection. They still hurt.

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 6:33 am

bizarre wrote:
I don't notice bumps and bruises when they happen till later. But when my stomach hurts i am doubles over with severe pain.

That's also what hurts me.

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 7:48 am

Starr wrote:
I think I have a low pain threshold generally. I hate having dental fillings even with the painkilling injection. They still hurt.

You should ask for the nitrious gas next time it will make you relax and just not give a hoot. I had it last time at the dentist it was great. I wish i knew about that before.

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 10:12 am

Thanks for that tip, I'll ask for that next time. Anything to make trips to the dentist less scary . :)

Pancho
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Oct 2006, 10:33 am

SilentBedlam wrote:
Yeah, I've got a high tolerance for cuts, knocks, and sprains. Banged in the head a few times. Tried jumping down stairs once - found myself to be pretty unbreakable. Still havent had a fracture, other than fingers and toes, and they've been tolerable enough.

I dislike other types of pain - headaches, thankfully rare, are hell on earth, and irritated eyes, are immensly distracting.

This is the same for me, cuts and bruises..ya know like external stuff I have a high pain threshold for but when it comes to internal things like stomach ache or head ache I have a low pain threshold. If I get a bad headache..which I tend to get alot..it can really get in the way of everyday things, I usually have to take a lay down or something.

Musical_Lottie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 10:54 am

I have a stupidly low pain threshold.

Taliesin-DS
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Nov 2006, 11:07 am

I have a pretty high pain treshhold (though i have red hair i doesn't seem to make any difference)
Especially when i know the pain is not serious, then i'll probably forget within seconds that i even have pain somewere.

momgrrl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Nov 2006, 11:15 am

It depends. Popping a zit can make me cry, but giving birth wasn't too bad. :lol:

GenericBrandUserName
Toucan
Toucan

20 Nov 2006, 12:03 pm

I have an extremely high pain threshold. I got into a fight one time and the kid on my street hit me over the head with something round and metallic. Even though it cut my head open and I was bleeding (I didn't know I was until my mom and the neighbors pointed it out), I didn't feel a thing when he hit me. :O