Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 2:25 am

I'm just curious as I'm currently in college taking film classes as well as working on my own independent projects in hopes to break into the film industry. Maybe if there are this could be a thread for us to discuss our current projects and such.

Currently I'm in pre-production of my first feature length project to be filmed (I have 22 completed scripts though and one completed short student film). It's a crime thriller film that takes place in a High School. Looking at local High School and College thespian troupes in the area to find people interested in acting in it. The next project I want to work on is a psychological drama with metaphyical elements infused into the plot.

The one short film project I've completed was done for a film class last semester, it was about a schizophrenic man in a corrupt city who became a wanna be superhero who kills criminals, his costume was just a mask he made out the skin that was ripped off of a criminal he killed. It was about 15 minutes long and very low budget but I personally feel it was of good quality for the budget I made it on.

I can try and get it up on Youtube sometime (I'm pretty protective of my work currently as I don't want studios to steal my concepts which is why I haven't posted it yet.)

However I do have a little hastily done poster I made for my class before I presented it.

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 3:30 am

If all had gone according to plan, I'd be working for a production studio right now; but it didn't. I ran out of money a year into film school and then had to move across the country, anyway. Such is life.

That hasn't stopped me from writing stories and scripts, though; not one bit. I was doing it long before I started film school, and I'm going to continue long after, too. I write a lot of sci-fi and dark low fantasy, so that tends to show prominently in my scripts. I'm currently writing for several different film and TV projects right now that I'd love to be able to produce someday. The big one right now (meaning, this month) is a feature-length post-apocalyptic sci-fi film with horror elements. I've got a feature-length cyberpunk script I'm working on, too; a dark science-fantasy web series and a far-future sci-fi TV series, on top of that, among others. On a smaller scale, I'm also writing the script for a psychological/supernatural thriller short film, as well.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2011, 4:25 pm

I've written a sequel to my original script, which deals with the female protagonist
and her identical twin sister on the run from their mother,
who refuses to get psychiatric help.

Anybody want to read it?

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2011, 8:35 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Anybody want to read it?

Yeah, maybe.

I just started on yet a new script idea last night. This one's titled Summer of Dust, and its pretty different from my other scripts. It's a feature-length contemporary teenage drama about two best friends, one white, the other Hispanic, and the events of the summer after their high school graduation.

"Inspired by movies like Stand By Me, Wassup Rockers, and Against the Wall, Summer of Dust is a teenage drama about freedom and responsibility, economic and racial divides, street violence, and above all, friendship."

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2011, 3:23 pm

I've also written another script called
A Chronicle of Abuse, about three girls,
{one has epilepsy, one has diabetes, and the other
who has asthma} running from their abusive families.

Some scenes will be in B&W.

Currently, I'm writing a new script that's
"somewhat autobiographical."