Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2011, 12:54 am

Pet projects?

I'm trying to work on a poker bot. Started 10 years ago then got sidetracked into playing poker, now I can't win any more so I'm going back to making my computer do it for me. Should have a prototype working within a week, then comes the hard part of making it play good.

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2011, 7:51 am

Oh, there was already a thread!

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt159591.html

I was so confused wondering why aspies of all people wouldn't have replies for this. Merge thread request pls.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2011, 7:57 am

very old thread so i think a new one is just as fine,

i recently started a python project to interface the olorin touchscreen i recently got, im using the original firmware as it allows it to be used as a normal input device.
so far i have written the lighting part and the canvas/window blind solution, both using an arduino as the I/O device, pics will be uploaded once its finished,

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

spirals
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Dec 2011, 2:24 pm

Application to display and edit fireworks-like particle system animations (C++).
(It has a long story.)
Not ready for normal use.

TheChamelion
Raven
Raven

18 Dec 2011, 3:16 pm

fraac wrote:
Pet projects?

I'm trying to work on a poker bot. Started 10 years ago then got sidetracked into playing poker, now I can't win any more so I'm going back to making my computer do it for me. Should have a prototype working within a week, then comes the hard part of making it play good.

I'm making a game where you're a zombie and you have to survive by cooking humans and turning them into pies.... Ok, I'm not very mature ^.^

AngelKnight
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2011, 5:04 pm

Something silly:

IPv4 address math library.... in bash. Feed it an IPv4 CIDR prefix and an integer, and it spits out the correct address offset within the prefix.

It gets worse: I'm working on ways to adapt it for IPv6 addresses.

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about: this is approximately like turning a Nintendo Gameboy into a medical pacemaker which is actually safe for humans, in that this endeavor is a) fraught with risk; b) expensive in man-hours; c) f*****g pointless in the end.

But I'm having fun.

Madbones
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2011, 5:44 pm

Making a social network that probably won't be released for the hell of it!
Its pretty cool so far 8) .
No really, its pretty awful, but it keeps me occupied!

mattw
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Dec 2011, 5:13 pm

A lot of Action Script 3 (AS3), HTML, HTML5, CSS, JavaScript and PHP at the moment for me! All around university projects.

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2011, 10:22 pm

came up with a variant of an algorithm to find the longest increasing subsequence of a permutation using Patience Sorting, except it has O(n) efficiency, pretty chuffed with it :) Still a bit inefficient though, its written in R and uses loops, not the apply functions :)

Also, hey everyone, its been almost a year :)

Member of the WP Strident Atheists

Exaleadien
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Dec 2011, 6:59 pm

Still trying to crack the Da Vinci Code using ASM on a Commodore 64.

# Just laughing

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2011, 2:57 am

Right now, I've undertaken a project that will not only help practice my coding skills but also be a useful tool for one of my PS2 games. Anyone familiar with the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series? I'm working on an application (command line only, not that good with GUI) that not only provides a digital sort-and-search version of the Persona Compendium, but can also calculate and predict the Persona that would result from a double or triple fusion via the Fusion system by automatically performing the same calculations that the game does. This tool would be perfect for someone shooting for 100% completion of the Compendium in-game as well as choosing the right Persona for a specific battle.

The kicker would be that, in addition to calculating the fusion result given two or three ingredient Personae, I'm working on a function that would perform the same calculations only in reverse. In other words you could give it the name of a single Persona and it would extrapolate all possible combinations of double and triple fusions that would result in that Persona. It's a little tricky but I think I can manage it.

Also, I'm writing it so that you can use it for any of the games after Persona 3, inclusive (Persona 3, P3 FES, Persona 4, P3P, & Persona 4 the Golden). By writing the Compendium information and fusion charts into a database of .txt files, I can use the input file stream (ifstream) libraries for C++ to read these into the program. That way, I can change the Compendium database to reflect the list of Personae for an individual game at any time, all I would need would be to write separate databases for each of the games and make sure the program works with all of them.

I'll probably share it open-source when it's done.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

Crysisrocks
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Dec 2011, 4:00 am

I have recently initiated coding object values for the game that I am developing. It is a side-scrolling shooter. It's laborious, but rewarding nontheless. I may post a couple preview screenshots if I am to encounter some spare time.

(Aside from programming and scripting, I am also in commitment with animated sprites which originate from 3-Dimentional meshes, music and sound composition, and overall design.)

Crysisrocks
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Dec 2011, 4:04 am

Exaleadien wrote:
Still trying to crack the Da Vinci Code using ASM on a Commodore 64.

# Just laughing

Commodore 64! I loved that thing!

bcousins
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2011, 4:27 am

Madbones wrote:

This, Precisely

However, Mine will be released WHEN it is ready

Madbones
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2011, 5:28 am

bcousins wrote:
Madbones wrote:

This, Precisely

However, Mine will be released WHEN it is ready

:O Nice 8)

Sunshine7
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Dec 2011, 2:08 pm

Skynet.