Skynet.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2011, 9:17 pm

Sunshine7 wrote:
Skynet.

can i test the alpha :?: :lol:

if you ever get him advanced anough to control my lighting be my guest, motion sensors are finicky to tune properly (at least the cheap knockoffs i got)
if anyone knows any reason why the "trigger level" is floating all over the place i would be very happy indeed.
its a simple pot circuit feeding into what looks to be an atmel chip for control, i could start messing with the firmware but that would kinda defeat the purpose in getting prebuilt simple units.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

whiteofmouth
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Dec 2011, 1:35 am

backends of servers for internal, secure file sharing in the enterprise (python), and an audio sampling framework in C. guess which one's the personal project. ;)

GCAspies
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Jan 2012, 5:07 pm

Exaleadien wrote:
Still trying to crack the Da Vinci Code using ASM on a Commodore 64.

# Just laughing

A COMMODORE 64? Geezus...LOL. I can remember using those things growing up.

The mission of GCA Centre for Adult Autism:
"Empowering the lives of autistic adults and young adults and their parents/caregivers by serving as a resource center to provide mutual support, information, and activities" in the Southeast USA
http://www.gcaspies.org

2nd Annual Southeast Adult Autism Symposium
- Early Bird online registration starts in late March 2018
- More information can be found at http://www.gcaspies.org/symposiumhomepage

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2012, 3:29 am

So I've temporarily ditched the Persona Compendium project, mainly because I can't seem to get the boost::regex library set right. There's supposedly some experimental setting that lets you keep ALL of the matches captured from a capture group using regex_search. Normally if the regex object has a capture group set and finds multiple matches during regex_search, it will only keep the last one. However, there's something you can define in the library code that will change the match_results<T> class so that instead of returning a container with all of the captures from the last match, it returns a container of containers that contains all of the captures from all of the matches.

Unfortunately, I just can't seem to get my library to re-compile to include this change, and until I do my search algorithm for the Compendium is worth beans.

I also had another minor project that was more of an exercise in trigonometry than it was an actual coding challenge. Basically you put in the geographical coordinates for any two points on Earth, and it would calculate the distance from point A to point B moving along the surface at sea level, as the crow flies. It involved a lot of angles and circles and nonsense, but it's hit a snag; I don't know if there's a function in the standard C++ library to calculate trigometric functions like sine, cosine, etc., and I can't seem to find a library for it in Boost.

Finally, I've been writing a small program for parsing text files. Well, what it does is it reads from a file and then writes to a new file, while passing the fstream objects to separate parsing algorithms. The driver is designed to work with pretty much any mutator method that takes references to the input ifstream object and the output ofstream object as parameters - in other words, you write what you want the parsing method to do, paste the declaration into the x.h file and the function code into the x.cpp file, then go to the main.cpp file and call the function in between the comments so that it calls the function after initializing and checking the file streams but before it closes them down.

As for the function, for now it's supposed to split the input streams using tab and newline characters as delimiters, then re-arrange them. This is because the text file I'm trying to parse is text ripped from a .pdf version of a guide book for a table-top RPG that my friends and I are playing. The text from the .pdf file is displayed exactly as it was on the .pdf, which had at least 2-3 columns per page. In other words, the paragraphs in each column are out of order, and my first parsing algorithm will go line-by-line and re-arrange the sentences so that they read properly.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

Burzum
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2012, 3:59 am

Roxas_XIII wrote:
I don't know if there's a function in the standard C++ library to calculate trigometric functions like sine, cosine, etc.

http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/clibrary/cmath/sin/
http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/clibrary/cmath/cos/

?

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2012, 3:41 pm

Burzum wrote:
Roxas_XIII wrote:
I don't know if there's a function in the standard C++ library to calculate trigometric functions like sine, cosine, etc.

http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/clibrary/cmath/sin/
http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/clibrary/cmath/cos/

?

Ok, thanks. I thought it was one of those things they were planning on putting in the TR1 expansion but apparently not. What include file was that? <cmath>?

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

RazorEddie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2012, 4:39 pm

Roxas_XIII wrote:
What include file was that? <cmath>?

#include <math.h>

I'm currently working on a little Flash media player and hating it. I much prefer C++ or PHP.

Burzum
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2012, 11:19 pm

RazorEddie wrote:
Roxas_XIII wrote:
What include file was that? <cmath>?

#include <math.h>

math.h is the standard C header, for C++ the standard header is cmath

RazorEddie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 3:14 am

Oops, you're right though including math.h works in most cases. It has just become habit for me to use math.h as I do a lot of embedded programming with C.

brickmack
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Mar 2012, 6:45 pm

Most of my coding projects are either useless, end up unfinished after a few weeks of working on it, or were just made as things to play around with coding rather than to actually do anything...

Currently tinkering with a python web server. It barely works, leaves my computers files completely open for anyone to access, etc, but at least its sort of interesting...