Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2014, 5:50 pm

I just recently realized that Sierra from Total Drama has been known to break the 4th wall, most notably in season 5 when she brought up the Duncan/Gwen controversy.

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2014, 2:14 pm

I like the way its used in House of Cards. They manage to avoid it becoming gimmicky but its also an effective way to let the main character provide a narration and share his thoughts, vs. what usually happens i.e. just voice overs.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2014, 3:07 pm

ScrewyWabbit wrote:
I like the way its used in House of Cards. They manage to avoid it becoming gimmicky but its also an effective way to let the main character provide a narration and share his thoughts, vs. what usually happens i.e. just voice overs.

Yeah, to me, it's just like Richard III.

stardraigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2014, 7:02 am

steverogers wrote:
NB I know that the Marvel Universe has had characters who have broken the 4th wall (eg Deadpool and She Hulk) but to my understanding they have been explained away by such characters being deranged or joking.

Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe. The premise is that Deadpool breaks the 4th wall and realizes his relationship between him and the readers(Us). He then takes actions to resolve it.

There is the webcomic Exiern. You don't find out for a long time within it, but the 4th wall gets broken in a way I didn't expect. It's similar to Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe, but the perception of the reader is different. It's been a few months since the strip where this occurred so it's to be seen how they will act on this.

My Blog
Deviantart Page