Were you (or are you still) bullied at school?

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Were you bullied at school
Yes 45%  45%  [ 49 ]
Yes 45%  45%  [ 49 ]
No 5%  5%  [ 6 ]
No 5%  5%  [ 6 ]
No and I was a bully 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No and I was a bully 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 110

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 10:56 am

No, I knew enough to know what people wanted to hear.. People would have bullied me if I didnt speak up.. I've always been good at making people laugh so I normally assault them with that.. I was just the kid no one knew but no one hated or talked to.. I was fine by that

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 11:40 am

I was bullied but it was back in the days when behavioural psychology for children just
wasn't taken seriously.I hadn't a clue why I was different so didn't know how to deal with
the situation.
I hope that nowadays kids are getting more support from the schools as no-one
should have to put up with bullying,regardless of whether they have ASD or not.
It's really the bullies who are in most need of being taught to change their behaviour.

Jamie06
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 1:03 pm

The teachers never do anything about it though. Especially when I was.

MelancholyBunny
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 1:35 pm

I get panic attacks(they tend to involve a lot of crying) and during one at school a teacher told the class that i was just looking for attention and that they shouyld ignore me. b***h.
After that, every time i had one, or any anxiety/As induced reaction, all the kids would taunt me as an attention seeker.

DavidR
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Oct 2006, 2:12 pm

yup I was..eventually just lost it and beat the living **** outta of a few of them

MelancholyBunny
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 2:15 pm

Jammy Bleep, i wish i did that, i was the one who got beat up.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 4:51 pm

I was bullied quite bad at school for being 'different'. I didn't know why I was so different from others until this year. I was also bullied in my last work place for the same reason.

Dart
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2006, 5:37 pm

At the time I thought I was being bullied for no reason, but since then I've come to realize that it was all as a result of dumb things I did/said.

DrowningMedusa
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 6:09 pm

F5c_wZ3_414e_X5 wrote:
yes, I was. But I didn't understand that it was bullying, I thought that they were nice to me, they were my friends...

Yep. Know how THAT feels... :oops:

Remnant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 7:47 pm

Dart wrote:
At the time I thought I was being bullied for no reason, but since then I've come to realize that it was all as a result of dumb things I did/said.

Don't believe that. Responsible people don't start beating you up for saying dumb things.

walk-in-the-rain
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 7:56 pm

Remnant wrote:
Dart wrote:

Don't believe that. Responsible people don't start beating you up for saying dumb things.

There aren't any reasons to "justify" bullying. If you said dumb things than there were plenty of other options for them to choose besides bullying you.

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 8:00 pm

Kids can be the cruelest creatures on earth, they are not as innocent as you think. For that reason teachers these days are far more vigilant about what goes on in the playground than they used to be in my generation when they were generally only concerned about proper behaviour in the classroom and in the playgound it was anarchy.

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2006, 3:42 pm

There were bullying incidents from when I was about 6 (including a teacher), but it got really bad after my family moved to the town I live in now when I was 9. I remember people laughing at me on my first day in class. From then until I left school I was bullied by practically everyone; I'm absolutely serious when I say that people I didn't recognize would shout things at me in the street.

I had one friend in senior school, but if she decided she wasn't speaking to me for some reason, she'd side with the bullies. It's only in the past few years I've actually realized how she used to treat me even when we were supposedly friends; putting me down in front of people, making out that any achievement I managed was nothing. It's funny how you can't see it at the time.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2006, 6:44 pm

I was bullied until I finally hit someone really hard, so I don't get bullied anymore.

walk-in-the-rain
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2006, 7:44 pm

Hovis wrote:
I had one friend in senior school, but if she decided she wasn't speaking to me for some reason, she'd side with the bullies. It's only in the past few years I've actually realized how she used to treat me even when we were supposedly friends; putting me down in front of people, making out that any achievement I managed was nothing. It's funny how you can't see it at the time.

I had a best friend all through high school and it was funny after we graduated we even worked together for several years. It was after that I saw how our "friendship" worked. When I first got on this group I was reading a post about people who were Narcissists and it really made sense. She could act like a friend but could still always feel very superior so our "friendship" was ideal for her personality.

bluebandit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Oct 2006, 8:22 pm

I don't know yet if I have aspergers or not but this is interesting. From preschool though middle school I was bullied by teachers. There was a few kids that tried to but I turned out to be a good fighter and they left me alone.

All the teachers were horrible though. My preschool teacher didn't like my mom so she hit me and kept me separated from the other kids. For the longest I didn't tell because I didn't know it was wrong. Took me years to figure it out. That woman should really be ashamed picking on preschooler.