Were you (or are you still) bullied at school?

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Were you bullied at school
Yes 45%  45%  [ 49 ]
Yes 45%  45%  [ 49 ]
No 5%  5%  [ 6 ]
No 5%  5%  [ 6 ]
No and I was a bully 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No and I was a bully 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 110

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2006, 8:26 pm

Yes I was bullied at school. I could not interact with other kids well at all. It was not a good look being seen running and dashing from nowhere to nowhere or just sitting in a bus seat at age 12 staring out the window and not interacting with the passengers as I was sucking my finger in my own little world.

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2006, 8:59 pm

Yes i was bullied in school,I remembered being bullied starting in the 2nd grade and bullied up to 8th right now i'm home-schooled but it isn't going well and soon i'll probably go back to normal school where the torment will resume.... :( :( :(

But I hope it doesn't come down to that....
Bullying=Depression=Eventual suicide...

fernando
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2006, 9:21 pm

Don't worry, your faith in Pepsi shall help you in your moments of pain, just remember to bring a can with you everyday to school and drink it when the bullying starts.

I was bullied all my school years, until I reached university and decided to avoid all people for the rest of my life. That led to eight years of happy loneliness. Now I think it's been enough and i'm trying to be social again, hopefully no one will bully me this time... :(

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2006, 9:36 pm

Yeah. :(

walk-in-the-rain
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2006, 9:49 pm

Yes I was severely bullied at school - starting in K with a couple of kids at one table making fun of me - and I was confused as to why because I thought I was being nice. I even remember a teacher bullying me when I was very young (like 1st grade). There was a project we were supposed to do for fall where we had cut out these tree trunks and leaves of varying colors from construction paper. The teacher had a finished project on the wall and she was telling the kids what they were supposed to do - which to me was like duh this needs no instruction- so I just started happily gluing my leaves on and she freaked out and took my project and held it up in front of the class and told everyone (shreiking) that it was wrong. Then she went on a lecture about why people are supposed to listen. She must have realized what she did because she tried to be nice but after that it didn't matter because I was traumatized but couldn't really figure out how to say anything.

Ironically my son also refused to get out of the car after the joy of going to Kindergarten for a while - and the school tried to explain it away as just something kids do. I guess most people who go to work in schools must have been the bullies and not the bullied.

Remnant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2006, 11:06 pm

Unknown wrote:
Yes i was bullied in school,I remembered being bullied starting in the 2nd grade and bullied up to 8th right now i'm home-schooled but it isn't going well and soon i'll probably go back to normal school where the torment will resume.... :( :( :(

Unknown, please stop right now and think. What exactly do you need to make your home schooling work? The Internet has many educational resources and you can use them to supplement the work you are doing at home. Can you break down the problems that you are having into parts and solve each part one at a time? You should be able to find some kind of tutorial on just about any high school subject on the net. You should also be able to find a lot of material in Wikipedia that will help you learn.

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 12:06 am

Remnant wrote:
Unknown wrote:

Unknown, please stop right now and think. What exactly do you need to make your home schooling work? The Internet has many educational resources and you can use them to supplement the work you are doing at home. Can you break down the problems that you are having into parts and solve each part one at a time? You should be able to find some kind of tutorial on just about any high school subject on the net. You should also be able to find a lot of material in Wikipedia that will help you learn.

The teachers aren't grading the work so i have 2 wait :roll:

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

10 Oct 2006, 12:22 am

I'm still in school, and I know that I was bullied during Primary, but it never effected me at all. After Primary, which was about six years ago now, the bullying just ceased to exist, and I haven't been pestered since. Okay, so there were the occasionaly the rare moment where I'd be called Mr. Bean for my looks, but apart from that, my bullying experiences have ben very little. Is it because NZ has nicer kids or is it just me?

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 1:28 am

I was bullied and i don't like to talk about it or even think about it to much cause i still get upset.

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 1:57 am

When I was in kindergarten, I was almost always alone, and I felt bullied when girls said I was weird, if I wanted to play in a certain zone of the playground, they said me I can't play because they were here first, I said them playground was for everybody, and they began to bother me, hit me, and they also went with he teacer and told her a lie about me.

When I pass to elementary school, my mom had some problems with my inscription (because of a stupid secretary), and I had to begin with my class a week later than the other kids. So, when I arrive to the classroom, I was the new kid, and some kids noticed very fast I was socially clumsy (I don't know exactly how it was), and some girls bullied me at the beggining for this reason; one day a girl saw I was playing with a car (NTs say cars are only for boys), and my problem got worse. Girls used to laughing of my way of thinking, my voice, my things like my backpack and notebooks. Sometimes I cried, but teacher didn't understand why

Two months passed, we have our first exam and I got the highest grades of my classroom. I noticed that bully girls changed, now they were nice with me and invited me to play with them. But I couldn't forget what they did me at the beggining, they only were nice with me because of my good grades. I used to being alone at the reccess. Years after, one of the bully girls became one of my childhood's friends, I discovered they was really nice although I showed I didn't want to be with her at the begining.

Problems continued at middle school and high school, but they are less frequently, and I had learnt to defend myself.

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 2:31 am

I was bullied in elementary school and my first year of middle school, it only stopped when my family moved and I went to a different school. I had worn glasses to fix that lazy left eye, and towards the end of elementary school, I got braces on my teeth. When I moved, I found a niche of friends in the band, so I didn't get bullied. In high school, I was in the band as well as the debate team, where the friends were just as geeky as I was.

What was interesting was about 9 years ago at the local community college when some guy actually apologized for bullying me in school. It took a long time to remember who he was, as he changed since then. That, and I happened to repress those memories. I eventually dealt with the effects of the bullying when I started going to therapy for depression.

F5c_wZ3_414e_X5
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Oct 2006, 3:33 am

yes, I was. But I didn't understand that it was bullying, I thought that they were nice to me, they were my friends.

Now I am at university, I study medicine, and medics are not supossed to bully others, so they just ignore me.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 4:14 am

I was bullied at school, numerous times.

The first time that I was bullied was in Knedergarden. I was teamed up with three kids who were in the Regular Kindergarden Class. They would do such horrible things to me. One of them tried to twist my Right Hand off, because I was Left-Handed. They kept on calling me a Wierdo. There was a time that whenever I spoke, they've made fun of my Voice and kept on asking me if I'm a Cockney.

When I was in Grade One, I was placed into the Primary Special Education room in an Elementary School. There was one boy in my class who thought I was ret*d. He kept on presumming that I pooed my pants, when the reality is, that I didn't do that at all. I alway used to freak out, when he did it. One day, the f*****g teachers took his side, and I was forced to sit on a stool in a f*****g corner. I was balling my eyes out, because I was scared of the sight of my own waste, because I was yelled at, when I did have my last Accident of that sort, by my Mother when I was one month shy of my Fifth Birthday. I was the type of kid who waited until it was dark outside, before I'd have a Bowel Movement, even if I had to get up in the middle of the Night to do so. Even though that s**t happened for another year, my Teachers have learned ther lesson and they didn't pull that dirty trick on me, again. I'll never forgive those Losers.

I was called a Cockney by the older boys on my School Bus, from the end of Grade 2, until the end of Grade 3. I've actually enjoyed those sessions, because nobody was falsley accusing my of soiling myself. It seemed to me, as though I was resuced from the Sewer and put on a Pedistal.

I was picked on by two of the regular Grade 5 boys, for being in Special Ed and speaking with an English Accent.

When I was in Grade 9, I was toemented by three Grade 8 Students who would sit there and wait for me to walk by them. They kept on calling me a ret*d and a Loser, just because I didn't dress or wear my hair, like them. That was back in 1989/1990. I've hated that School Year with a Passion!

There was a Man who turned out to be nice at first, but it became apparent to me that he tought I was ret*d, and he's made every effort to point that out. His first name was Bryan. You'd think that he would have known better than me, not to do that garbage, because I was 19 and he was 35. That was back in 1993/1994. I've seen him in Zellers, recently. I was avoiding him. Get out of my f*****g Mind, Bryan! I don't want you there. What do you call a corpse that was ran over by a Routemaster? (That's Double Decker Bus to the Idiot that I'm talking about.) Bryan! :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

I was laughed at by two guys that I went to Highschool with, every time that I went to the Mall, between 1996 and 1997.

I was in a rush to get my shopping done, at the Mall. A Father was standing with his Son, and he said, "Vroom vroom. Ding! Ding!" So I run over people like Bulgy the Double Decker when I'm ticked off! Deal with it!

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

10 Oct 2006, 5:02 am

Sometimes, I really hate topics like this. I learnt with my other poll, 'Did you notice you were different when you were a kid?'. I had no idea that so many people had bad childhoods, and it never occured to me that there could be problems, because I didn't have a bad time growing up, and the two other people I know with AS while growing up had a good childhood as well (although I didn't know that they had AS at the time). Whenever I read topics like this, it makes me feel depressed, so I've learnt to avoid most of them.

I know that there are benifits from these topics, though: I know from experience that it can be self-satisfactory to let out your memories like an old pair of socks. It's just that I don't like feeling depressed, as you do, because it makes me feel like I was lucky and that there was something I could do to prevent these bad stories from happening, and I know there wasn't any way in the world that I could change them, but the stories make me feel like there WAS something I could do and that I failed, somehow.

The positive side to this, if it is very little, is that it makes me realise how lucky I was growing up that I had friends who cared about me enough to stick up for me when I did get bullied, if ever. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to sit over there in that corner and recover from a slight bit of depression for the next ten minutes. This can sometimes be a bit too much for a 16 year old.

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 8:33 am

Here is a poll I started a while ago on the same topic... similar results...

http://www.wrongplanet.net/asperger.htm ... highlight=

about 96% were bullied somewhat or severely.

Jamie06
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 9:58 am

I was a few times especially at the younger age, people making wrong storys up about me too so other people believed it and created more s**t, sucked really, but most people who used to bully me are now drug addicts or ones who spend their lifes on the streets.