Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 12:51 pm

From AllAfrica (http://allafrica.com/stories/201112150121.html):

Quote:
The German Press Agency have reported that Dutch ambassador Susan Blankhart was summoned by the Egyptian Foreign Minister in November to explain anti-Islamic comments by Geert Wilders.

According to diplomats, Egypt says it is unable to ignore Wilders unacceptable behaviour.

In early November, Egypt refused to issue a visa to Freedom Party MP Raymond de Roon after De Roon accused Cairo of the ethnic cleansing of Christians Copts. As a result a parliamentary foreign affairs delegation of Dutch MPs cancelled a working visit to the Arab country.

A spokesperson for the Dutch Foreign Ministry says various issues were discussed at the meeting on 21 November including the publication of Wilders' book.

The Book is titled Marked for Death: Islam's War Against the West and Me. It is by Geert Wilders and is slated for release on 1st May 2012.

The ambassador told the Egyptian authorities that freedom of speech is a right in the Netherlands and everyone is at liberty to write a book. The book believed to be about the history of Islam and argues that the religion is an ideology.

In response to the news Wilders said: "Fortunately we have freedom of opinion here. The Egyptian military regime should concern itself with the rights and protection of Christians in Egypt and preventing further bloodshed rather than worrying about me."

Is anyone going to buy it then? ;)

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 1:26 pm

Tequila wrote:

If the book sellers will put it on the shelves or sell it over the Net, it will sell well enough. Let us see if the Dutch booksellers have cajones or not.

If it goes on sale do not be surprised if Islamic extremists bomb or torch the bookstores.

ruveyn

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 1:35 pm

ruveyn wrote:
If the book sellers will put it on the shelves or sell it over the Net, it will sell well enough. Let us see if the Dutch booksellers have cajones or not.

If it goes on sale do not be surprised if Islamic extremists bomb or torch the bookstores.

It will get out, one way or another. Wilders' second masterpiece, the first being Fitna:

[Mod. redacted link because posting graphic images or videos of people or animals being harmed is prohibited.]

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 1:47 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Tequila wrote:

ruveyn

and if it doesnt we will just have another breivik on our hands

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 3:09 pm

Oodain wrote:

Why do you say that?

You must know how badly Muslims behaved when the Cartoon of the Prophet (pus and blisters upon him) was published in a Danish newspaper.

ruveyn

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 3:15 pm

ruveyn wrote:
You must know how badly Muslims behaved when the Cartoon of the Prophet (pus and blisters upon him) was published in a Danish newspaper.

I would think that that's a much more likely scenario than another Breivik. Breivik is just a Muslim jihadist wearing a "Christian" face.

To be honest, I consider things like the Jyllands-Posten thing and the PVV as a sort of litmus test for Muslims. If they can't handle people criticisng their religion like this and violently attack anyone who does criticise Islam (whether PVV, Danish cartoonists, Ayaan Hirsi Ali or, well, anyone - even Koran-burning) then they just show that they are not mature enough as a people and behave like children.

If they can behave in a responsible and mature way and sort out the headcases in their mist and embrace Western democracy and true liberal values and perhaps stop mutilating girls' bits whilst they're at it and killing women for wanting to have relationships with non-Muslims - then I'm all for it and will welcome it. :)

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 3:23 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Oodain wrote:

Why do you say that?

ruveyn

i live here, yes i know excactly what the repercussions for denmark were in that case.
to be honest it was more to comment on the fact that if you dont upset one set of fundementalist you upset another
and that we should see all fundementalism for what it is, damaging to humanity as a whole.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 3:31 pm

And let me get this absolutely straight: I don't condone Koran burning or anything of that nature. It's very insulting and is really a not nice thing to be doing and I believe just shows someone's hatred. (But then the exact same thing is true of the poppy burners - hateful scumbags.)

I believe Muslims should be able to put their case forcefully for not treating their book with such disgraceful respect. Criticise and challenge the people who just hate all Muslims. But don't just physically intimidate, attack, bomb and so on people who peacefully disagree with you.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 3:38 pm

Tequila wrote:

I believe Muslims should be able to put their case forcefully for not treating their book with such disgraceful respect. Criticise and challenge the people who just hate all Muslims. But don't just physically intimidate, attack, bomb and so on people who peacefully disagree with you.

(Mr. Rogers Voice/On) Can you say fatwah? Sure you can. (Mr. Rogers Voice/Off)

ruveyn

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 3:41 pm

And then elements of the EDL retaliate by burning a few mosques...