Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2011, 2:24 am

Welp, I guess being dragged back into the dramatic comedy (or is it comedic tragedy?) of our little secret society here was an inevitability for me. So I'll take this time to say - for what seems like the 5th time since I joined this site, not counting my two 'lost' accounts - long time, no see.

Let's see... I think the last time I was here was this past summer. I was struggling with some serious depression issues after breaking up with my then-girlfriend. Thankfully, I am happy to report that I am pretty much over her, although I still suffer from some resentment issues regarding her. (Also, a note: If you see me mention somebody by the title She Who Must Not Be Named, I'm talking about this person. Honestly, she was a great girlfriend until she turned a complete persona 180 and became the manipulative witch that crushed my heart, ground it into a thousand tiny pieces, and blasted it into oblivion. [Star Wars allusion BTW for those who've seen it]. I refuse to use her name because it invokes many emotions and memories that I'd rather not re-experience, so instead I've taken a leaf out of J.K. Rowling's published works and made it taboo. Just a warning for you guys.) I'm also happy to report that I have found someone else. Her name is Patrica and she goes to the University where I used to be enrolled in. We met in anime club at the beginning of the semester. (there's actually an interesting story involving fortune-telling that involves our meeting and eventual relationship, but that's for another time). After a while I started developing feelings for her... she's a really nice person, who's down-to-earth and honest, but at the same time quirky and eccentric bordering on downright insane... but in a good way. She's one of those people whom you can spend time with and you'll end up almost laughing yourself to death.

It was actually kind of funny... I realized that I liked her around the start of November... I started spending more time with her after that, hoping to improve our relationship... it seemed like we were getting along great, and she even let some things slip that hinted that she might also have feelings for me as well... of course being an Aspie they flew right over my head, which is why I turned to my other ex-girlfriend from my former hometown of Arlington, TN for advice. (Unlike She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, this girl and I have patched things up and now share a long-distance friendship over the phone and Facebook. She also has another boyfriend now, but we still get along) I told her in detail about all the time we spent together, and how I thought she might like me, and I KNOW I liked her, but despite this neither one of us had broken the ice as of yet. She replied by telling me all of the things I had told her about this girl that she was convinced indicated her liking me, and when that failed to convince me, gave me what I consider the Greatest Inspirational Speech, Ever. Of All Time. She said, and I quote: "JUST GROW SOME CAJONES AND TELL HER ALREADY!! !" endquote. Yes it was over Facebook chat. And yes, it was in all caps.

So I did... and whaddya know? She actually did like me a bit, and was pleasantly surprised that I had asked her out. She thought I was a really great person and friend, and while the thought of a romantic relationship with me had yet to cross her mind, she told me that since I had worked up the courage to ask her and be honest with my feelings, that she wouldn't mind being my girlfriend. In fact she seemed quite excited at the prospect, seeing as according to her friends (and confirmed by her) she had never been in a relationship before. Ironically, her friends all ganged up on me online and asked me if it were true. I told them yes, and they all proceeded to friend me on Facebook... then they all sent me a message with some variation of "The Shovel Talk".

So we've been dating since November. I took her on a date before she left for winter break (she goes to school in Laramie but lives in Casper) and gave her a necklace that I had bought at a cosplay shop... it had a pendant in the shape of the Triforce from the Legend of Zelda. I thought it was clever because November 20, which was the day Skyward Sword was released in North America, was also the day of our first kiss.

... Oops. I've rambled on a bit too much for what is considered proper for an introductory thread, so I'll stop there.

Anyways, those who have been members of Wrongplanet for a long time will probably remember me. For those who don't, or for those who joined after my last disappearance, I suppose an introduction is in order.

My name is Kevin (real life name, I'm also part of the Wrongplanet Facebook group), but here I go by the handle Roxas_XIII. It's a Kingdom Hearts reference, although I have kind of grown out of that series so it's kind of no longer relevant. I'm 20 years old, live with my parents in Laramie, WY, work part-time and am currently saving up to re-enter college, seeing as my first two years didn't go so well. My eventual dream career lies in the computer industry. I love computers... I program and do small hacks in my spare time, and I'm currently saving up for the components for a high-performance custom machine.

Aside from that, I'm an avid otaku and gamer. Despite the stereotype of American anime fans, I actually have an honest interest in Japanese culture, thanks to my cousin who is half-Japanese and lives with her mother (now divorced from my uncle) who is native Japanese.

My current favorite anime is To Aru Kagaku no Railgun [Translated title: A Certain Scientific Railgun]. It's about this girl named Misaka Makoto who is a powerful esper, or psychic for whose who are unfamiliar with the term. Her ability is electrokinesis (an ability I believe I share, although it manifests itself only at certain times and is beyond my control), and she's so powerful she can use her power to create a magnetic field that can propel a small metal object (such as a 10-yen coin) through the air at speeds upward of Mach 9, which has lead to her being called "the human railgun" - hence the title.

My current favorite game... well that's a toss up between the Legend of Zelda and the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Legend of Zelda is a classic and one of my first games, and it will always have a place in my heart. but it is my personal opinion that the games Persona 3 FES and Persona 4 (both for the PS2) are the best role-playing games for any console ever. EVER. OF ALL TIME.

I'm currently on my third play-thru of Persona 4... as for Persona 3, I haven't finished it, but I gave FES to Patrica because I will most likely be playing it via Persona 3 Portable instead... that is, assuming I actually get a PSP for Christmas.

And that's about it. Hi everyone!

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2011, 2:35 am

Glad you came back! Nice to see you again. :) I'm kind of surprised that your favorite anime is Railgun and not Durarara!!, since your sig and avatar point to you being a fan of it.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2011, 2:42 am

Well, Durarara!! still ranks up pretty high, Railgun was only a recent discovery you see. And as you can also see, since I'm back I had to give my profile a makeover. It's Persona themed now.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2011, 2:49 pm

Welcome back to Wrong Planet, your Highness!

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2011, 5:26 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Welcome back to Wrong Planet, your Highness!

What the hell are you t- OH YEAH, I forgot about that. *evil smile* Now then, Lelouch vi Britannia commands you...

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2011, 7:46 pm

Welcome to WP!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2011, 11:52 pm

Welkome to WP

MickImage

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645