Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jase72
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Dec 2011, 5:30 am

Everyone with aspergers has there own personality, We all have something in common (AS) and to varying degrees! I attended an employment agency for people with AS for 20 weeks and met all kinds of people,ages,men and women with AS and they were all different. The personalities can be extreme sometimes like very shy or very extrovert but most just have a problem with communication and being comfortbalke with it as they dont take part on communication with others as much, Too wrapped up in there own little world and what they want to do or say next! Its very possible for someone with AS to be cool but would be difficult for many others who have very little control over there problems.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 9:06 pm

AnotherKind wrote:
I'm not meaning in the social way. Are they calm, silent, modest, shy or do they have a lot of tantrums, are impatient, can't control their emotions and talk alot about their interests? Do they have energy or do they behave like ill persons? I'm curious because a friend of mine thinks that people with asperger should be like that actor from Rainman :lol:

I don't know if I am cool or not......I tend to be rather calm most of the time, but I have anxiety and PTSD so sometimes I am anxious and on edge, I also have depression and get suicidal sometimes. So yeah I guess I don't have total control of my emotions, I do however seem to have less emotions than most people. I don't throw tantrums, but did as a child, and I am a bit impatient. I do like to talk about my intrests which include music, psychology/sociology related stuff, plants, herbs(and their uses), drugs(effects, risks, ect.), some history, and whatever else catches my intrest. As for having energy I seem to have less energy than most people but that could also be the depression.......I do not think I act like the actor from rainman.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 9:23 pm

I think someone needs to read Strong Bad's hit children's book "Everyone is Different. "

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html