Does this sound like the flu or something else?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Alienboy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Dec 2011, 5:33 am

I went to the hospital today and although they noticed I had a fever of 100.3, they told me that they didn't find any infection? This doesn't make sense to me. Although my fever is gone, I have been feeling very painful headaches, extreme nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, chills, fatigue and I have literally no appetite! I have only been eating a few hand fulls of crackers over the past few days. I seem to feel less nausea and upset stomach when I am laying down, but as soon as I get up I feel terrible! I keep having diarrhea and I vomit once in a while. I currently don't have a PCP(primary care physician) and I don't want to visit the ER just for the flu. I bought some Acetaminophen for the headaches and in case a fever should return. The website sure has a lot of members...possibly some doctors or nurses on here that can help me out? I need to get well soon to return to work. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2011, 1:49 pm

I don't know what exactly you got, just I know whenever I'm sick, and need to like, "do stuff" I take this Chinese herb called Astragalus, it works wonders. Could maybe try ginseng, too. Also, while vitamin C is needed to fight infection, B vitamins are needed too. A B vitamin supplement really helped me in general, but I'm sure it could do something for sickness. But try to find some astragalus, it's awesome stuff. My Asian market sells it in little vials for like $3 for 10 or 12 vials.

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2011, 1:51 pm

Sounds like HIV.