Other(please specify) 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Other(please specify) 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 78

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2006, 9:40 am

I am most sensitive to taste.

If something tastes bad and I don't like it, I can tell immediately.

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2006, 5:22 pm

Both sound and touch. I hate dry sandy textures to touching anything gooey or slimey.
I also have an issue with sounds like brooms sweeping on wet concrete where I would run a mile away from it.
I also have an issue with filtering out sounds as I find far more difficult than most to pick out individual voices in a party or pub situation.

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2006, 5:34 pm

All of them, but I guess sound is the worst.

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2006, 6:23 pm

I'd love to have a quiet house.
Not from a lack of people, but more in a design sense.
Geothermally water-cooled computers, fridge, quiet flooring materials, etc.
Even someone closing a door (the click as the handle engages) makes me cringe.
Thing is, it's not all sounds tho... I can go to a rave or a concert and be totally fine. Then on the way home, some noise the car makes can drive me nuts.

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2006, 7:06 pm

I can smell nearly anything. I can smell what KBABZ is eating right now.

foxwrapped
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Oct 2006, 12:13 am

Sight, more specifically brightness. I've had to stop driving because of the sun, which was making my eyes hurt and water, though I was wearing sunglasses and no one else in the car was bothered. I put the brightness on my electronics (laptop, ipod) much darker than usual, too. itsjustlife, I have the same problem with looking at sharp objects, but I never really though of it as a sight sensitivity before. so I wear glasses all the time to protect my eyes!

Overcast
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Oct 2006, 6:43 am

I'm sensitive to cold. I feel too cold a lot, even when the temperature is actually high.
If I get cold, my whole body sometimes shakes like a I'm having a seizure and I have to clench every muscle to control it. It hasn't happened in a while now though.

CaseyJ400
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Oct 2006, 6:46 am

I would have to say my biggest problem is with certain sounds. Mainly certain people's voices. I don't know what it is about the voices though. It doesn't seem to matter if it's loud or soft, high pitched or low pitched, Male or Female, or if it's a person I like or dislike. Certain voices can cause me to go ballistic. I tense up, fists and teeth clench and I have punched walls over it. I'm completely fine if I avoid the voices. I can't watch some shows, such as David Letterman and Wheel of Fortune, because I can't handle Dave's and Pat's voices. I love football, but I can only watch certain ones. There's a few announcers I can not listen to. Problem is, my husband likes to watch David Letterman and all football games. He doesnt' understand that I can't handle these voices, he just thinks that I don't like them or I don't like what they said. I also have left a store I was shopping at, because I heard someone's voice that I couldn't handle.

Smells also bother me but not as much as the sounds do. Lights don't bother me too much either. I actually prefer Fluorescent light bulbs to regular ones. I dont' really know why, but they seem to have a calming effect on me.