Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 11:15 am

Awesome show! Sometimes when I am watching a particularly bad movie I pretend to be on MST3K.

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 12:45 pm

MST3k is my favorite tv show ever. Last episode made me cry :oops:

So many favorite episodes, hard to decide on a favorite. I like Joel era a little bit more but both are great and Pearl is awesome.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 1:15 pm

NeueZiel wrote:

So many favorite episodes, hard to decide on a favorite. I like Joel era a little bit more but both are great and Pearl is awesome.

Joel was soooo cute. He's the only reason I watched it. I was married to a MiSTie and thought it was weird that he liked it more even though I got more of the references.

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 4:21 pm

Mindsigh wrote:
NeueZiel wrote:

Joel was soooo cute. He's the only reason I watched it. I was married to a MiSTie and thought it was weird that he liked it more even though I got more of the references.

oh totally :oops:. I think Mike gets too much flak, especially since he directed and wrote for most of the episodes and its not like his stuff wasn't funny (love Hobgoblins and Rosdower). With that said, I always preferred Joel's wry sense of humor, Mike was more of a chowderhead but I liked them both a lot. I love the episodes where Pearl watched movies with the bots.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2012, 8:39 am

NeueZiel wrote:
Mindsigh wrote:
NeueZiel wrote:

oh totally :oops:. I think Mike gets too much flak, especially since he directed and wrote for most of the episodes and its not like his stuff wasn't funny (love Hobgoblins and Rosdower). With that said, I always preferred Joel's wry sense of humor, Mike was more of a chowderhead but I liked them both a lot. I love the episodes where Pearl watched movies with the bots.

I don't remember Pearl, but it's been more than 10 years. Did you know that a couple of those guys wrote for America's Funniest Home Videos for a while?

Francesmances
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Jul 2012, 9:31 am

First off, LOVE MST3K. Love. It. Ever since I was a kid and it was on Comedy Central. I even wrote a paper about last year for a film theory class.

tabby676 wrote:
I <3 MST3K I have seen it all, a lot, I used to have it all, (save for the 3 KTMA episodes that no one has ever had), until I divested of all of my physical media. If you are looking for a new fix there is http://www.cinematictitanic.com/ (I am a "joelite" so I'm not going to throw the other option at you).

I have been to a performance of Cinema Titanic and it was the best! I got to hug Joel after the performance and drunkenly told him Pod People was my favorite!! But the other thing Tabby is hinting as is RiffTrax http://www.rifftrax.com/, which Mike's et al operation. I have never tried doing it because it requires some effort to sync the soundtrack but I'd love to try one day soon.

Also, I just realized that the guys make an appearance on a couple of episodes of Freaks and Geeks. Joel plays the disco DJ and Trace (crow) is a school teacher.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 2:58 am

NeueZiel wrote:

I never could understand the "mike hate" because of this... For the record, Joel is great, but Mike really turns me on...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGZKZUyTC4Q[/youtube]

:P

Last edited by GoonSquad on 14 Jul 2012, 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 3:29 am

GoonSquad wrote:
NeueZiel wrote:

I never could understand the "mike hate" because of this... For the record, Jole is great, but Mike really turns me on...

Mike is very funny and he occasionally posts on The Something Awful forum (or did back when he collaborated with Lowtax). I love his episodes, in fact I would be hard pressed to find an episode of MST3k I did not adore in some way. With that said, I guess I've been Team Joel(wish they sold those as t-shirts :( ).

Ugh, everytime someone links a Hobgoblins clip I have to go watch all of it now, damn you :evil: :evil:

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 3:56 am

Just a bit too much like crack, isn't it? :wink:

Francesmances
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Jul 2012, 9:34 am

GoonSquad wrote:

I never could understand the "mike hate" because of this... For the record, Joel is great, but Mike really turns me on...

ha! now I can't stop watching.... "Did Mark Rothko do this room?"

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 2:02 am

Francesmances wrote:
GoonSquad wrote:

ha! now I can't stop watching.... "Did Mark Rothko do this room?"

The Hobgoblins episode has an unprecedented amount of hilarious riffs.

"Jimmy Stewart and Rex Smith in Breaking In!"
"That bank door KILLED A MAN!"
"This poor guy was edged out of every decent role by Grant Goodeve."
"Oh he tried to crowd surf but no one wanted to touch him."
"Poor kid, he had so little promise."
"Member FDI MURDER. Guaranteed for up to fifty thousand DIE."
"Steven BOGGs this whole movie down!"
"Is she related to Wacky Tobaccky?..haha..ha..I'm leaving!!"
"Ah Kari French..haha..I bet she loves that dressing..sorry I hate myself GOODBYE."
"James Mayberry R.F.D. Oh, I hate myself too..."
"We paid for this wing with the profits from D.C. Cab."
"Can we have a law that in the future films have to be made by FILM MAKERS?"
"It just happened, did you see that? The hose just out acted him."

Darialan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jul 2012, 5:57 am

I actually put my ps3 to Youtube and watched "Attack of the The Eye Creatures." Yeah, the extra 'The' is not MY typo. lol

Vyacheslav
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 12:31 am

I love MST3K. I used to have a decent collection of episodes that I taped. I meant to transfer them to DVD, but never got around to it and I didn't bring the tapes with me when I moved. Now I miss them. Sometimes I'll be going through my day and I'll think 'I miss the Reverend and Mrs. Snow.' from the Screaming Skull.

'I brought a night basket' :lol:

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 2:35 am

I love the bots so much:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVHsJux1DYY&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

I love how Joel rushes in to cover Crow's mouth/beak when everything goes down into the gutter so fast.

ArthurDent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jul 2012, 4:48 pm

I have every episode and watch both Santa Clause Episodes every year for Christmas while eating Chinese takeout also the Cinematic Titanic version of Santa Clause Conquered The Martians and Santa And The Ice Cream Bunny and The Star Wars Holiday Special with RiffTrax and on an unrelated topic I also play the Commodore 64 game Santa's Xmas Caper on cassette tape :oops:

Don't forget RiffTrax live Manos The Hands Of Fate August Sixteenth

irishwhistle
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 1:59 am

How did I miss this thread for so long?!?! My husband and I are MSTies from way back around Season 3! I have Crow and Servo lapel pins and used to have a car with a spaghetti ball decal melted onto the window. We used to be on the old Prodigy text only fan boards and hang with other Prodigy MSTies. Lost touch, though... so we didn't hear about Muzzy until 2 years after he died... snf... Anyway, we love it. We've gotten our kids into it, and have been buying Rifftrax as well, and Cinematic Titanic.

ArthurDent wrote:
I have every episode and watch both Santa Clause Episodes every year for Christmas while eating Chinese takeout also the Cinematic Titanic version of Santa Clause Conquered The Martians and Santa And The Ice Cream Bunny and The Star Wars Holiday Special with RiffTrax and on an unrelated topic I also play the Commodore 64 game Santa's Xmas Caper on cassette tape :oops:

Don't forget RiffTrax live Manos The Hands Of Fate August Sixteenth

Can't make the Manos event, sadly... but hey, do you even have the old KTMAs?

The world loves diversity... as long as it's pretty, makes them look smart and doesn't put them out in any way.

There's the road, and the road less traveled, and then there's MY road.