Veteran

26 Dec 2011, 3:34 pm

Ganondox wrote:
Robdemanc wrote:
Ganondox wrote:
Robdemanc wrote:
Ganondox wrote:
Robdemanc wrote:
I reckon if an NT suddenly was turned into an Aspie they would think they had lost their minds

I say the visa versa is probably also true.

I am not sure, I wonder if I would notice at first. It might be odd suddenly wanting to chat to people though.

There is a lot bigger of a difference than simply desiring social interaction, and I believe a LOT would be lost if autism were to suddenly be taken away. You would be just as likely to feel you lost you mind as an NT would.

Maybe but I am thinking about the sensory issues more, if they suddenly went away it might seem like I had lost part of my vision, or hearing etc. Then, over time, I may notice that I am thinking a lot differently, but I cannot think of anything else that I would suddenly notice losing.

Who knows, but I think that only scratches the surface. It's impossible to really find out.

Maybe we might suddenly feel the right emotions at the right times. So at first we might feel unnerved because something we detect something odd. Then if we see someone we know we might get a feeling of warmth?

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2011, 10:30 pm

I don't think it works like that. I think it's more likely that we might the ability to think in certain ways, or something, who knows. What ever would happen, the transition would be rough, if it even works.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html