Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Adamantus
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Dec 2011, 9:10 am

I wanted to tell you about a way of making your monitor kinder on your eyes. If you are like me you will probably have very sensitive eyes. I just wanted to tell you about a couple of things which I've recently found help a lot:

"Blank your Monitor + Easy Reading" has improved. If you have Firefox you can get this addon. It now has the ability to set a background colour, text colour and link colour. So if you set these to dark colours you will reduce the light coming out of your monitor which will be kinder on your eyes.

AtFoilex
Bright Monitors. Modern laptop screens are like mirrors which cause massive reflections which turn eyes into dryed up dead things. I recently discovered Atfoilex. It's a cover you put on your laptop and it elimates all of the reflections. It turns monitors back into matt screens which don't hurt your eyes. It's quite difficult to apply without bubbling thoug so be warned.

I know there are a lot of other alternatives but I just wanted to tell you about these things if they are useful to you.

Teredia
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2011, 9:19 am

I actually find im teh oppersite and need the light on my monitot. I wonder if this is because i have one of the enws HD monitors?
I also find that the tilt i have the screen on helps also.
I have a friend who needs a green screen to read with...
Also one can buy nonreflexitive monitures now days... hmmm life...

JaeDee
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Dec 2011, 5:10 am

for sensitive eyes i recommend you actually buy matte style screens, these aren't reflective at all. at the cost of they let less light pass through, but as this is the desired effect it's useful. also getting the film helps greatly