Is feeding me a sign that she likes me?

Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

cyberfox007
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 280
Location: Soviet Canuckistan

27 Dec 2011, 11:47 am

I went on an outing with a friend last week. She is quite cute, intelligent and someone who i see myself with as a mate. We went out for lunch, shopping and skating for a few hours. I payed for lunch and skating. We went to a cafe after skating, ordered some coffee and some desert. Since i have been having meals with this girl, we have always shared a bit of our meals together but something happened at the cafe that was a notch up. She broke off a piece of her ice cream and fed me, hand to mouth and i reciprocated by feeding her a piece of my crepe. I freaked at what had happened but it was an amazing experience. What does people feeding each other mean when its just the two of them?

The whole time i spent with her, It felt more like a date (for me) rather than just friends hanging out having a good time. Considering my rough patch that is my love life, this outing was without a doubt the best experience i had with a girl. If it was a date or not.



fraac
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,865

27 Dec 2011, 11:52 am

Yes.



Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,500
Location: Lancashire, UK

27 Dec 2011, 11:57 am

My real response to this thread is suitable only for the Adult forum but I'll be nice (and avoid the impending ban) by saying instead that I think you've probably got yourself a girlfriend there. :)



Vince
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 703
Location: Sweden

27 Dec 2011, 11:59 am

It's hard to be 100% certain, but it does sound, at any rate, like she feels quite comfortable with you. You can probably get away with straight up asking her in a gentle, playful tone at a moment when she seems to be making signals, "What are you thinking about?". If she says "You", she's into you. If she says "what a good friend you are" or something along those lines, she probably thinks you're not into her (or girls in general, for that matter).


_________________
I'm Vince. I make the music. And puppet.
http://www.swenglish.nu


fraac
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,865

27 Dec 2011, 12:02 pm

The better the connection, the less you'll have to rehearse it. Don't worry about details.



Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,500
Location: Lancashire, UK

27 Dec 2011, 12:04 pm

fraac wrote:
The better the connection, the less you'll have to rehearse it. Don't worry about details.


Don't worry about it too much. In fact, don't worry about it at all. Sounds like a good chance anyway.



cyberfox007
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 280
Location: Soviet Canuckistan

27 Dec 2011, 12:36 pm

Tequila wrote:
My real response to this thread is suitable only for the Adult forum but I'll be nice (and avoid the impending ban) by saying instead that I think you've probably got yourself a girlfriend there. :)


She is of Japanese ethnicity and i am just crazy for all things Japanese so if i can score with her, i hit the jackpot.

Here's the kicker. She has "claimed" to me she has a boyfriend but i have not seen or herd of any evidence from her to support this and my spidey sense is saying that she is calling a bluff for me not move in on her. I am even willing to go as far as to charm her to the point so she can dump her boyfriend (if she has one) and have her go to my side.

Also, she has a job lined up when she graduates back in Japan and that could put a damper if we are to further develop our relationship. But i am friends with her on facebook, i text and call her up as a friend. I have not called her alot to the point as to come off creepy but i to communicate with ere one in a while.



Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Mar 2009
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,728
Location: 47°36'N 122°20'W

27 Dec 2011, 12:43 pm

Ask her out. On a real actual date. Make sure she knows it's a date.

That's your next move. Now go and do it. Send her a message if it's too much asking in person.

Japanese? A good friend of mine is a tall Japanese lady with big brestage, a flat belly and long legs. Very not typical. And very sexy. If I were single I'd soooooo ask her out.



fraac
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,865

27 Dec 2011, 12:45 pm

Play along, don't make a move.



Popsicle
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 May 2006
Age: 46
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,046

27 Dec 2011, 10:14 pm

cyberfox007 wrote:
I went on an outing with a friend last week. She is quite cute, intelligent and someone who i see myself with as a mate. We went out for lunch, shopping and skating for a few hours. I payed for lunch and skating. We went to a cafe after skating, ordered some coffee and some desert. Since i have been having meals with this girl, we have always shared a bit of our meals together but something happened at the cafe that was a notch up. She broke off a piece of her ice cream and fed me, hand to mouth and i reciprocated by feeding her a piece of my crepe. I freaked at what had happened but it was an amazing experience. What does people feeding each other mean when its just the two of them?

The whole time i spent with her, It felt more like a date (for me) rather than just friends hanging out having a good time. Considering my rough patch that is my love life, this outing was without a doubt the best experience i had with a girl. If it was a date or not.


If she made you a casserole that might be a friend thing. Breaking off a piece of food from her plate and hand feeding it to you is a flirty thing.



nick007
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2010
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,003
Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont

27 Dec 2011, 10:23 pm

I don't want rain on your parade OP but is there a Japanese custom about feeding someone. Perhaps it's some kind of cultural ritual best friends do or something


_________________
But I don't want to go among mad people, Alice remarked.
Oh, you can't help that, said the Cat: we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.
How do you know I'm mad? said Alice.
You must be, said the Cat, or you wouldn't have come here.


acentupleflat
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 9 Aug 2010
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 119

05 Jan 2012, 7:58 pm

fraac wrote:
Play along, don't make a move.



cyberfox007
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 280
Location: Soviet Canuckistan

06 Jan 2012, 1:36 pm

She is away on holiday with family/friends and will be back soon to resume her studies. I would like to do something with her around valentine's day.



Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Mar 2009
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,728
Location: 47°36'N 122°20'W

06 Jan 2012, 2:13 pm

HAHA! Typical aspie boy response. Excuses and delays. You are just afraid!

She is expecting you to do something! Think about that until you get it. OK? You aren't doing something objectionable or something bad. OK? She wants you to make a move and ask her out. And if she says no, well then you'll know for sure she isn't interested and you will be able to move on.

Just send her a message already and tell her how you feel. Do it now. You should have done it the day after the feeding, actually. JUST DO IT before some other guy grabs her away.



curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2010
Age: 50
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,503
Location: Latitude : 45.373. Longitude : -84.955

06 Jan 2012, 3:12 pm

I do think the feeding was a clear indication of her likeness for you but that BF comment makes me wonder if she is being sincere or just playing you?