hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 4:14 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Magnus_Rex wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
In which culture is that? Certainly isn't in mine ;p.

Where I live, it is not all that uncommon. For example, I had a friend who was sleeping with his head in the lap of a female friend while she stroke his hair. Most of the young people here have no problem flirting and doing public displays of affection with their friends. Apparently, the only way to know for certain if a couple is in a relationship is if they kiss each other.

yeah, my friends were like that when i was younger, and my daughter's friends too. very affectionate and touchy-feely, with cuddle-puddles and such.

Teens or adults?

both, ranging in age from about 15 to 25.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 4:32 pm

"Is feeding me a sign that she likes me?"

Oh gosh yes!! !! !! !! !!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

07 Jan 2012, 4:44 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Magnus_Rex wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
In which culture is that? Certainly isn't in mine ;p.

Where I live, it is not all that uncommon. For example, I had a friend who was sleeping with his head in the lap of a female friend while she stroke his hair. Most of the young people here have no problem flirting and doing public displays of affection with their friends. Apparently, the only way to know for certain if a couple is in a relationship is if they kiss each other.

yeah, my friends were like that when i was younger, and my daughter's friends too. very affectionate and touchy-feely, with cuddle-puddles and such.

Teens or adults?

both, ranging in age from about 15 to 25.

Are people still like that there? I should try to come up with a plan to move there if they are

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

bruinsy33
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Jan 2012, 5:48 pm

I think you should make an inquiry into whether or not she has a boyfriend,it wouldn't be that hard to bring up in a conversation .Her answer will tell you all that you need to know. Why should you waste time on someone who has a boyfriend and isn't going to ramp this up to the romantic level that you desire?Ask her about her boyfriend and see how she responds.

Lady-ivy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2012, 10:02 pm

I say am happy for you and this be awasume if this all works out. The thing is i whould be cautious about this and move very slowly. Ask your self these questions. do you know if that so called boyfriend lives in japan. Or she says has a boyfriend but you don't see the evidence of him to support her claim ask why or is she lying about having one. This chould be a warning sign as this tell you she has potential to lie in the relationship unless she has her resosons but still someone should never have to lie. Or if she has one why is she feeding you is it part of japenness culture to feed a friend. If it is that it fine. But if she checking you out so she leave her boyfriend for you. And feeding you was not is not a japenaness thing that is a sign of flirting and she still with her boyfriend she is near cheating on her boyfriend. Not a good sign. If she was not interested in her boyfriend anymore. She should of broke up with him. Not go behind his back to find someone better. It not fair to her boyfriend for her to be doing this. There is nothing you did worng op if this is the case. I knew a friend like this did the very same thing go behind a person back because she was not interested in her boyfriend anymore but stayed with him while she was getting to know her new protentaly boyfriend as she did not want to alone.

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 1:38 am

All you rational autistic people have to ask "What would monkeys do?" before judging an NT girl. Testing out new boys before she leaves her old one may be dodgy in a world with a Klingon honour code but for most mammals it's perfectly reasonable, and by playing along you may find yourself with a lovely NT girlfriend.

Don't expect girls to be honourable, expect them to be awesome. They'll love you in a way that makes you feel completely new stuff if you can provide the biggest, safest world. As autistics, the big world part is EASY, we're natural big worlders. Safety would include being an awesome friend who doesn't make a move at the first opportunity.

Lady-ivy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jan 2012, 2:09 am

fraac wrote:
All you rational autistic people have to ask "What would monkeys do?" before judging an NT girl. Testing out new boys before she leaves her old one may be dodgy in a world with a Klingon honour code but for most mammals it's perfectly reasonable, and by playing along you may find yourself with a lovely NT girlfriend.

Don't expect girls to be honourable, expect them to be awesome. They'll love you in a way that makes you feel completely new stuff if you can provide the biggest, safest world. As autistics, the big world part is EASY, we're natural big worlders. Safety would include being an awesome friend who doesn't make a move at the first opportunity.

There is a point of concern. The girl who might have a boyfriend and might very will leave her boyfriend for the op but she might be flirting with op when she already has a boyfriend. To me if she is not interested in her boyfriend anymore. There is no point of playing games. She
whould better brecking up with up her boyfriend then couseing problems. No one likes to be cheated on period. I don't see how to hard it break up with someone if your not interested them anymore I know you don't want to hurt their feeling but if you cheat it hurt more. I can bring this from my life me and my ex broke up becouse we wernt interrested in each other it possible more from my point. I knew if stayed with him and was not interested anymore. I knew If found some else I would cheat so we broke up becouse cheating hurts. My
concern for the op is even if they began dating what makes you think she wont possible do the same thing to the op

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 2:26 am

I agree. Maybe this girl doesn't agree. Reasonable difference of opinion.

What's stopping you being just the next guy in line is your AWESOMENESS. You're the best so you get the girl. That's how life works. If you don't think you're the best why are you wasting her time?

Look at Tom Hanks' character in Big. He was a child in a man's body, so he was kind of autistic, and the woman who fell for him was previously accused of working her way through everyone in the office. It's not about morality, it's about our basic animal nature. We're different from NTs here and there is no point pretending otherwise.

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 3:09 am

My favourite girls have all been like this one (might be). Playful and intimate with everyone, happy to let their boyfriend implode or explode with jealousy because that would prove he wasn't the real thing. Maybe there are healthier girls who can leave someone before going to someone else but I don't know about that. I know there are crazier, weaker girls who pledge their troth to anyone who manipulates them and then wonder why a few months later they've become an abuse victim.

I think autistics are well suited to girls who do anything to find the real thing.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 5:01 pm

It's extremely flirtatious behaviour.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 5:02 pm

cyberfox007 wrote:
With regards to the BF, She says she has a boyfriend but i have yet to hear or see any evidence to support this and right now i am just playing along as if she did not. I am willing to go as far to have her dump her boyfriend in favor for me. Considering my horrid dating record, i am willing to go Rambo on this one, just for the sake of changing my fortunes in the love and romance department. Plus, i think her BF (if he exists) could be in another country. She is here as an international student and has few friends here., so i am Just making her visit here more pleasurable.

I took her to a hockey game, shopping, got her Japanese food, out for lunch and ice skating i have have yet to see the boyfriend and i am doing a mighty fine job of courting her.

Anther tactic i am considering is calling her bluff and see what the truth of the matter is. I am well aware that she is using smoke and mirrors but i don't know where its going. So far, its going good and i don't to blow it.

Should i just be direct with her and clarify this BF bussiness? i think she has made me dance around the bush for far too long.

Are you sure she isn't using you because you pay for everything?

Rodland
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jan 2012, 5:16 pm

So, we have came to a conclusion that feeding is not a very good sign after all? But perhaps breast feeding then...

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 5:19 pm

Rodland wrote:
But perhaps breast feeding then...

Who knows, maybe she's just being motherly caring.

machf
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jan 2012, 7:33 pm

shrox wrote:
"Is feeding me a sign that she likes me?"

Oh gosh yes!! !! !! !! !!

Then I'm an idiot for grabbing a piece of an apple this girl was feeding me into my mouth instead of letting her do it...