US: losing its freedom of religion one school at a time

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2011, 3:20 pm

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... -epidemic/

Enjoy.

Last edited by Vexcalibur on 28 Dec 2011, 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2011, 3:23 pm

Oh, Madalyn, where are your disciples when we need them?

seekingtruth
Raven
Raven

01 Jan 2012, 7:53 pm

This is upsetting to me. I have a 1st grade Aspie who is being raised Buddhist. He would be very vulnerable to this type of thing.

Although at school assembly he's so overwhelmed by the noise he sits there with head phones on and tunes out what is going on anyway. :D

You are very likely an Aspie

WilliamWDelaney
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2012, 9:07 pm

There was a time when it was scandalous if there were not open prayer and religious references in school ceremonies. There was a time when ALL students were required to recite a pledge stating that the country is "under God," whether or not their parents would have had them believe this. The problem is, we're not dealing with the "law and order" breed of holy roller anymore, which was actually on certain levels kind of benign. Now we have these charismatic loons, and I honestly think that the old "freethinkers" would be best off aligning themselves with the old school of religious thought. These charismatic styled evangelists are dangerous for everybody, not just the non-religious.