Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Gothic85Cat
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Dec 2011, 7:17 pm

My favorite all time movie had been Wild Wild West starring Will Smith, Kevin Kline, Salma Hayek, and Kenneth Branagh, I got the DVD and ever since, I've been watching it at night time, my all time favorite character is Dr. Arliss Loveless, what can I say, men with long hair and a lot of facial hair is just so attractive to me, but, I love watching this movie over and over again, second favorite movie is Pirates of the Caribbean 1-4, mostly for Captain Jack Sparrow, lol, me and my movie star/movie character obsessions.
Oh, also, I record my own videos and upload them to YouTube, I love making random videos, so, if anyone wants to see them, I have two channels, 1st Channel: www.YouTube.com/Gothic85Cat, 2nd Channel: www.YouTube.com/Catsy855449, my second channel only has four videos but my first channel has a bunch of videos. I love using YouTube for all my video uploads.
As for TV, I love watching mostly Anime cartoons such as Sailor Moon, Pokemon, Bleach, Durarara, Mew Mew Power, etc. I also like watching regular non-cartoon shows like CSI:Miami, House, Bones, Fringe, Two and a Half Men, The Big Bang Theory, I'm not a big fan of American Idol, X Factor, Dancing With The Stars, So You Think You Can Dance, stuff like that.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2011, 10:16 pm

I've obsessed with movies involving Tim Burton and Johnny Depp for the past 2 years. Here are my favorites:

1. Alice in Wonderland
2. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
3. Edward Scissorhands
4. Sweeney Todd

The latest Burton/Depp collaboration, Dark Shadows, comes out on May 11th. I'm going to the theater to see it on opening day, just like I did for Alice.

As for television, my favorite live-action shows are Doctor Who and Red Dwarf. I also like the Western cartoons My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Invader Zim, as well as the Japanese anime Hetalia.

I am a fan of anime in general, but I'm very picky about what I watch; I rarely stick with an anime past the 6th episode or so. But I'm always looking for new series to watch because I never know what I might become obsessed with next.

Gothic85Cat
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Dec 2011, 11:04 pm

Oh my god!! ! I love My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, I forgot to mention that, I've been watching all the episodes from season 1 and season 2, plus I've been collecting the toys, I love that show!

And I've also been obsessed with Johnny Depp, have you seen his latest movie The Rum Diary, I saw that movie and flat out hated it because it was so long and drawn out, I plan on seeing that Dark Shadows movie as well when it comes out, I really liked Edwards Scissorhands, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Alice and Wonderland as well, those were good movies, but I didn't exactly like Sweeney Todd so much, I'm not a big horror movie buff.

I'm kinda picky with certain kinds of Animes as well, I like the ones that are real cute like and always have schoolgirls in them going on little adventures, they're my favorites!

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2011, 11:17 pm

My top three favorite movies of all time are the 1990 remake if Night of the Living Dead, both Kill Bill movies (I lump them together because I consider them two parts of the same movie), and Addams Family Values.

Some TV shows I'm obsessed with are The Golden Girls, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Deadly Women, and Desperate Housewives.

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

29 Dec 2011, 11:23 pm

Have you seen Firefly or its movie Serenity? Both are sci-fi westerns. I think both are really good. :)

Gothic85Cat
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Dec 2011, 12:24 am

Wow, this is getting interesting, lol.

@GreySun369 - I'm not really into any of those movies or tv shows, but, to each their own, I respect that :)

@kxmode - I've never heard of those movies or even seen them, I'm more only into just Wild Wild West, mostly because of Kenneth Branagh's character Dr. Arliss Loveless, I just love that particular character, I'm also into movies with Johnny Depp, mostly the Pirates of the Caribbean movies though, like I said before.

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Dec 2011, 12:31 am

Gothic85Cat wrote:
@kxmode - I've never heard of those movies or even seen them, I'm more only into just Wild Wild West, mostly because of Kenneth Branagh's character Dr. Arliss Loveless, I just love that particular character, I'm also into movies with Johnny Depp, mostly the Pirates of the Caribbean movies though, like I said before.

Firefly and Serenity is like a cross between Pirates of the Caribbean and Wild Wild West. Seriously :)

Firefly intro
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaLPpKCC9pg[/youtube]
And the film that was spawned from the show
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY3u7bB7dZk[/youtube]
Interesting fact: The name of the show is based on the type of ship, whereas the name of the film is based on the name of the ship.

Gothic85Cat
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Dec 2011, 12:43 am

Wow, very interesting, kxmode, very interesting indeed, I may have to try and find that movie just to watch it

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Dec 2011, 12:58 am

Gothic85Cat wrote:
Wow, very interesting, kxmode, very interesting indeed, I may have to try and find that movie just to watch it

I recommend watching Firefly first, then watch Serenity. A lot of plot elements in Serenity will make more sense. Also if you watch the show first then you'll really love all the characters in the film. I made the mistake of watching the film first then going back and watching the television show. I wish I had watched the show first, then seen the film.

Gothic85Cat
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Dec 2011, 1:58 pm

How do I watch the show, I mean, when would it be on and what channel, either that or i'd have to look for the show on YouTube, hmm, so, Firefly is actually a show first before it was a film, I'm guessing, I'll have to look for it

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2011, 2:08 pm

Gothic85Cat wrote:
Oh my god!! ! I love My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, I forgot to mention that, I've been watching all the episodes from season 1 and season 2, plus I've been collecting the toys, I love that show!

And I've also been obsessed with Johnny Depp, have you seen his latest movie The Rum Diary, I saw that movie and flat out hated it because it was so long and drawn out, I plan on seeing that Dark Shadows movie as well when it comes out, I really liked Edwards Scissorhands, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Alice and Wonderland as well, those were good movies, but I didn't exactly like Sweeney Todd so much, I'm not a big horror movie buff.

I'm kinda picky with certain kinds of Animes as well, I like the ones that are real cute like and always have schoolgirls in them going on little adventures, they're my favorites!

I've seen all the episodes of My Little Pony that have come out so far too, and I also collect the toys. I have Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie brushables (I ordered Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Rarity with Christmas money and I'm waiting for them to come in the mail), as well as the 12 pack of mini toys that come from Toys R Us, and a Twilight Sparkle plushie.

I'm glad you agree that Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Alice in Wonderland are good movies. It's difficult to find other people who appreciate them the same way I do. I haven't seen Rum Diary yet, but I've heard that it isn't very good (same thing with The Tourist). I personally think that Johnny Depp's best work has been with Tim Burton. I like every single movie that they've done together to varying degrees, whereas Johnny's other movies are pretty hit-or-miss.

It's pretty difficult to say which kinds of anime I enjoy. When I was a kid/teenager, I liked shonen stuff like Rurouni Kenshin, Inuyasha, Naruto and One Piece, but now that I'm getting older I find I don't really care for that genre anymore. Between the ages of 16 to 19, I was really obsessed with Hellsing and Trinity Blood, but looking back I wonder what I was thinking when I got into them. Since then I've been trying out different anime from different genres trying to find one to obsess over, and so far the only one that comes close is Hetalia.

Gothic85Cat
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Dec 2011, 3:24 pm

I have 13 figurines, I have Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Flutter Shy, Rarity, Apple Jack, Princess Celestia, and a few other ponies from the show, like Plum Sweet, Flitter Heart, Twinkle Shine, Snow Catcher, Honey Buzz, and Feather May, I'm still collecting them, I've been ordering them off of the Hasbro site mostly, it's funny how some of these other ponies I got kinda look like either Rainbow Dash, Rarity, or Pinkie Pie, or Flutter Shy but yet they are different colors, same eye shapes, same hair styles, same body shapes, just different colors and different cutie marks, I love them though.

And yeah, I'll agree Johnny Depp makes some awesome movies with Tim Burton, but I liked The Tourist, and I've more been into the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, I now have all four movies for DVD, I just love Jack Sparrow and his quirky personality :)

Yeah, I'm picky with certain Animes too, like I said, I'm more into cutesy girly Animes more than anything else

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2011, 4:50 pm

Gothic85Cat wrote:
I have 13 figurines, I have Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Flutter Shy, Rarity, Apple Jack, Princess Celestia, and a few other ponies from the show, like Plum Sweet, Flitter Heart, Twinkle Shine, Snow Catcher, Honey Buzz, and Feather May, I'm still collecting them, I've been ordering them off of the Hasbro site mostly, it's funny how some of these other ponies I got kinda look like either Rainbow Dash, Rarity, or Pinkie Pie, or Flutter Shy but yet they are different colors, same eye shapes, same hair styles, same body shapes, just different colors and different cutie marks, I love them though.

And yeah, I'll agree Johnny Depp makes some awesome movies with Tim Burton, but I liked The Tourist, and I've more been into the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, I now have all four movies for DVD, I just love Jack Sparrow and his quirky personality :)

Yeah, I'm picky with certain Animes too, like I said, I'm more into cutesy girly Animes more than anything else

Wow your pony collection is a lot bigger than mine! You should post pics of it sometime. Yeah, I agree that it's funny that all of the non-show ponies are basically recolors of the main ponies. Seems kind of lazy on the part of Hasbro if you ask me. I'm still going to collect them though.

I like Pirates of the Caribbean too, and I agree that Jack Sparrow is an awesome character. He's so charming and funny! I also have all 4 movies on DVD, though so far I have only seen the first 2. However, PotC isn't really an obsession of mine like the Depp/Burton movies are.

By the way, since you like both pirates and anime, I think this might be of interest to you:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wX6UuquMjY[/youtube]

It's called Moretsu Pirates, and it's about a school girl named Marika who takes her father's place as the captain of a space pirate ship after he dies. The series is brand-new and will start streaming on crunchyroll.com starting January 7th.

Gothic85Cat
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Dec 2011, 7:31 pm

Haha yup, if I get the chance, I'll definitely post up pictures of my pony collection, I'm still collecting them too, and I'll agree, the Hasbro company is real lazy at changing things up a bit for the pony characters.

I love Jack Sparrow, I'm literally obsessed with him, I got posters, figurines, clothes, a cardboard cutout, lol, I'm a huge fan of Johnny Depp!

Usually I'd be into One Piece just because it's nothing but pirates but I love the goofy animation to it, I'll check out that other Anime sometime and see what it's like

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Dec 2011, 8:08 pm

Gothic85Cat wrote:
How do I watch the show, I mean, when would it be on and what channel, either that or i'd have to look for the show on YouTube, hmm, so, Firefly is actually a show first before it was a film, I'm guessing, I'll have to look for it

Netflix is streaming both Firefly and Serenity.

Gothic85Cat
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Dec 2011, 9:05 pm

Yeah, too bad I don't have Netflix, I don't even have a membership to that, I've never used it, I've mostly just bought movies and tv series on DVD at stores or online, but I've never used Netflix, which is why I stick to YouTube, lol