Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Did Michael Jackson have autism?
Yes 25%  25%  [ 10 ]
No he was neurotypical who was made strange by his unusual life 25%  25%  [ 10 ]
No he was schizophrenic 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No but he had some kind of mental disorder 35%  35%  [ 14 ]
No he was a normal neurotypical 8%  8%  [ 3 ]
No he was just a genius and geniuses are not normal 8%  8%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 40

wogaboo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Dec 2011, 11:56 pm

Some people have speculated that Michael Jackson was autistic. I think this theory sounds extremely believable for a number of reasons:

1) he seemed extremely socially naive. For example he foolishly trusted journalist Martin bashire to film and interview him for 8 months thinking it would be a positive documentary. Little did he know Bashire was manipulating him into looking like a freak so the documentary could score massive ratings. Also according to his sister Latoya, he was surrounded by people who manipulated and controlled him, tricked into performing 50 concerts before his death when he thought he had only agreed to about 10.

2)he had horrible theory of mind skills. He had no idea how disturbing it is to most people to talk about sharing your bed with kids or how strange it looks to cover your kids faces with mask or dangle your baby from a balcony. He also had no idea how much of a liar he looked like when he denied obvious plastic surgery or claimed that he was the biological father of 3 completely non-black kids.

3)his skin went from black to white. Once again, this shows poor social understanding to think he could just change his race and not suffer a backlash. On the other hand he and his doctor claimed he became white because of vitiligo/lupus. This is probably just a lie he came up with to save face, however even if it's true, it might still indicate autism because many people believe autism is an immune disorder and so is vitiligo/lupus.

4) he had savant like talents. Even though there's virtually no evidence he could play an instrument or read music, he composed some of the most popular songs in history simply by imitating the sounds of instruments with his vocal chords. He was a spectacular sketch artist and dancer.

5) he engaged in repetitive rituals. He was said to have spent hours studying and practicing his dance moves to perfection.

6) he was a terrible driver. He got his driver's license at the late age of 25 and was so bad at driving he had to stop.

7) he made poor eye contact. Many interviews in his 20s where he never took off his sun glasses.

8)he had weird pets. Many autistics love animals and MJ would do interviews with a boa constricter around his neck plus he had a pet chimp

9) he did not have age appropriate peers. His best friends were 12 year old boys.

10) he had abnormal sexuality. He seemed to be trying to look like Elizabeth Taylor and depending on who you believe, he could have been asexual, homosexual or a homosexual pedophile. He was also accused of collecting dirty underwear and dirty diapers and smearing feces

11) he talked in a strange childlike voice which was probably fake

12) he surrounded himself with mannequins because he felt lonely. This is similar to autistic Jeffrey dahmer who surrounded himself with corpses to feel less lonely.

13) he had severe sleeping problems. He died because he was using propofol to get to sleep.

14) his fans are severely obsessed with him missing work to support him when he's on trial and even in one case getting plastic surgery to look like him. His fans sound autistic themselves so he is probably autistic since autistics support their own kind as a Darwinian strategy.

15) one biographer claims he was diagnosed with schizophrenia as a kid. Childhood schizophrenia used to be the diagnosis given to autistics. On the other hand some thing autism is the opposite of schizophrenia.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2011, 12:09 am

Michael Jackson was an MK ultra slave and he had DID induced by mind control programming.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2011, 12:29 am

First, what evidence do you have that Dahmer was autistic?

Second, even though the neurology of autism and schizophrenia are often opposite they display many of the same traits.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2011, 12:37 am

There is also the theory that he was chemically castrated:

http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-03-mic ... child.html

As the article says, we will never know. But it makes a lot of sense.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2011, 12:39 am

I want to create a list of how many threads like this get created for each person.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

wogaboo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Dec 2011, 12:43 am

Ganondox wrote:
First, what evidence do you have that Dahmer was autistic?

Second, even though the neurology of autism and schizophrenia are often opposite they display many of the same traits.

A friend told me dahmer was an aspergoid so I googled dahmer + aspergers and that seems to be the expert consensus.

Autistics and schizophrenics may display the same traits because they are opposites. For example, fat people and muscular people are opposites but display the same traits: both are heavy, both wear large clothes, both are slow etc.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

30 Dec 2011, 12:48 am

[Moved from General Autism Discussion to Random Discussion]

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2011, 1:19 am

No, he was just a deeply disturbed man reverting back to the childhood he never had (thrown into showbiz too young, father used to beat him too).

People thought the masks on his kids were weird but there was method in his madness; those kids were able to go to school and have nobody at all recognise who they were. His kids didn't look all that white to me either, they looked more latino IMO. His eldest daughter Paris seems to have some of his facial characteristics.

MrOddBall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Feb 2014, 2:12 am

blue_bean wrote:
No, he was just a deeply disturbed man reverting back to the childhood he never had (thrown into showbiz too young, father used to beat him too).

People thought the masks on his kids were weird but there was method in his madness; those kids were able to go to school and have nobody at all recognise who they were. His kids didn't look all that white to me either, they looked more latino IMO. His eldest daughter Paris seems to have some of his facial characteristics.

Exactly ! :D I've read the same thing about him actually :/

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 4:41 am

Where is the button for who the * * * * knows? Man's dead, can't diagnose a dead man.

RustDogofAus
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Feb 2014, 4:47 am

I believe his upbringing and fame at a young age ruined his mind, he was unable to be a child when he was one and thus wanted to be one when he was an adult; a rather sad story that is unfortunately all too common with child stars. I feel sorry for the guy to be honest.

GregCav
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 4:48 am

I think he was mainstream neurotypical.

from wiki

Quote:
Jackson had a troubled relationship with his father, Joe.[17][18][19] In 2003, Joe acknowledged that he regularly whipped Jackson as a boy.[19] He was also said to have verbally abused "Jackson", saying that he had a "fat nose" on numerous occasions.[20] Jackson stated that he was physically and emotionally abused during incessant rehearsals, though he also credited his father's strict discipline with playing a large role in his success.[17] He first spoke openly about his childhood abuse in an interview with Oprah Winfrey, broadcast in February 1993. He admitted that he had often cried from loneliness and he would vomit at the sight of his father. Jackson's deep dissatisfaction with his appearance, his nightmares and chronic sleep problems, his tendency to remain hyper-compliant, especially with his father, and to remain childlike throughout his adult life, are consistent with the effects of the maltreatment he endured as a young child.[21]

This, and money and fame. Nobody could remain straight and normal with these sorts of influences.
I remember him from childhood. He has never displayed any form of autism that I could recognise.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 8:42 am

wogaboo wrote:
Some people have speculated that Michael Jackson was autistic. I think this theory sounds extremely believable...

It is not a theory.

Theories are hypotheses that have been tested and shown to be valid. Michael jackson (as far as we know) was never tested for AS.

It is not an hypothesis, either. An hypothesis is testable. Michael Jackson is dead. He can not be tested for AS. Thus, WE WILL NEVER KNOW!

It is merely an opinion - an assumption - likely based on the desire that many Aspies seem to have to find a Famous Person that everyone likes and "prove" through convoluted rhetoric, random assumptions and wishful thinking that the Famous Person had/has AS.

Michael Jackson is dead. Leave him in peace.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 8:53 am

Seriously. Lets pick Johnny Deep to be the AS celebrity.
Im sure someone can hammer out a 1 thu 10 list for him.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 8:56 am

wogaboo wrote:
A friend told me dahmer was an aspergoid so I googled dahmer + aspergers and that seems to be the expert consensus.

[citation needed]

Which "experts"? How many? What makes them "experts" on diagnosing dead people?

Evidence, Please?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 7:54 pm

No but a few mental illnesses that he likely had would be:

1. Anorexia
2. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
3. Body Dysmorphic Disorder