Bars/Clubbing/Parties Rules and Etiquette

Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2012, 4:31 pm

minervx wrote:
1. Dress well, depending on the place. Wear something that is mature, but not preppy or overdoing it. Ideally, a button-down casual shirt (perhaps plaid, with undershirt and/or no "popped collars", jeans, clean casual shoes, combed hair, groomed, wearing a little bit of cologne, and perhaps a good watch. No outerwear, things will get too sweaty.

You should probably try to match the level of dress of the place you're going to or be slightly better dressed to make a good impression on women. If you're wearing a tuxedo at a dive bar, you're just going to look ridiculous.
minervx wrote:
2. Don't drink (or at least drink very very little). A lot of guys act like idiots because they are drunk. There are the guys who act macho/tough/insecure with their chest pouted out, men who act silly with a goofy smile and drunk laugh, or men who are so uncoordinated and slurred in their speech. By not drinking, you will be normal and cool, the adult in the room.

Well, no, if you're abstaining at a place whose primary purpose is to serve alcoholic drinks, you're going to look out of place at best (with the possible exception being if you're there with several friends) and like you're trying to take advantage of inebriated women at worst.
minervx wrote:
3. Come early like 8-9:30. The male-female ratio is even. The flood of guys come later. It's a much calmer atmosphere, more allowing of anything noble. This is before everyone gets drunk and things degenerate. I usually leave before midnight.

Things may be different where you live, but in Saint Louis, on a Friday or Saturday night, things are going to be virtually empty at around 8:00. 10:00 is the very earliest. If you just want to be at an empty bar to get a drink with a friend, I guess 8:00 is fine. Bars that are inside a restaurant are obviously going to be busier earlier because some people will get a drink while waiting for a table.

I don't know if you're expecting to meet the dames and baronesses of the realm, but I don't typically associate bars and night clubs with anything "noble." People go to these places to drink, dance, hang out with friends, and hook up.
minervx wrote:
4. Don't wait. I dont think standing around waiting for a certain woman to stop talking to another guy or leave her friends is a good idea. Instead, I think its best to introduce yourself to her and her friends, so you are not the rude person who separates people but increase your options of women.

Just standing around staring at a few women is creepy. Slinking to the corner with nothing better to do is boring. If you're in a social setting, you might as well take advantage of it, so I agree with you here.