What should I name my character for my story?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

theaspiemusician
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Dec 2011, 7:22 pm

He is an Italian-American, meaning his name has to be Italian. (well it doesn't really have to be, I'm Sicilian-American, but since my parents were hippies, I have a Swedish name. But I want my character to have an Italian name) He's 19 years old.

I want him to have a name that has significant meaning that reflects who he is as a person. His part in the story is that he's supposed to find out who he really is. He's slightly confused about himself, and can be more than a little sensitive, but hides it. He's not overly masculine, but he's not feminine either. He's afraid to be himself, but he's trying to. He's kind of a nerd, but not noticeably so. He's actually pretty outgoing and has plenty of friends, but some people who knew him long enough are nervous about the real him. In the end, he becomes more confident and becomes his true self.

To pic a name that would suit how he looks meaning that it would reflect his personality AND would match him: he's around 5 ft 9 inches and thin. He's slightly tan but natural tan, NOT like those losers on Jersey Shore. He has short slightly wavy dark brown hair with bangs swooping to the right but NOT in an emo hairstyle and blue eyes (Yes, Italians CAN have blue eyes, a lot of my family does. I don't tho, I have Amber eyes. I'm the weird one rofl) He mostly dresses in plaid flannel shirts and slightly skinny jeans (not too skinny though) and skate shoes.

I guess that's most of the information about him that matters. I guess another thing to mention is he's NOT an only child and isn't selfish. Other than that, I guess that's enough to find a name that fits him.

"One pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small but the pills that mother gives you don't do anything at all"

Last edited by theaspiemusician on 31 Dec 2011, 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2011, 7:27 pm

Boy?

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2011, 8:27 pm

You'd probably want a name of a Catholic saint, for 2 reasons. One reason is, Italy pretty much everyone's Catholic, that, and you can find the life of a saint, and parallel or whatever. http://www.catholic.org/saints/stindex.php
http://www.catholic.org/saints/patron.php Patron Saints, too, for specific stuff. That's what I'd recommend, easy to get a meaning out of it.

MountainLaurel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2011, 11:03 pm

Silvio

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2012, 2:37 am

Giovanni

"I belive in God, only I spell it Nature."
~ Frank Llyod Wright