History is one long war between autistics & schizophreni

Page 5 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

04 Jan 2012, 10:14 am

Or they just spoke late, and it didn't really mean anything:

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/ ... ekey=52130

And this book talks about it:

http://www.amazon.com/Einstein-Syndrome ... 0465081401

Said book also firmly establishes that late speech is not directly linked to intelligence.

I spoke really early - my first words were a full sentence of 8 words at 11 months. I'm not sure whether that is a sign of giftedness or anything else, as I have a lot of problems with speech and have all my life (but my mother tends to dismiss them because I started speaking complete sentences before I was a year old! I suspect that rapid development can cause problems as well as late development).

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 7:51 am

'Opposite' doesn't mean anything useful psychologically, it probably just means you've become overattached to a particular model.

I always related to John Nash, or at least the way he worked out Game Theory as shown in the film.

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 11:38 am

Game Theory is a load anyway as far as I know, since it assumes homo economicus - a model of human behavior that is just totally bunk.

But don't quote me on that, I'm no expert and no mathamatician.

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 12:28 pm

It's true, people aren't rational, but Nash says you can use a strategy where everyone else's irrationality is only hurting themselves. I think it's divine.

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 12:32 pm

So... who's winning the war?

thedaywalker
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 12:46 pm

isn't it more of a war between autistcs and psychopathics if any war is going on? autistics and psychopaths have in comen that they don't have empathy where they differ is that autistics want people to be happy and usualy arn't like by the people around them and psychopaths usualy don't want people to be happy and are liked by people around them.

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 12:48 pm

But why would either side wage a war? I understood the theory, but the sentence about 'war' between two sides wasn't explained.

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 1:27 pm

Ages ago I predicted a war between psychopaths and autistics, but each side would have to gain self-awareness first.

It seems to me that almost all historically significant figures were autistic, psychopathic, schizophrenic or something in between.

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 1:42 pm

Personality disorders can't be fitted onto one axis: move in one direction and get one disorder, move toward another and get closer to another disorder. No.

They can't even be fitted onto a 2-D graph.

Personality disorders look more like this:

http://www.ni.com/images/labview/2010/n ... _graph.jpg

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 1:47 pm

fraac wrote:
Ages ago I predicted a war between psychopaths and autistics, but each side would have to gain self-awareness first.

It seems to me that almost all historically significant figures were autistic, psychopathic, schizophrenic or something in between.

That doesn't make sense to me at all.

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 2:41 pm

thedaywalker wrote:
isn't it more of a war between autistcs and psychopathics if any war is going on? autistics and psychopaths have in comen that they don't have empathy where they differ is that autistics want people to be happy and usualy arn't like by the people around them and psychopaths usualy don't want people to be happy and are liked by people around them.

It's not the same lack of empathy. Psychopaths have good theory of mind empathy (which I don't think theory of mind should even be intertwined with empathy to the point to where it is just classified as empathy alone.)

Psychopaths do not have the caring empathy.

It's in reverse for autistics. People who just read about autism only see "lacks empathy" without further explanation.

That further explanation is problems with theory of mind.

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 4:41 pm

Schizophrenics and autistics would not wage war against each other. People who are not autistic or schizophrenic would try to though. This is how class wars are started, race wars etc... When the news kept talking about mexicans and blacks at war over jobs and turf, they weren't really reporting facts. There was a fear that mexicans and blacks would group up together. That is how a psychopath works. They think about blowback and even though it's not real, they tend to think about that threat and end up making that threat a reality or end up trying to get people to dispose of their perceived threat to keep others at each other's throats so that they can continue on as usual with their plans instead.

Psychopaths are never told they can change. Instead our society just shrugs it shoulders and declares everyone else can change but the narcissist and psychopath so what does that accomplish? It forces everyone else to change while psychopaths get this subconscious immunity with the notion underneath it all, don't try to change and just accept it.

Psychiatry has a history of a psychopathic nature as well as the survival of the fittest routine. The psychopaths rally everyone using fear to get what they want.