What is the worst place you have ever been to?

Page 4 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

sedods
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Aug 2012, 1:27 pm

Family reunions, clubs and bars. My three least favorite things to be at. Or close to...

Stargazer2893
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Oct 2012, 4:07 pm

I detest Vegas and Cancun almost equally (although I loved Freemont St. for about an hour...)...The worst place I've ever been was inside of an engine room on a US Navy destroyer...disgustingly hot, loud, full of scary equipment that will scorch your skin if you touch it, and it's like a maze...I only had to be there for a day, it was awful.

AQ test: 36
EQ: 17 SQ: 67 Extreme Systemizer
151/200 AS
64/200 NT

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2012, 6:37 pm

AspieSW wrote:
blueroses wrote:
For me, it would just be particular homes I've been in. I work in social services and need to make home visits to clients, some of whom live in pretty bad conditions. (Anyone ever see the show Hoarders?)

My boss gave me these houses all.the time.lol! I liked the challenge.of making order from chaos (i.have adhd too so need challenges)
Been in some pretty grim.places!

I live in this. :cry: My bff's house is worse. I can't stand to go there anymore. It is full of roaches and fleas. But the worst by far is my grandfather's house, my aunt moved in and I haven't been in there in a couple years, but even then that was the nastiest, smelliest house I have ever been in.

Other than that, school.

musicforanna
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2012, 4:43 am

I remember on one of our vacations, we went to black canyon of the gunnison (colorado?). Now the canyon itself is absolutely gorgeous and picture worthy, but there was a museum nearby that we went on a tour with that revolved around a nearby historical ranch of some kind. This tour went outside, and being the hot summer day it was, I was not as well hydrated as I would have liked to have been. Well, after going to this one place where this lady went at length about the history of the W letter hoisted onto the side of the mountain, then to another building where she talked at length of the anorexic bride and her 42 lbs wedding headdress (erp), a victorian era coat made of dog skin (eww) then we went back to the mountain with a W on it. She then proceeded to elaborate at length (about 30 minutes worth, in case we didn't hear enough of it already earlier) about this stupid f*cking W in the side of the stupid f*cking mountain (as you can tell, I'm feeling particularly "sentimental" about this experience). I was THIS close to passing out from dehydration and it seemed like no one around me was noticing. When we got inside I just about collapsed at the water fountain. Thankfully I was able to reserve melting down until we got to the camper, but barely.