What is the worst place you have ever been to?

Page 3 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2012, 12:55 pm

For now I think I'll go with schools and/or college campuses.

CWA
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 10:50 pm

Well, amusement parks don't sit well with me. Crowded, noisy, smelly, and I hate the rides.

BUT there is one place that was worse.

Marrakesh Morocco. **** dude.

I like Casablanca just fine, but MArrakesh get's a big old "NOPE" in my book.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 3:21 pm

The tube trains in London. I've been on them 3 times in my life, and all 3 times they had broken down. No way am I going on them again.

Tawaki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 7:51 pm

Fnord wrote:
Grand Ledge, Michigan.

A self-important small town with pretensions of greatness and no significant features.

How's Grand Ledge different from any of the other West Michigan hell hole towns?

I have to drive past it on the freeway to get to Grand Rapids. I live in Michigan. Grand Rapids creeps me out too.

Western Michigan: tourist trap towns, zillion of small Christian churches, and general intolerance of anything that isn't WASP. Muskegon Heights gets my vote for Flint of the West.

Gotta head out that way for a family reunion. Family+West Michigan small towns, I'd rather eat a gun. I feel your pain.

Tawaki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 8:03 pm

mv wrote:
Detroit. Because, Detroit.

Oooh, or Bridgeport, CT. Ick.

No hating on the 313! (I kid, I kid!)

Lived in Detroit for 8 years, and loved it. And it was the hood part, not downtown. Road the DDOT (hood bus) everywhere. You are just another freak in the Freak Kingdom. Peeps leave you alone.

I'd rather live back in my little apartment on Cass Avenue, than any tiny, idyllic tourist town, on the West side of the state. Crack heads don't scare me, those Children of the Corn folks do.

Oh, and Chuck E Cheez is a portal straight from hell. I'm sure if you could lift the building off the foundation, you'd see straight down to there. I dissociated just walking through the door.

Nymeria8
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 5:56 pm

Its a definite tie between Los Angeles, CA and Orlando, FLA. I am not a fan of heat, sunshine, or crowds.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 9:29 am

Bangkok Thailand (way too hot and humid) Saw many snakes too.

Seoul S Korea. I lived there for many years. Way too much traffic. Road rage like you wouldn't believe! The staring is so annoying.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

CWA
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 3:57 pm

Yes, I would like to add chuck-e-cheese. Took our soon to be 5 yo. NOPE. Worse than Marrakesh by a long shot.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 5:14 pm

Grande Prairie, Alberta was pretty bad. It was a road trip that took two days from Calgary and it's a slightly big city but it's in the middle of nowhere. Some parts of it were very nice but it's just the fact that it's in the middle of nowhere for hours and the drive there is boring as a brick wall. I've heard that the crime rate is bad there as well. Also, supposedly you can't get out of that place in the winter because the roads are really icy.

man-hands
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Jul 2012, 7:15 pm

Arizona. :D

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2012, 4:38 am

We lived in the DC Metro area for a year when we got married. It was hell on earth. When we moved back home, I was so glad to be back that I made DH pull over as soon as we crossed the state line and I got out and literally kissed the ground.

I will never go back there it was so bad. But I did really, really enjoy riding the subway and although I never had to go anywhere on it because I had a car, I would drive up there and park and ride it for fun on my day off. That was great, but it was the only thing that was great!

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2012, 6:47 am

I've only really been thorough Canada and Maine so my vote would be Calgary, Alberta. I heard great things about this city but was shocked at what I found. The traffic was a nightmare, the suburbs sprawled for as far as the eye could see, the people were not friendly and in the stores many of the clerks were downright nasty. The song "Subdivisions" by Rush immediately came to mind when I thought of that city. It was like Toronto without the cultural diversity. Overall it just seemed like the city was growing too fast and it had little in the way of history or culture and I can't handle the crowds.
Even more surprising, I expected Edmonton to fit this description but I actually really enjoyed that city even though it's roughly the same size.

opal
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2012, 7:11 am

Katherine, NT. Full of drunks, and alcohol -fuelled violence. Probably the only place I felt unsafe walking at 6pm with my husband by my side.

TalksToCats
Toucan
Toucan

13 Jul 2012, 9:08 am

Welcome break motorway services.

Neither welcoming or particularly providing of a break...

This may just be cos I'm a coffee snob and they did not have anywhere serving decent coffee, haven't been for a bit, they may have improved by now.

mntn13
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 6:42 pm

The worst place I've ever been to is in the middle of Hong Kong, way back in the 70's, with my parents. I found it very frightening, like a bad nightmare.
Equally bad was Chuckie Cheeses restaurant in Stockton, Ca.

AspieSW
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Jul 2012, 5:11 pm

blueroses wrote:
For me, it would just be particular homes I've been in. I work in social services and need to make home visits to clients, some of whom live in pretty bad conditions. (Anyone ever see the show Hoarders?)

My boss gave me these houses all.the time.lol! I liked the challenge.of making order from chaos (i.have adhd too so need challenges)
Been in some pretty grim.places!