Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

bluntedboywonder
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Jan 2012, 10:30 am

I would say that you are safe -- and for women with turbulent and unpredictable backgrounds that can be a turn-on. Then they cling to you because you're an anchor in an otherwise unruly sea. If your avatar is really you I'd say they go for looks as well.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 11:14 am

JanuaryMan wrote:

Sweetleaf, I think just because I am understanding of their situation they shouldn't confuse it with feelings beyond wanting to casually date or...THAT, if it comes to it ;) but it's not the fault of those women some just haven't had any non abusive people in their lives and take kindness as love. It's just they aren't my type.

Well are you clear about the fact you have no intentions beyond casually dating? and its you're choice who you date.

Embroglio
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Jan 2012, 10:33 pm

It could be where you live or where you meet women. I used to go to this one night club and the only type of girls who would show any interest were white trash types. 19-20 years old 1+ kids, stinky, fat, not physically attractive at all. Had too many issues and had no future. I haven't gone to that club in close to 2 years and don't attract that type of girl much at all anymore.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 10:49 pm

nick007 wrote:
Perhaps your Aspieness makes you appear to others as rude, uneducated, unpopular ect; things that may seem relatable to people from "troubled" backgrounds

More likely the aspie-ness attracts people who think that the Aspie will put up with their bullsnot.

Don't confuse the glassy-eyed stare and silence with tacit sympathy, or even interest. I may just be desperate for the attention.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2012, 3:58 pm

I attract pretty girls now and then, but they're almost always "the wrong kind". They're typically chain smokers, have bleached hair, facial piercings and can seem very nice one moment; we'll talk about everything, have nice sex and so on. Then, they typically become manipulative and passive-agressive.