Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

winslow
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Jan 2012, 6:57 pm

Specifically my hands and feet - as soon as the temp starts to drop in the fall my hands and feet are freezing cold until it warms up in the spring or when there are warm days like today (it was 86 at noon today). I can be bundled up and sweating and my hands and feet are icicles. Drives me completely insane. The only thing that helps it is eating......but that only lasts for about 30 minutes.

Anyone else have similar issues??

Diamorphine
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jan 2012, 7:21 pm

winslow wrote:
Specifically my hands and feet - as soon as the temp starts to drop in the fall my hands and feet are freezing cold until it warms up in the spring or when there are warm days like today (it was 86 at noon today). I can be bundled up and sweating and my hands and feet are icicles. Drives me completely insane. The only thing that helps it is eating......but that only lasts for about 30 minutes.

Anyone else have similar issues??

That seems more like a sign of low blood pressure or bad circulation.

winslow

04 Jan 2012, 7:38 pm

DAMN YOU FOR GIVING ME SOMETHING NEW TO OBSESS OVER :-P

questor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 8:14 pm

My NT sister has this condition. It has a name, but I forget what it is. Her hands and feet will actually change color in the cold--sometimes red, or redish purple, or sometimes very white. It depends on how cold they get. She has to wear socks to bed, and keep her hands warm. She probably wears light gloves around the house, too.

Check with your doctor about this to find out if this is what you have, and to find out what, if anything, can be done.

And remember, we on the spectrum are all:

A Different Drummer

If a man does not keep pace with his companions,
Perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
Let him step to the music which he hears,
However measured or far away.

--Henry David Thoreau

winslow

04 Jan 2012, 8:25 pm

thanks questor. I get the hand discoloration too, but I get it all year long. I never thought about that until you mentioned it. def gonna look this up. thanks again.

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 9:03 pm

questor wrote:
My NT sister has this condition. It has a name, but I forget what it is. Her hands and feet will actually change color in the cold--sometimes red, or redish purple, or sometimes very white. It depends on how cold they get. She has to wear socks to bed, and keep her hands warm. She probably wears light gloves around the house, too.

Raynaud's Syndrome/Phenomonon.

I also have this. It's quite creepy the first time you wake up, look at your hands, and your hands look like they belong on a corpse.

Poor circulation in hands and feet is definitely something that some people just have, as well as there being some medical things that cause that.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 10:58 pm

I get sharp, piercing ear pain when the weather is cold and windy, even if the rest of my body is warm, my ears cannot tolerate the cool air.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 11:02 pm

I know someone whose fingers and toes are purple most of the time. I tend to have cold phalanges too, but they don't turn purple until I am really cold.

tropicalcows
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jan 2012, 9:30 pm

I have Raynaud's. I also can't stand air touching my ears. I'd probably wear a hat all the time if I were a male with short hair.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 10:01 pm

I don't have any physical problem with the weather but when it gets really cold, like in the 30's and below I can't stand it. Luckily we only get about 2 months of that and we get some 50 and 60 degree weather in there for a few weeks during those two months. It's still cold enough for a coat but not freezing.

I'm built for the heat. When it's 95, 100, 102, and the humidity is so high that the air is sticky and heavy and the sun is beating down, I feel great.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com