Anyone prefer stuffed animals/real animals to people?

Page 4 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2019, 10:45 am

Stuffed ones and toys yeah

Animals, depends. I hate dogs and like cats

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2019, 6:50 am

I like dogs, but I love cats. Cats have always been my favorite animals. I particularly love Siamese, tabbies and Calicos, because those are the breeds I have had.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2019, 7:01 am

No interest in stuffed animals but I definitely like and relate to cats more than people. I like and get along with most animals anyway.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2019, 9:04 am

Time spent with cats is never wasted-French author Colette

If man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve man, but deteriorate the cat-Mark Twain

I can say with sincerity that I like cats...A cat is an animal which has more human feelings than any other-Emily Bronte (Isabella would love this one!)

No home is complete without the pitter-patter of kitties feet.

The fog rolls in on little cat feet-e.e. Cummings

I could go on FURR-ever about the wonders of the cat in literature-IstominFan

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2019, 9:29 am

IstominFan wrote:
Time spent with cats is never wasted-French author Colette

If man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve man, but deteriorate the cat-Mark Twain

I can say with sincerity that I like cats...A cat is an animal which has more human feelings than any other-Emily Bronte (Isabella would love this one!)

No home is complete without the pitter-patter of kitties feet.

The fog rolls in on little cat feet-e.e. Cummings

I could go on FURR-ever about the wonders of the cat in literature-IstominFan

Amen :heart:

KyCoo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jul 2019, 1:58 am

rowan_nichol wrote:
I fancy I once rather upset my primary school teacher with an essay, where we were given the title "My Best Friend" and I wrote about how our family cat was my best friend.

i would have given you full marks for the authenticity

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2019, 8:38 am

That's PURR-fect, Rowan!

I wrote a story about my cat, Samantha, which was well-received on a website dedicated to Siamese cats. Because of the friends I made there, Samantha lives on in my heart.

lovesanimalsnplants
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Jul 2020, 4:26 pm

LtlPinkCoupe wrote:
I do - My Mater, Francesco Bernoulli, Dorys, Meanie Chief, Mater Pillow Pet, and all my Cars plushies give me much - needed comfort, and feel nice, warm, and cuddly. I like real animals, too, but I prefer not to get too attached to them bcuz they can die. I'm taking a hiatus from owning fish for awhile for this reason.

I think it's safe to say that not a lot of people are particularly inviting, soft, warm and sympathetic (at least not from my perspective, but I'm sure some others will agree) - so, it's nice that plsuhies can fill the void.

Anyone else?

Couldn't have said it better. . My Nemos, flock of 'Stocks (Woodstocks), Ozzie the Ostrich, Jake the duck, provide company and comfort. :heart: I'm currently in a place that doesn't allow pets (the furry kind, fish are ok, but saltwater fish are too difficult to maintain), so my stuffies are a source of comfort/company. Have been diagnosed with depression/anxiety, so am taking Zoloft. (prescribed, of course). It's been a long 8 year break from dating, and I just think I'm one of those women not meant to be with anyone. Tended to pick the wrong people, so I figured I'd be better off and happier by myself. I have a couple of good friends, but not really the social type. I do find I need to have some human interaction every now and then, but feel "recharged" when I have a lot of alone time. A former friend kept insisting that I might have Asperger's, and I got really annoyed/pissed off with her for even suggesting it. (She's not a doctor, so she couldn't say so just because she has some friends who have it). But after reading some posts, I wonder if I do. . Have been seeing a therapist for the depression/anxiety, but she didn't suggest that I have it. . .

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 10:34 pm

LtlPinkCoupe wrote:
I do - My Mater, Francesco Bernoulli, Dorys, Meanie Chief, Mater Pillow Pet, and all my Cars plushies give me much - needed comfort, and feel nice, warm, and cuddly. I like real animals, too, but I prefer not to get too attached to them bcuz they can die. I'm taking a hiatus from owning fish for awhile for this reason.

I think it's safe to say that not a lot of people are particularly inviting, soft, warm and sympathetic (at least not from my perspective, but I'm sure some others will agree) - so, it's nice that plsuhies can fill the void.

Anyone else?

[color=#5099b2] idk if i'd say i prefer them but do i tend to use plushies to replace people yes. I've carried around a Piplup plushie which makes me feel comfortable for years and it helps. But you don't really have that. I think that's common among peopel wtih asd

AriaEclipse
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2020, 10:28 am

I've always loved animals (both stuffed and real) and I personally feel like animals are easier for me to understand than real people so I love being around them and wish I could have a job working with them one day. I'm very attached to my dogs and cats as well.

My Tumblr

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2020, 10:34 am

Do I prefer animals to people? Yes. They taste nicer. (Joke). A nice purry cat... Uhmmm. Hehe.
It depends on the person or animal. Cats are nice and easy. They speak with their eyes. I don't have eye contact issues with a cat. Not sure why.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2020, 12:39 pm

I don't think I've ever preferred stuffed animals to people, but when I was a kid I used to treat my stuffed animals like they were real and used to take some of them to school with me (probably for way too long lmao). When I wasn't playing video games I usually was "taking care of" my stuffed animals and talking to them. I don't have the same attachment to any of them anymore though, and the only inanimate object I have an "attachment" to now is the blanket I've had since I was born.

Regarding actual animals I guess I somewhat prefer them to people now. Especially dogs and cats. It's a lot easier to figure out their body language and what they're feeling, and my dog doesn't act like I'm weird (my cats are a bit judgey sometimes though... :lol:). Animals are just overall a lot easier to socialize with, I definitely prefer being around them.

AceofPens
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jul 2020, 9:47 am

I read this as "Anyone prefer stuffed people to real people?" Thought WrongPlanet had turned 60% weirder in my absence.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 1:43 pm

I prefer some animals to some people, and live animals to stuffed or artificial. However, I recently learned that John Cleese and his best wife both had large collections of cute plush that barely fit in their living quarters and always made them smile. Paul Mavrides collection was not stuffed, but enlivened by freely exchanging heads and other parts between animals, robots, dolls, and other items.

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Jul 2020, 1:58 pm

I collect plush sports team mascots and high-fived/got pictures with the costumed versions whenever I visited new stadiums/arenas before all that closed down and also loved such animatronic shows as Chuck E. Cheese, Rock-afire Explosion (Showbiz Pizza Place) and Country Bear Jamboree :P Anyone else?

Last edited by SportsGamer35728 on 07 Jul 2020, 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 2:06 pm

I don't have a preference of animals vs. people, per se, but I love my dog Penny to the moon and back.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!