Anyone prefer stuffed animals/real animals to people?

Page 3 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2019, 6:08 am

Yes. Animals... Oh we are so blessed that God gave us animals!

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2019, 6:53 am

So true, Mountain Goat! Animals are truly a blessing, a comfort and an endless source of entertainment.

caterina99
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Jul 2019, 10:37 am

Stuffed animals were never my thing, just like toys in general. I've never been a fan of dolls and stuff.
I do prefer real animals over people though, and share an amazing bond with my dog, Skipper.
Besides that, I also used to have lots of imaginary friends whom I played with in my head.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2019, 10:45 am

Stuffed ones and toys yeah

Animals, depends. I hate dogs and like cats

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2019, 6:50 am

I like dogs, but I love cats. Cats have always been my favorite animals. I particularly love Siamese, tabbies and Calicos, because those are the breeds I have had.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2019, 7:01 am

No interest in stuffed animals but I definitely like and relate to cats more than people. I like and get along with most animals anyway.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2019, 9:04 am

Time spent with cats is never wasted-French author Colette

If man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve man, but deteriorate the cat-Mark Twain

I can say with sincerity that I like cats...A cat is an animal which has more human feelings than any other-Emily Bronte (Isabella would love this one!)

No home is complete without the pitter-patter of kitties feet.

The fog rolls in on little cat feet-e.e. Cummings

I could go on FURR-ever about the wonders of the cat in literature-IstominFan

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2019, 9:29 am

IstominFan wrote:
Time spent with cats is never wasted-French author Colette

If man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve man, but deteriorate the cat-Mark Twain

I can say with sincerity that I like cats...A cat is an animal which has more human feelings than any other-Emily Bronte (Isabella would love this one!)

No home is complete without the pitter-patter of kitties feet.

The fog rolls in on little cat feet-e.e. Cummings

I could go on FURR-ever about the wonders of the cat in literature-IstominFan

Amen :heart:

KyCoo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jul 2019, 1:58 am

rowan_nichol wrote:
I fancy I once rather upset my primary school teacher with an essay, where we were given the title "My Best Friend" and I wrote about how our family cat was my best friend.

i would have given you full marks for the authenticity

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2019, 8:38 am

That's PURR-fect, Rowan!

I wrote a story about my cat, Samantha, which was well-received on a website dedicated to Siamese cats. Because of the friends I made there, Samantha lives on in my heart.

lovesanimalsnplants
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Jul 2020, 4:26 pm

LtlPinkCoupe wrote:
I do - My Mater, Francesco Bernoulli, Dorys, Meanie Chief, Mater Pillow Pet, and all my Cars plushies give me much - needed comfort, and feel nice, warm, and cuddly. I like real animals, too, but I prefer not to get too attached to them bcuz they can die. I'm taking a hiatus from owning fish for awhile for this reason.

I think it's safe to say that not a lot of people are particularly inviting, soft, warm and sympathetic (at least not from my perspective, but I'm sure some others will agree) - so, it's nice that plsuhies can fill the void.

Anyone else?

Couldn't have said it better. . My Nemos, flock of 'Stocks (Woodstocks), Ozzie the Ostrich, Jake the duck, provide company and comfort. :heart: I'm currently in a place that doesn't allow pets (the furry kind, fish are ok, but saltwater fish are too difficult to maintain), so my stuffies are a source of comfort/company. Have been diagnosed with depression/anxiety, so am taking Zoloft. (prescribed, of course). It's been a long 8 year break from dating, and I just think I'm one of those women not meant to be with anyone. Tended to pick the wrong people, so I figured I'd be better off and happier by myself. I have a couple of good friends, but not really the social type. I do find I need to have some human interaction every now and then, but feel "recharged" when I have a lot of alone time. A former friend kept insisting that I might have Asperger's, and I got really annoyed/pissed off with her for even suggesting it. (She's not a doctor, so she couldn't say so just because she has some friends who have it). But after reading some posts, I wonder if I do. . Have been seeing a therapist for the depression/anxiety, but she didn't suggest that I have it. . .

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 10:34 pm

LtlPinkCoupe wrote:
I do - My Mater, Francesco Bernoulli, Dorys, Meanie Chief, Mater Pillow Pet, and all my Cars plushies give me much - needed comfort, and feel nice, warm, and cuddly. I like real animals, too, but I prefer not to get too attached to them bcuz they can die. I'm taking a hiatus from owning fish for awhile for this reason.

I think it's safe to say that not a lot of people are particularly inviting, soft, warm and sympathetic (at least not from my perspective, but I'm sure some others will agree) - so, it's nice that plsuhies can fill the void.

Anyone else?

[color=#5099b2] idk if i'd say i prefer them but do i tend to use plushies to replace people yes. I've carried around a Piplup plushie which makes me feel comfortable for years and it helps. But you don't really have that. I think that's common among peopel wtih asd

AriaEclipse
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2020, 10:28 am

I've always loved animals (both stuffed and real) and I personally feel like animals are easier for me to understand than real people so I love being around them and wish I could have a job working with them one day. I'm very attached to my dogs and cats as well.

My Tumblr

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2020, 10:34 am

Do I prefer animals to people? Yes. They taste nicer. (Joke). A nice purry cat... Uhmmm. Hehe.
It depends on the person or animal. Cats are nice and easy. They speak with their eyes. I don't have eye contact issues with a cat. Not sure why.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2020, 12:39 pm

I don't think I've ever preferred stuffed animals to people, but when I was a kid I used to treat my stuffed animals like they were real and used to take some of them to school with me (probably for way too long lmao). When I wasn't playing video games I usually was "taking care of" my stuffed animals and talking to them. I don't have the same attachment to any of them anymore though, and the only inanimate object I have an "attachment" to now is the blanket I've had since I was born.

Regarding actual animals I guess I somewhat prefer them to people now. Especially dogs and cats. It's a lot easier to figure out their body language and what they're feeling, and my dog doesn't act like I'm weird (my cats are a bit judgey sometimes though... :lol:). Animals are just overall a lot easier to socialize with, I definitely prefer being around them.

AceofPens
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jul 2020, 9:47 am

I read this as "Anyone prefer stuffed people to real people?" Thought WrongPlanet had turned 60% weirder in my absence.