Anyone prefer stuffed animals/real animals to people?

Page 5 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

imablubird
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jul 2020, 3:32 pm

Absolutely... I don't hate people but my parrots are #1. Have adopted several parrots with my family and have a cockatiel and a budgie right now, two females, and though they're really intelligent and complicated animals I love how social they are. I find it's so much easier to build a connection with them just whistling, making silly noises and cuddling on the couch, so it's comforting to spend time with them after work hours, stressful meetings etc., would love to keep birds in my life always as a volunteer or a bird mom. But also am curious what other animals work for HSPs and people with ASD, especially in the (unlikely) circumstance of returning to dormitory life for those of us in college...

HSP score (Elaine N. Aron): 21/27.
Autism Spectrum Quotient (Baron-Cohen): 40
RAADS-R score: 138.0
Aspie Quiz Score (Rdos): 170/200.

“My parents think I need to see a psychologist. I told them I’m not going to see yet another shrink who isn’t going to help me.”
― Tania Marshall, I am Aspiengirl: The Unique Characteristics, Traits and Gifts of Females on the Autism Spectrum

Chain
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jul 2020, 5:31 pm

imablubird wrote:
Absolutely... I don't hate people but my parrots are #1. Have adopted several parrots with my family and have a cockatiel and a budgie right now, two females, and though they're really intelligent and complicated animals I love how social they are. I find it's so much easier to build a connection with them just whistling, making silly noises and cuddling on the couch, so it's comforting to spend time with them after work hours, stressful meetings etc., would love to keep birds in my life always as a volunteer or a bird mom. But also am curious what other animals work for HSPs and people with ASD, especially in the (unlikely) circumstance of returning to dormitory life for those of us in college...

What kind of blue bird are you? I love blue birds. I was doing some construction at my place in Goldendale and the blue birds were my constant friends. They watched everything I did. We saw mountain bluebirds near Summer Lake... they are so beautiful! And the best were the two vagrant Eastern bluebirds that visited PDX last year :D

imablubird
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jul 2020, 7:22 pm

Chain wrote:
imablubird wrote:

What kind of blue bird are you? I love blue birds. I was doing some construction at my place in Goldendale and the blue birds were my constant friends. They watched everything I did. We saw mountain bluebirds near Summer Lake... they are so beautiful! And the best were the two vagrant Eastern bluebirds that visited PDX last year :D

Haha, my username comes from a Paul McCartney song actually, so maybe a bluebird over the white cliffs of Dover! That's amazing though, they are so beautiful and I ought to go to Summer Lake next time I can get to Oregon, I love it there. I don't see them often in WA but spotted one or two western bluebirds when I went to North Cascades NP. So cute.

“My parents think I need to see a psychologist. I told them I’m not going to see yet another shrink who isn’t going to help me.”
― Tania Marshall, I am Aspiengirl: The Unique Characteristics, Traits and Gifts of Females on the Autism Spectrum

Chain
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jul 2020, 10:47 am

imablubird wrote:

Haha, my username comes from a Paul McCartney song actually, so maybe a bluebird over the white cliffs of Dover! That's amazing though, they are so beautiful and I ought to go to Summer Lake next time I can get to Oregon, I love it there. I don't see them often in WA but spotted one or two western bluebirds when I went to North Cascades NP. So cute.

I was a total Beatles fan when I was your age (still am). I even had the little round glasses and lots of people thought I looked like John Lennon... some girl even wanted to date me because of this, lol.

There are places between K-Falls and Summer like where the mountain bluebirds are. You might want to go during the rushing of the grebes in K-Falls... that is totally amazing! (although there still might be snow in the mountains)

Baby bluebirds have the most amazing patterns... they are so cute.

imablubird
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jul 2020, 8:55 pm

Chain wrote:
imablubird wrote:

I was a total Beatles fan when I was your age (still am). I even had the little round glasses and lots of people thought I looked like John Lennon... some girl even wanted to date me because of this, lol.

There are places between K-Falls and Summer like where the mountain bluebirds are. You might want to go during the rushing of the grebes in K-Falls... that is totally amazing! (although there still might be snow in the mountains)

Baby bluebirds have the most amazing patterns... they are so cute.

What can you say, John rocked those granny glasses! And that does sound wonderful. I'm going to keep this all in mind for next spring, granted it'll be safe enough to travel by then... 8)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2020, 9:04 pm

People are my favourite animals, but I don't know if I can find a plush one.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2020, 9:05 pm

I have a whole bunch of Om Nom plushies. Om Nom is the candy eating Sweet Pea from the Cut the Rope series. :P