Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 11:50 pm

snapcap wrote:
Should I get this game for PS3 or PC?

Dang, I'm afraid this game will break my heart like New Vegas did.

i had the ps3 version don't get it unless the save lag is fixed, on ps3 every time the game saves the save file gets bigger once it gets past 7 mbs or higher you get choppy framerate of the century and eventually the save becomes corrupted and you can no longer use it.

this is has nothing to do with graphics, i lost 3 nights of sleep trying to figure out how to fix my skyrim game. pc version is more stable ps3 is broken as all hell. unless the problems were confirmed to be fixed don't bother.

XxUnforgivenxX
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Jan 2012, 11:59 pm

I would say if your going console get an xbox360 and get skyrim for that ,ive never had any problem with mine aside from a missing textures glitch which is now fixed,although if you have a fair bit of cash get a decent pc,personally i find the cost of building and maintaining a pc to not be worth the small increase in performance,actually watching my brother play skyrim on his pc the only difference i noticed is a little sharper image and slightly shorter load times (which only matters if your impatient imo) Ps3 is ok except for the glitch mentioned^ graphics are fine as with xbox.Basically if youve got lots of cash and can reguarly mainntain it go PC if not go console its cheaper and easier to use imo.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2012, 12:01 am

how do you get the dragons to attack you, half the time if a dragon flies around overhead they don't seem to realize i'm down there. or they go off and burn the nearest town and the whole time i was shooting arrows into it's back.

it's like the dragons couldn't give two s**ts that i'm killing them. gets annoying.

me: hey dragon i'll fight *draws weapons*
dragon: oh it's just a dragonborn, i'd rather burn this town over here.
me: hey get back here i need dragon souls damn it!!

that is pretty much how every dragon fight i come across looks like. or lack of dragon fight.

on the ps3 they hounded me like mad but on the pc they don't give a crap.

oh and the tree giant camp, sleeping tree camp? i'm guessing, it did have a purple tree glowing in the center. because i'm pretty sure that's the same camp where i was killed by the giant and got my first death in skyrim.

XxUnforgivenxX
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Jan 2012, 12:42 am

One-Winged-Angel wrote:
I'm starting to think that the dragons are forming gangs. I will occasionally kill one only to be immediately sneak-attacked by another.

Im actually starting to think that maybe some dragons have mates and some of the encounters with multiple ive come across are a male/female pair,would explain why they will aggressively attack you when you bother just one of them when at other times they seem like they dont care that there's another dragon nearby or that your making it a pincushion with your magic bow like some deranged cupid.

Paulie_C
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jan 2012, 3:15 am

PC! The modding community makes the game even better, that's something you canmot do on consoles. i think im running 30 mods atm, including about 16 that make the game look amazing, one which gives me some of the weapons from Morrowind/Oblivion, one which allows me to craft any weapon in the game and one which overhauls the UI and so on...

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2012, 3:31 am

Paulie_C wrote:
PC! The modding community makes the game even better, that's something you canmot do on consoles. i think im running 30 mods atm, including about 16 that make the game look amazing, one which gives me some of the weapons from Morrowind/Oblivion, one which allows me to craft any weapon in the game and one which overhauls the UI and so on...

and i agree, one of the rare moments that i take a pc over console version for stability and mods.

usually console has stability pc has more content.

if i count all the individual helmet hiding scripts i think i have somewhere around 20+ but the helmet hider is really one mod. just has 20+ files. my lastest makes mudcrabs swear when you hit them. i had to try it. :P

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2012, 4:11 am

Jetfox wrote:
how do you get the dragons to attack you, half the time if a dragon flies around overhead they don't seem to realize i'm down there. or they go off and burn the nearest town and the whole time i was shooting arrows into it's back.

it's like the dragons couldn't give two s**ts that i'm killing them. gets annoying.

Yeah it can be a bit hard to get them to attack, if you are lucky you might be able to use a long distance spell fire bolt and hit it, unfortuantly I have spent a long time just getting their attention, perhaps also summon something. The way I see it is they don't pick a fight, it is way too much effort trying to get their attention, especially if they are Frost Dragons, being a user of "the Aprentice" makes them rather scary.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2012, 4:26 am

Bradleigh wrote:
Jetfox wrote:

Yeah it can be a bit hard to get them to attack, if you are lucky you might be able to use a long distance spell fire bolt and hit it, unfortuantly I have spent a long time just getting their attention, perhaps also summon something. The way I see it is they don't pick a fight, it is way too much effort trying to get their attention, especially if they are Frost Dragons, being a user of "the Aprentice" makes them rather scary.

apprentice stone, so you are a mage i guess, my other character is a spellsword\warrior\rogue combo thing she has long range spells my current is a warrior berserker who duel wields axes, he has a very small amount of spells, he's more of a melee kill them before they kill you design. and i can't hit a dragon with an arrow if it is moving, i have tried many times i can't figure out how to hit a moving target. why i haven't made an archer yet.

if there were throwing knives in the game maybe.