Page 5 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

spudboy
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 21 May 2012
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 113
Location: People's Republic of Yorkshire

26 May 2012, 5:41 pm

Chilled out usually, heading towards over emotional/sentimental when in company and quite drunk. I'm a beer drinker so can generally control the level of inebriation pretty well by varying speed of guzzling and strength of beers. Certain drinks make me bad tempered and unpleasant so I tend to avoid them.

I prefer not to mix alcohol with other intoxicants - benzos and opioids are more enjoyable on their own, and all cannabis does these days is send me to sleep so I don't bother - maybe I grew out of it (I don't like skunk anyway. Horrible stuff).


_________________
Don't tell me I'm still on that feckin island!


LogiXYZ
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 24 May 2012
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 71

26 May 2012, 5:50 pm

AldousH wrote:
Jennnnn wrote:
I've only drank twice, but it makes me very smiley and i laugh really easily. I also say to everyone what comes to my mind and I always feel like crying from happiness or sadness


That's a normal reaction of your brain when its not used to a drug. It applies to most drugs, not just alcohol.
You should try talking less and exercise censoring yourself. You can spot occasional drinkers from a mile away by their lack of inhibition. They're also very annoying, especially to habitual drinkers.

@Jennnnn
I'd add to AldousH's advice that you need to watch the amount of alcohol you take in, over a give timeframe. Wine is usually 3 times stronger than beer, thus you should drink that 3 times slower. Vodka is about 8 times stronger and thus you should drink that 8 times slower than beer. And so forth... That way it get easier to control the intake.

Overall when it comes to alkohol, always remember that it isn't the alkohol content of a given drink that gets you "too" drunk, it's the speed at which you drink it. If you drink vodka slowly enough you wont get overly wasted and vice versa if you drink beers fast enough you can still get totally hammered. Also remember that it takes 20 - 30 mins for alcohol to take effect after ingestion, so if you feel really close to the limit, drink a soda or something non-alcoholic for half an hour before returning to the alcohol.

Want to soften the hangover, here's how: Drink 1/8 gallon of soda (prefereably coca cola) and take two painkillers before hitting the sack. Drink plenty of fluids the next day 8)

I don't agree with AldousH that you should talk less, it's good practice if you're normally not too fond of talking. However you should only censor yourself if you feel like you're embarrassing yourself. You should NEVER censor yourself, just because people don't want to hear it.

Quote:
They're also very annoying, especially to habitual drinkers.

Maybe to some, but not too me, I'm a habitual drinker and I love drinking with the occasional drinker ... because you get to see a new side of that person :)



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 31,714
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

26 May 2012, 5:55 pm

LogiXYZ wrote:
AldousH wrote:
Jennnnn wrote:
I've only drank twice, but it makes me very smiley and i laugh really easily. I also say to everyone what comes to my mind and I always feel like crying from happiness or sadness


That's a normal reaction of your brain when its not used to a drug. It applies to most drugs, not just alcohol.
You should try talking less and exercise censoring yourself. You can spot occasional drinkers from a mile away by their lack of inhibition. They're also very annoying, especially to habitual drinkers.

@Jennnnn
I'd add to AldousH's advice that you need to watch the amount of alcohol you take in, over a give timeframe. Wine is usually 3 times stronger than beer, thus you should drink that 3 times slower. Vodka is about 8 times stronger and thus you should drink that 8 times slower than beer. And so forth... That way it get easier to control the intake.

Overall when it comes to alkohol, always remember that it isn't the alkohol content of a given drink that gets you "too" drunk, it's the speed at which you drink it. If you drink vodka slowly enough you wont get overly wasted and vice versa if you drink beers fast enough you can still get totally hammered. Also remember that it takes 20 - 30 mins for alcohol to take effect after ingestion, so if you feel really close to the limit, drink a soda or something non-alcoholic for half an hour before returning to the alcohol.

Want to soften the hangover, here's how: Drink 1/8 gallon of soda (prefereably coca cola) and take two painkillers before hitting the sack. Drink plenty of fluids the next day 8)

I don't agree with AldousH that you should talk less, it's good practice if you're normally not too fond of talking. However you should only censor yourself if you feel like you're embarrassing yourself. You should NEVER censor yourself, just because people don't want to hear it.

Quote:
They're also very annoying, especially to habitual drinkers.

Maybe to some, but not too me, I'm a habitual drinker and I love drinking with the occasional drinker ... because you get to see a new side of that person :)


I imagine I would be quite tolerant with occasional drinkers..but the trouble is most people i know either drink rather a lot or don't drink, well I guess my cousin is now more of an occasional drinker, my sister not so much...she kinda drinks like I used to. We all had our first drinks under age though. Also be careful what pain-killer you take, don't take tylenol because that can hurt your liver especially with alcohol...and I personally would not drink coca cola, I just sip on water when I'm drinking to stay hydrated.


_________________
Fascism is a disease.


YellowBanana
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Age: 47
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,032
Location: mostly, in my head.

26 May 2012, 6:25 pm

I don't know. I don't drink alcohol.


_________________
Female. Dx ASD in 2011 @ Age 38. Also Dx BPD


AnotherKind
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Dec 2011
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 769
Location: Neverland

26 May 2012, 6:29 pm

Gives me terrible headaches.


_________________
Agnostic atheist. Hardcore determinist. Misanthrope. Objectivist. INTP.
AS: 165, NT: 44


edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Age: 48
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,427
Location: Ontario

26 May 2012, 6:47 pm

After about two drinks, its more or less the same as having the flu. Three drinks and it's like that mild feeling of a flu coming on, with more it just progresses all the way up to being really dizzy and puking.

One or two is sometimes relaxing but the stuff tastes so awful, I have to really need something to relax me before I'll even consider it.



cammyyy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 17 Sep 2009
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 200
Location: Ontario

26 May 2012, 11:41 pm

People in school said I was "normal" and really sociable. Drinking's fun.



KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2011
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Posts: 685
Location: Manchester, UK

29 May 2012, 3:35 pm

Alcohol of any sort always seems to make me drowsy...well, at least I actually get a good night sleep because it's effects happen almost immediately on me. :)



KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2011
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Posts: 685
Location: Manchester, UK

29 May 2012, 3:37 pm

YellowBanana wrote:
I don't know. I don't drink alcohol.


I don't really, but on a special occasion when I do at least get to try some, I always fall asleep not long after.



KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2011
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Posts: 685
Location: Manchester, UK

29 May 2012, 3:37 pm

YellowBanana wrote:
I don't know. I don't drink alcohol.


I don't really, but on a special occasion when I do at least get to try some, I always fall asleep not long after.



KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2011
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Posts: 685
Location: Manchester, UK

29 May 2012, 3:38 pm

YellowBanana wrote:
I don't know. I don't drink alcohol.


Neither do I, but on a special occasion when I do at least get to try some, I always fall asleep not long after.



Konstans
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 11 Mar 2012
Age: 50
Gender: Male
Posts: 76

29 May 2012, 5:16 pm

Alcohole removes the funny from me. I have memorized thousands of punchlines, combinations of these and other funny stuff to say, so in the beginning of a party, I usually rule when it comes to make people laugh. (Bragging a bit, but now comes the sad part:) After a while, I tend to forget my lines, and it puts me in a weird position. The more I drink, the less fun I have. This is excact opposite of all others I party with goes through.They have more and more fun, while I only gets frustrated.
So, I drink very little at parties and stays sharp and funny all the night!
:-)



heatherbk
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2011
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 462
Location: New York

29 May 2012, 7:56 pm

Alcohol makes me horny. (jk, well not really)
Anyways, yes alcohol makes me feel more sociable and I become a temporary social butterfly.
I find it easier to get along with people.
But if I drink too much, I become silent.
So I only drink moderately :)



LogiXYZ
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 24 May 2012
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 71

30 May 2012, 7:19 am

Konstans wrote:
Alcohole removes the funny from me. I have memorized thousands of punchlines, combinations of these and other funny stuff to say, so in the beginning of a party, I usually rule when it comes to make people laugh. (Bragging a bit, but now comes the sad part:) After a while, I tend to forget my lines, and it puts me in a weird position. The more I drink, the less fun I have. This is excact opposite of all others I party with goes through.They have more and more fun, while I only gets frustrated.
So, I drink very little at parties and stays sharp and funny all the night!
:-)

For good reasons alcohol is in fact a neurotoxin that affects the brain, making us do things we might not normally want to do. Which is why everybody else has more fun later in the stage. Primarily because alcohol lowers the normal restrictions that are active in the brain.

But it also slows down the speed of the brain and tires you out, this is in fact why the more you drink the less funny you become. Because alcohol inhibits temporary inhibits your brain functions, add the tiredness to that and you brain simply has trouble keeping up with your stored memory. I too have serious trouble remembering things when I'm drunk.


_________________
Nothing escapes the event horizon!