Page 5 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Konstans
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 May 2012, 5:16 pm

Alcohole removes the funny from me. I have memorized thousands of punchlines, combinations of these and other funny stuff to say, so in the beginning of a party, I usually rule when it comes to make people laugh. (Bragging a bit, but now comes the sad part:) After a while, I tend to forget my lines, and it puts me in a weird position. The more I drink, the less fun I have. This is excact opposite of all others I party with goes through.They have more and more fun, while I only gets frustrated.
So, I drink very little at parties and stays sharp and funny all the night!
:-)

heatherbk
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 May 2012, 7:56 pm

Alcohol makes me horny. (jk, well not really)
Anyways, yes alcohol makes me feel more sociable and I become a temporary social butterfly.
I find it easier to get along with people.
But if I drink too much, I become silent.
So I only drink moderately :)

LogiXYZ
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 May 2012, 7:19 am

Konstans wrote:
Alcohole removes the funny from me. I have memorized thousands of punchlines, combinations of these and other funny stuff to say, so in the beginning of a party, I usually rule when it comes to make people laugh. (Bragging a bit, but now comes the sad part:) After a while, I tend to forget my lines, and it puts me in a weird position. The more I drink, the less fun I have. This is excact opposite of all others I party with goes through.They have more and more fun, while I only gets frustrated.
So, I drink very little at parties and stays sharp and funny all the night!
:-)

For good reasons alcohol is in fact a neurotoxin that affects the brain, making us do things we might not normally want to do. Which is why everybody else has more fun later in the stage. Primarily because alcohol lowers the normal restrictions that are active in the brain.

But it also slows down the speed of the brain and tires you out, this is in fact why the more you drink the less funny you become. Because alcohol inhibits temporary inhibits your brain functions, add the tiredness to that and you brain simply has trouble keeping up with your stored memory. I too have serious trouble remembering things when I'm drunk.