Page 3 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Pieohpah
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jan 2012, 3:12 pm

unduki wrote:
Pieohpah wrote:
I get enormous help from alcohol. It eases my social and physical tension. I feel that stress makes my AS more prominent and alcohol less. I feel much better in crowds when a little or more drunk.

/Peter

AS 127
NT 81

What do others say about your behavior? Are you ever not drunk? How do you know how you come off when you're drunk? I've gone to parties where people get drunk (and I don't) and they do stupid things and then think they were the hit of the party. It's all an illusion for them.

I'm certainly not drunk all the time. People think I'm fun and nice when I'm drunk. I don't get angry or violent ever.

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 8:38 am

I get very happy, chatty (ie. more crap falls out of my mouth than usual), horny, and want to immerse myself in music and sing everything :) Without alcohol I feel extremely awkward and uncomfortable in a group larger than say four people, so I use it any time I leave the house.

Dan2234
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jan 2012, 4:30 pm

makes me very quite and very sad

ELpH
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 May 2012, 1:20 am

I *LOVE* Alcohol. It is God's gift to mankind.

Banquo
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 May 2012, 2:16 am

I don't drink much - I like a cold beer - but is the cold I really like not the beer so it might as well be a cold coke.

vanhalenkurtz
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2012, 2:49 am

Next drink & I'll probably be homeless. So much fun when I was in my 20's, then, what happened? It's not easy to see it while it's happening.

EQ: 6.

AussieMatty
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 May 2012, 2:57 am

Alcohol is bad for you. No wonder why they use it for stupid reasons.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2012, 3:30 am

It makes me calm relaxed and not care about the minor issues that bother me to the point of meltdowns the booze neutralizes it. I am also very friendly drunk and flirtatious and outspoken too also less nervous in crowded rooms with alcohol.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

KonTrax
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 May 2012, 6:51 am

1-2 beers : Gives me a few hours with more focus. Used to have 1 (only 1) in the middle of the day back in school to make it easier to focus in class.
Moderate amount : Reduced social stress. Cheerful, even more talkative and easier to walk in a straight line (focus)
Night out amount : Just more of the same except loosing the straight line walking
Too much : Nothing violent. Just very creative.

zombiegirl2010
Toucan
Toucan

25 May 2012, 7:31 am

Relaxes me a lot...less inhibition and anxiety...then, I get super sleepy.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2012, 11:07 am

It makes me care-free and more emotional. I gain a lot of confidence. It depends how drunk I get really and who I am with also what medication I'm taking at the time is a big factor.

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2012, 11:42 am

I find alcohol lets me feel more comfortable and confidant around groups of people. I'm more open and I'm not constantly worried about what people think of me. I can talk about emotional stuff that I'd find nearly impossible to talk about face to face when sober. I talk a LOT more when drunk and I find it somewhat easier to socialize with people I don't know well.

I can socialize more when drunk, but I still have a limit to how much I can stand. I'm usually the first one to retreat to my room or just go to the couch to pass out. I've had enough being around people and I just want to be alone or unconscious.

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

LogiXYZ

25 May 2012, 1:08 pm

KonTrax wrote:
Too much : Nothing violent. Just very creative.

I can so relate to the creative thing.

Alcohol usually makes me cheerful and relaxed, however from time to time it totally backfires and I become pissed at everything, in a very introverted way.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2012, 2:30 pm

It turns me into a monster. Haven't had a drink in 20 years.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2012, 3:26 pm

In short, it makes me an as*hole NT, talking too much, hitting the table too much with a mug. Drinking a small amount of alcohol (one or two beers) has more positive effect on me than negative, though. At least I think so. :)

ponder
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 May 2012, 5:09 pm

HS teacher met me drunk (slightly) on a school trip, told everyone that on me it seemed to be an improvement (she wasn't used to me actually talking).

In small doses, it does free a bit. In higher doses I talk way too much and get whiny. The risk for the talking too much is too high (guess how I found out) so I never drink a lot. Quite a lot of people think I never drink alcohol (never plain beer (as in pilsener), try to stay away from anything from a certain extremely big 'belgian' brewery, never a lot and rarely in public).

Also seen way too many drunks, don't like loud people (aka more drunks) and hate drunken humour. Don't want to become that (but chances are high).