Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 8:12 pm

Matt62 wrote:
Sometimes talking to someone face to face is better. You can tell when they are lying..

Matt

Uh...no?

to his Interest."

mv
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 8:14 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
When I was on a dating site, it was because I don't meet people. Ever.
I go to school, come home, and to the grocery and gas station.
I don't know where I'm supposed to "run into" an atheist feminist vegan in KENTUCKY, when I don't run into ANYONE.

Yeah, even here in Boston you don't find too many of those (of the male persuasion)!

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 8:26 pm

Matt62 wrote:
Dianthus,

That's partially true, probably. We males are kind of hard-wired to visual stimuli. Its neither right, nor wrong. Just Nature..
On that point, I do agree that getting to know someone online may be better. But don't forget how easy predators find the Net to be as well. Sometimes talking to someone face to face is better. You can tell when they are lying..
But we Aspes' do have it hard, face to face is sometimes terrifying!

Matt

I think you misread my post. I was not talking about predators, or people lying to get what they want.

noname_ever
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 9:11 pm

NaomiDB wrote:
Embroglio wrote:
My one foray into online dating was without success I tried PoF. And as I've stated before I largely only got unattractive trailer trash. Not my cup of tea at all, not into 300 pound women, with kids, and no future.

oh wow, kids=no future.
meeean :(

That's 3 items, not 2. There are a fair amount of women that are 300 pounds (ok, probably closer to 250), have 2+ kids, and have no decent job prospects. One of those 3 might be over-lookable, but not all 3 at the same time. A good chunk of my matches are from this set. I just mark them with a 1 and move on. In my area, there are less than 30 single women aged 31-43 w/o children within 50 miles of me.

Embroglio
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Jan 2012, 12:20 am

noname_ever wrote:
NaomiDB wrote:
Embroglio wrote:
My one foray into online dating was without success I tried PoF. And as I've stated before I largely only got unattractive trailer trash. Not my cup of tea at all, not into 300 pound women, with kids, and no future.

oh wow, kids=no future.
meeean :(

That's 3 items, not 2. There are a fair amount of women that are 300 pounds (ok, probably closer to 250), have 2+ kids, and have no decent job prospects. One of those 3 might be over-lookable, but not all 3 at the same time. A good chunk of my matches are from this set. I just mark them with a 1 and move on. In my area, there are less than 30 single women aged 31-43 w/o children within 50 miles of me.

Thing was these girls were my age 18-20 at the time. And you could tell by just looking at them they were white trash. Being from Cincinnati I know the white trash look well enough.

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 1:47 pm

I guess I did. Besides I started defending Online dating.
Though it hasn't been a spectacular success for me.
Apologies..

Matt

PS. And I forget myself that I have a huge hardship interpeting body language.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 3:10 pm

Dox47 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Ya jagal enta.

And I'm humble, too. :lol:

Someone translated this for you?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2012, 6:59 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Someone translated this for you?

Yup, my good friend Google; even gave me the idiomatic usage, which is how I presume you were using the phrase. Add somewhat computer literate to my list of positive qualities. 8)

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2012, 2:51 pm

I tried online dating because I don't meet people in real life, but it had about the same success rate...