Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Jan 2012, 6:54 pm

I can tell if the woman is looking for a guy or not on dating sites. I make the mistake of falling for obvious lesbians offline that are friends with me because they think I'm in the closet & I'm so retorted that i don't realize they are lesbians when most everyone else knows

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Lady-ivy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jan 2012, 7:09 pm

When tried online dating I found to much attention then I wanted. When I posted picture of myself I got about 5 to 10 responses a day from men I whould not be interested dating and it goting to be over weilming becouse my mail box was too full a lot. I know some people on wp whould have been happy with this response activity and I wish you chould have the amount I did.

And I stop online dating becouse you do not know really know person on the other side. And I know there are good people on those sites but I do want to take the risk

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 1:30 am

I started dating online because I write better than I talk, and I photograph well. I used all sort of sites, but towards the end of my single career I had the best luck with craigslist of all places. I just got really good at writing adds and filtering out spam (codephrases), and my theory is that since CL was really easy to browse casually I had a much larger potential dating pool than I did on the dating specific sites. Yes, I did find my wife on CL... :lol:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 4:54 am

The only reason that a male would turn to online dating (which is so not male-convenient) :
Failure in offline dating.

Rodland
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jan 2012, 7:19 am

At the current phase of my life I do not even meet any new people anywhere, so online-dating is in this sense only way to have any chances

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 7:54 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The only reason that a male would turn to online dating (which is so not male-convenient) :
Failure in offline dating.

Speak for yourself, online dating can work just fine for men if you know how to do it, no offline failure required.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 1:42 pm

Ya jagal enta.

NaomiDB
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Jan 2012, 3:18 pm

Embroglio wrote:
My one foray into online dating was without success I tried PoF. And as I've stated before I largely only got unattractive trailer trash. Not my cup of tea at all, not into 300 pound women, with kids, and no future.

oh wow, kids=no future.
meeean :(

NaomiDB
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Jan 2012, 3:21 pm

I'm really into older, really intelligent guys with the same kind of opinions as me. But I had no idea how to meet someone like that, I live in a pretty rural area and most of the people here are kinda dim, or creepy, racist, homophobic, horribly sexist.
a lot of people are attracted to me, Just not what I'm looking for, I guess I'm picky and wanted to give it a try, but couldn't find a free site, and decided it wasn't worth it.

Trigas
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 3:28 pm

NaomiDB wrote:
I'm really into older, really intelligent guys with the same kind of opinions as me. But I had no idea how to meet someone like that, I live in a pretty rural area and most of the people here are kinda dim, or creepy, racist, homophobic, horribly sexist..

Unfortunately it wouldn't get any better if you were ever to come to Colorado or a lot of the other places I've been. :lol:

NaomiDB
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Jan 2012, 3:35 pm

Trigas wrote:
NaomiDB wrote:
I'm really into older, really intelligent guys with the same kind of opinions as me. But I had no idea how to meet someone like that, I live in a pretty rural area and most of the people here are kinda dim, or creepy, racist, homophobic, horribly sexist..

Unfortunately it wouldn't get any better if you were ever to come to Colorado or a lot of the other places I've been. :lol:

Hey there might be a diamond in the rough out there for me somewhere :P
I'm in the UK.

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 3:43 pm

Well, I don't think because I tried ON-line dating I'm some sort of creep or alien. Those opinions I got in the REAL world from people who DIDN'T even know me.. Though I once dated one of the prettiest girls in my area, when I was in college, so not always a total loss
But Online is no cakewalk either.. I tried eHarmony & Chemistry. Neither site did exactly what they said they would do, but eHarmony was the worst offender. Not only did they send me matches that were the polar opposite of what I had requested, none of them lived near me. My biggest complaint was the number of scams people were trying to run on me. People who were SUDDENLY in Africa when I got through to them. I knew that scam, fortunately..
I did get an On-line ONLY relationship that lasted about a year. That was helpful as far as it went, but I can do that with people I know on Facebook now..
I'm trying to decide to go ahead & try it again. Maybe on POF, I'm half signed on but haven't finished the profile.
Aside from being shy, I have difficult schedules at times. Its hard to meet people socially if you don't get weekends off sometimes.

Sincerely,
Matthew

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 6:28 pm

Not that I've done online dating per se, or any real "dating" at all, but I am more comfortable meeting guys and getting involved with them online than offline. The simplest reason being because when I meet men in person, I feel like they are just into my looks and wanting to have sex with me. I would rather get to know someone over time without that being an immediate factor.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 7:02 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Ya jagal enta.

And I'm humble, too. :lol:

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 8:08 pm

Dianthus,

That's partially true, probably. We males are kind of hard-wired to visual stimuli. Its neither right, nor wrong. Just Nature..
On that point, I do agree that getting to know someone online may be better. But don't forget how easy predators find the Net to be as well. Sometimes talking to someone face to face is better. You can tell when they are lying..
But we Aspes' do have it hard, face to face is sometimes terrifying!

Matt

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 8:11 pm

When I was on a dating site, it was because I don't meet people. Ever.
I go to school, come home, and to the grocery and gas station.
I don't know where I'm supposed to "run into" an atheist feminist vegan in KENTUCKY, when I don't run into ANYONE.

to his Interest."