Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2012, 1:42 am

I have the worst tension headache tonight. It's in the back of my head, base of my skull and neck area. It feels like pressure back there up toward my forehead. I know it's from all the jaw clenching I've been doing from the stress and from how I was laying in bed reading earlier. Also because how I've held my neck while online today.

I coudn't get to sleep it hurt so bad. I had taken aspirin at 9, but it's almost 1 now so I just took two more and got up for a few minutes. I'm going to sit here for a few and give them a chance to work then try for sleep again. I'm sitting in a different position now though and trying to keep my jaw relaxed too. I would almost rather have a migraine than a tension headache!

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2012, 2:10 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
I have the worst tension headache tonight. It's in the back of my head, base of my skull and neck area. It feels like pressure back there up toward my forehead. I know it's from all the jaw clenching I've been doing from the stress and from how I was laying in bed reading earlier. Also because how I've held my neck while online today.

I coudn't get to sleep it hurt so bad. I had taken aspirin at 9, but it's almost 1 now so I just took two more and got up for a few minutes. I'm going to sit here for a few and give them a chance to work then try for sleep again. I'm sitting in a different position now though and trying to keep my jaw relaxed too. I would almost rather have a migraine than a tension headache!

aww.. I hope it's cleared now. maybe have something to eat, so that your second batch of aspirin kicks in

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2012, 2:18 am

Thanks! It's actually getting a little better now.

I did eat some brownies a minute ago. Cheesecake brownies that my daughter made.

Also, I sat differently. Usually I sit perpendicular to the monitor with my feet up and the keyboard in my lap. I've always done that on a computer. My monitor is a bit low also and the chair is a bit high. I turned around and sat facing the computer with a large book under my feet (even though I'm tall, it's a HIGH chair) and I also raised the monitor by putting a book under it.

I also put Ben-Gay on my neck. I think I'm about to be going back to bed and trying sleep again. I'm really sleepy, it was just hurting too bad to lay down or get comfortable.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com