Why Nolan's Batman is better than the old Batman series

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 11:35 pm

What does that even mean "darker and grittier"?

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 11:55 am

The_Perfect_Storm wrote:

Meaning free from the camp and neon-drenched gayness that Joel Schumacher forced down our throats, maybe?

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 6:03 pm

The_Perfect_Storm wrote:

It means they are more serious, less colorful/campy/gay and have more mature themes. That does not make them realistic, though. Hell, that does not even make them less silly.

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 10:31 pm

LexingtonDeville wrote:
The_Perfect_Storm wrote:

Meaning free from the camp and neon-drenched gayness that Joel Schumacher forced down our throats, maybe?

I don't know who that is :/

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2012, 1:42 am

The_Perfect_Storm wrote:
Magnus_Rex wrote:
If you really think about it, there is nothing serious about a grown man dressed as a bat and beating up some thugs. Nolan's villains, despite looking more dangerous, are still as absurd as any other comic book villain. Two Face would not be able to walk around in that state (his facial bones would be destroyed and, in the unlikely event of him surviving, he would stay unconscious), the Joker is ridiculously unrealistic, the League of Shadows and Scarecrow's plan is very outlandish.

This is the problem with 99% of comic books. Ridiculous ideas, ridiculous heroes.

I always felt that way about DC. Marvel always seemed less ridiculous. Not more believable, but less ridiculous.

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2012, 2:14 am

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
The_Perfect_Storm wrote:
Magnus_Rex wrote:
If you really think about it, there is nothing serious about a grown man dressed as a bat and beating up some thugs. Nolan's villains, despite looking more dangerous, are still as absurd as any other comic book villain. Two Face would not be able to walk around in that state (his facial bones would be destroyed and, in the unlikely event of him surviving, he would stay unconscious), the Joker is ridiculously unrealistic, the League of Shadows and Scarecrow's plan is very outlandish.

This is the problem with 99% of comic books. Ridiculous ideas, ridiculous heroes.

I always felt that way about DC. Marvel always seemed less ridiculous. Not more believable, but less ridiculous.

I only ever used to read The Phantom

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2012, 9:27 am

The_Perfect_Storm wrote:
LexingtonDeville wrote:
The_Perfect_Storm wrote:

I don't know who that is :/

Joel Schumacher - the director that turned Batman into a homo-erotic campfest before Christopher Nolan came along and made it better, FACT.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty