Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

AkuraiUme
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jan 2012, 10:28 pm

I have a few friends on Facebook, and all of them get tons and tons of notifications all the time. Me? One notification sometimes. I FEEL SO LEFT OUT. Oh well. :o

MacGyverAspie
Toucan
Toucan

07 Jan 2012, 10:38 pm

Count me in, I barely get any myself.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 12:07 am

I have less than 50 friends on FB and I rarely ever get notifications.

Belushi87
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Jan 2012, 12:53 am

i feel the same, i see people make plans on facebook and im left out, when i try and make plans, it doesnt happen.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 2:31 am

i'm like betty white and i can't even figure out what facebook is for.

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 6:15 am

auntblabby wrote:
i'm like betty white and i can't even figure out what facebook is for.

I'll tell ya what facebook is for, it's a huge data mining operation so the marketing companies can know what everyone is buzzing about. Or whatever organization is willing to pay lots of money to listen in on what most people are talking about.
Millions upon millions of people are just giving away intimate details of their life for free to whoever it is that pays the bills for facebook.

Diagnosed in 2005

skinnylove
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Jan 2012, 8:51 am

*Raises hand
Been there. Although I don't really get the appeal of having 1000+ facebook friends (I know many people who do...) and living your life online. I find it useful for keeping in touch with people who live far away and planning events, and I have a few friends who share good articles and whatnot on their pages, but mostly I feel like there are more important things to do.
Still, my friend-request inbox feels lonely sometimes :P

identity
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 9:26 am

One of several reasons I'm not on Facebook :wink:

Sunshine7
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Jan 2012, 4:16 pm

Quote:
I'll tell ya what facebook is for, it's a huge data mining operation so the marketing companies can know what everyone is buzzing about. Or whatever organization is willing to pay lots of money to listen in on what most people are talking about.
Millions upon millions of people are just giving away intimate details of their life for free to whoever it is that pays the bills for facebook.

Sooner or later on a Facebook thread, somebody will throw up this type of response. What he is not trying to do is educate you, what he is trying to do is imply "look at me! I've outsmarted all those aforementioned marketing companies, and I'm better than all those sheeple on facebook who allow themselves to be exploited so!"

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 7:07 pm

Sunshine7 wrote:
Quote:

Sooner or later on a Facebook thread, somebody will throw up this type of response. What he is not trying to do is educate you, what he is trying to do is imply "look at me! I've outsmarted all those aforementioned marketing companies, and I'm better than all those sheeple on facebook who allow themselves to be exploited so!"

Oh my GOD you cracked my code!! !!
YOU are the one smarter than me!! !

Still doesn't change the fact that everyone on facebook are a bunch of stupid mindless sheeple.

Diagnosed in 2005

DNMA
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Jan 2012, 11:34 pm

I only have 14 friends (mostly family) as I am selective about who I add and talk to. It's not surprising for me.

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 12:12 am

AkuraiUme wrote:
I have a few friends on Facebook, and all of them get tons and tons of notifications all the time. Me? One notification sometimes. I FEEL SO LEFT OUT. Oh well. :o

well. they probably have a lot more friends.

if someone has 1000 friends, and you only have 100, they'll probably get 10 times as many "likes" on their statuses.

moreover, they may be more active on facebook. you get notifications for commenting on peoples statuses.

but facebook friend count is not indicative of much. whether you have 100 or 1000 friends, people never talk to more than 50 of them.

okay, so you went to high school, and 300 acquaintances added you then, but after you graduate, it means nothing. the most popular person in high school, won't keep in touch with 90%+ of their high school facebook friends.

Nereid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jan 2012, 1:44 am

Yep I dont get much either. Probably true for a lot of people, esp ones who frequent this site. I barely get messages but to be fair most of my facebook "friends" I have nothing to say to. Although they often dont reply back when I do or I inadvertently offend people. Blargh.

Belushi87
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Jan 2012, 1:53 am

its like i'm the one that has to start the conversation for someone to actually talk to me. or i go days without talking to anyone.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 12:41 am

^^^
i hear ya, definitely. :hmph: