PS3- Playing online or offline? + best ps1 classics

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 2:35 am

Jetfox wrote:
The_Perfect_Storm wrote:
Has anyone tried Crash Team Racing? Wondering whether I should buy it..

my bro has it and he enjoyed it, so give it a shot. i played it a few times as the tiger character.

Does he have the PS3/Classics version? I need to know if the multiplayer will work accross PSP's..

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 1:13 pm

The_Perfect_Storm wrote:
Jetfox wrote:
The_Perfect_Storm wrote:

my bro has it and he enjoyed it, so give it a shot. i played it a few times as the tiger character.

Does he have the PS3/Classics version? I need to know if the multiplayer will work accross PSP's..

sorry we got it back way before the psp was even made or the ps2 for that matter, it's the ps1 version, but i've never played online with the psp, ps3, or ps2, waste of time to me.

i could try it though i have two psps, i could put the game on both and see if they sync.

DanRaccoon
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 1:49 pm

I don't play online. I'm not paying monthly just to have a bunch of american kids call each other and me fags while I'm trying to shoot at stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DanRaccoon

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 5:38 pm

DanRaccoon wrote:
I don't play online. I'm not paying monthly just to have a bunch of american kids call each other and me fags while I'm trying to shoot at stuff.

well said. :)

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 7:32 pm

I tend to stick to single player gaming, except when one of the message boards I frequent hosts an Uncharted 2 or 3 Game Night. I definitely second trying Valkyria Chronicles if you're looking for a good singleplayer title. I'd also recommend Folklore. I actually really enjoyed Flower, and I think the Uncharted series is great for both online and offline play. Heavy Rain is different from anything else I've played, but I think that's why I enjoyed it.

If you're looking to download some ps1 classics, I highly recommend trying the first Parasite Eve, and maybe even the second. Who knew that a survival horror rpg could work so well? If you haven't played the classic Resident Evils, they're available on psn too. If you like the classic RE formula, and wish Capcom made more games like that, I also highly recommend the Dino Crisis games. Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey and Abe's Exodus are great choices too. I'm pretty sure I don't need to mention the more traditional Square Enix rpgs. Unfortunately, Tekken 3 still hasn't been released on psn for some stupid reason, and we're stuck with only the first two games, which I'm not sure I'd recommend(they haven't aged well). There are other ps1 fighting games for sale though, so you might want to give one of them a try. Of course there are the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro games from the ps1 era, when both series were actually good. The Syphon Filter series is pretty good, if you like classic stealth games, and of course, there's the first Metal Gear Solid. There are a ton of ps1 classics to choose from, and I've played quite a few that I never played back in the day, but ended up really enjoying. I'd say that's a benefit of digital downloads. :)

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 9:22 pm

Jetfox wrote:
The_Perfect_Storm wrote:
Jetfox wrote:
The_Perfect_Storm wrote:

sorry we got it back way before the psp was even made or the ps2 for that matter, it's the ps1 version, but i've never played online with the psp, ps3, or ps2, waste of time to me.

i could try it though i have two psps, i could put the game on both and see if they sync.

The only reason I'm thinking of buying it is to play with my brother during an aeroplane trip. So if we can't play together it's not really worth it. If anyone has any experience with any multiplayer ps1 classics on a psp let me know!