I feel unappreciated no matter what I do?

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Alienboy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2012, 4:03 pm

I have always been really quiet and not very talkative, but over my years, I have managed to make a few really good friends and other friends that aren't as close but are really cool. What I don't understand is why nobody shares an appreciation for me? I am only 28 years old and I have traveled all over the world and I put up thousands of photos of places and things most people would only dream of seeing in their lives...and only like 2 of my "friends" even posted something about them....that is kind of bs. It is frustrating when I have all these amazing photos and interesting posts I put up daily and then I see some stupid woman on facebook (like a friend of a friend) post the most brainless, pointless thing you can imagine almost like a twitter post...and like 15 people reply and thumbs up and all that nonsense. This world is unbelievable and it just drives me nuts. It is like if people know you are different and strange, they will ignore you NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO! Doesn't matter if you do the coolest things in the world, they will ignore you still because people are douchebags and that is life right? I am working on my first novel now and I bet even if I write a bestseller and posted that on facebook, only a few people would even reply. Screw this world seriously. Anyone else on here experience crap like this all the time?

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

09 Jan 2012, 4:10 pm

[Moved from General Autism Discussion to Art, Writing, and Music]

Alienboy, why not post some of your pictures here?

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 4:16 pm

Yes I know what you are talking about. I've even been told point blank that my interests and the things I had to share about myself were not interesting. If it's too unique or different, people can't relate, so it's like they just tune it out. Yet someone else can say something really inane and silly, and others fawn all over them for it. I don't feel like there is even one person who really wants to know me at all.

Alienboy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2012, 4:44 pm

But here is the thing...not all my interested are really unique. Some of them are, but some of them are not. I like traveling and a lot of people like traveling right? Not everyone wants to hear about some stupid b**** post about mundane and shallow stuff...OR DO THEY? Because those are the types of idiotic posts that people respond to. I think it comes down to who you are not what you post 100%.
Here is an example:

My post: I just published my first novel. - One reply (if that)

some stupid slut's post: I like totally like to PAAAARRRTTYY! - 20 replies

And to this I say WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUU!

safffron
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jan 2012, 5:11 pm

You can witness similar behavior on photo forums like Flickr. Some photo of a chihuahua or an over-processed mess with poor composition gets tons of responses.

Take a photo of your knees in poor lighting, upload it, and you'll be an instant star.

I'd love to see your photos. Seriously.

Alienboy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2012, 5:50 pm

The only problem with posting my photos on here is that there are so many people who use this site and not everyone on here is a good person. With this many people with access to my photos...there are bound to be a few douchebags who will copy my photos and then edit them in some unflattering way and maybe even repost them on here. I have seen this done countless times on other forums. If you visit a lot of forums and look for this stuff...trust me you will find it.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 5:57 pm

I feel the same way-I am ignored all the time by people until they need something and then people start wanting to talk to me. Whan I am done I am ignored again.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 6:55 pm

Alienboy wrote:
I think it comes down to who you are not what you post 100%.

100% correct.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 8:12 pm

Alienboy wrote:
The only problem with posting my photos on here is that there are so many people who use this site and not everyone on here is a good person. With this many people with access to my photos...there are bound to be a few douchebags who will copy my photos and then edit them in some unflattering way and maybe even repost them on here. I have seen this done countless times on other forums. If you visit a lot of forums and look for this stuff...trust me you will find it.

Slap a big watermark on them. I'd love to see!

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

10 Jan 2012, 8:03 am

^^ Yes, that and make them 640x480 jpeg at 70% quality: fine for viewing on a forum, useless for anything else.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 11:22 am

Alienboy wrote:
I have always been really quiet and not very talkative, but over my years, I have managed to make a few really good friends and other friends that aren't as close but are really cool. What I don't understand is why nobody shares an appreciation for me? I am only 28 years old and I have traveled all over the world and I put up thousands of photos of places and things most people would only dream of seeing in their lives...and only like 2 of my "friends" even posted something about them....that is kind of bs. It is frustrating when I have all these amazing photos and interesting posts I put up daily and then I see some stupid woman on facebook (like a friend of a friend) post the most brainless, pointless thing you can imagine almost like a twitter post...and like 15 people reply and thumbs up and all that nonsense. This world is unbelievable and it just drives me nuts. It is like if people know you are different and strange, they will ignore you NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO! Doesn't matter if you do the coolest things in the world, they will ignore you still because people are douchebags and that is life right? I am working on my first novel now and I bet even if I write a bestseller and posted that on facebook, only a few people would even reply. Screw this world seriously. Anyone else on here experience crap like this all the time?

Sounds like my life...

Most people follow the trends and think about their image more than about the actual content I think. Like the way how you describe things matter more to them then what you are describing.

mglosenger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Jan 2012, 1:48 pm

Unfortunately I feel the same way. I see no way of resolving this, so I have basically given up on this reality in general. A positive element is that I no longer care much what other people think, so I'm more willing to do whatever, or nothing at all. One way or another, I'll die, and be done with this place and onto bigger and better things.

I hope this is somehow helpful

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 1:55 pm

mglosenger wrote:
Unfortunately I feel the same way. I see no way of resolving this, so I have basically given up on this reality in general. A positive element is that I no longer care much what other people think, so I'm more willing to do whatever, or nothing at all. One way or another, I'll die, and be done with this place and onto bigger and better things.

I hope this is somehow helpful

Sometimes I feel like I should troll people on purpose (NTs that is), no matter how hard you try to be nice, they will always make sure that you are feeling bad about yourself in some way.

mglosenger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Jan 2012, 4:09 pm

Uprising wrote:
Sometimes I feel like I should troll people on purpose (NTs that is), no matter how hard you try to be nice, they will always make sure that you are feeling bad about yourself in some way.

I used to enjoy that occasionally, but it never actually accomplishes anything. If anything, it encourages whoever you are trolling to continue to do whatever it is you don't like.

I'm not sure how your reply is related to my post, though..

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 4:21 pm

mglosenger wrote:
Uprising wrote:

I used to enjoy that occasionally, but it never actually accomplishes anything. If anything, it encourages whoever you are trolling to continue to do whatever it is you don't like.

I'm not sure how your reply is related to my post, though..

It actually isn't related a lot. Good point. But I still wanted to let it out and you gave a good reply to it.