Which do you prefer?
Cats 60%  60%  [ 33 ]
Dogs 40%  40%  [ 22 ]
Total votes : 55

layla87
Toucan
Toucan

11 Jan 2012, 12:55 pm

I said Dogs although I like both. It really depends on the animal. I find dogs are more sociable and interact with you more than a cat would.
Then again a cat is a lot less work. Make sure he's fed, and has a place to crap and you're good to go. Dogs have to be walked, fed cleaned up after and they can get into fights and stuff with other dogs. Depending on the size they can be dangerous to humans. I've never heard of a cat mauling somebody to death.
I have two labs right now though and man the make my life great. There are many days I like dogs more than people

Screenager
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Jan 2012, 1:45 pm

Cats used to be my favourite, but then I got cat allergies and have been a dog person ever since.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 2:05 pm

Although a lot of people in general like cats, I think it's specifically common for Aspies to like cats because they are quiet. I prefer cats myself. I'm glad my family does too, otherwise if they decided to get a dog I would be living in fear of it barking, and if you can't relax in your own home, where can you relax?

tuffy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jan 2012, 2:44 pm

I prefer stuffed toy dogs.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

11 Jan 2012, 3:23 pm

[Moved from General Autism Discussion to Random Discussion]

AnnettaMarie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 6:12 pm

I prefer cats. I have four cats and three dogs. One of the dogs is very nice and calm, the other came from an abusive home and always looks like someone is going to hit her, and the third is the house bully. He's a larger dog and is nine, so I'm patiently waiting for him to cross the Rainbow Bridge. With the way he snaps at everything, he will only be missed slightly. But my mom loves him very much, so that means something. That's what I'll miss.

As for my cats, I get along great with them! I have one cat that follows me everywhere. She sits in my lap, or on my bed most of the day, snuggles right under the covers next to me at night and I can hug her and wrap my arms around her; she won't move! She loves to be held on her back like a baby and will reach her paws up to my face to gently grab at me. She also loves to sniff my face and my mouth, which can sometimes be annoying. We have slow blinking conversations, meow conversations, and I pretty much can read her body language no matter what. She's a great cat, and has been much more loyal and loving to me than any dog I have ever had. I really believe that people who are dog lovers have never experienced owning that rare cat that will do anything to be with you. I love my little puddin'!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Jan 2012, 8:45 pm

I never had a cat because my mom's allergic so I haven't had a lot of experience with cats but I prefer dogs. Dogs are a lot more predictable, consistent, loyal, protective of their owners, & tend to be more lost without their owners; they're kind of like me when I'm in a relationship

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 1:21 pm

I voted "dogs", but I like both dogs and cats.

I have never have had a cat because my mom hates cats
and my sister is allergic to cats.

Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 1:23 pm

I'd like a dog, but I don't have the time to train one or give it the love it needs, plus I sleep all day and the non-stop barkage would keep me awake.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 1:39 pm

As an aspie, I don't like the fact that a cat has teeth and nails and I also don't like the fact that a dog barks (makes me jump) and has sharp teeth too. These are the reasons why I'm not owning one, I think they're dangerous, call me a wimp or whatever. They're also like kids, unpredictable and movey, I don't like that either. What concerns their looks I'm addicted to them tho.

NeverEnder
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jan 2012, 1:42 pm

sockless74 wrote:
From the topics I have read it seems like a lot of us are cat people. I am a cat person too. This make sense since cats are usally quiet and calm animals. So which do you prefer?

Me, too! :!:

I love cats. They are quiet and sleek, sexy and move like ninjas.

What's not to love! I adore them. :)

And I'll be your ghost.

NeverEnder
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jan 2012, 1:44 pm

AnnettaMarie wrote:
meow conversations
:D YES :!:

And I'll be your ghost.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2012, 5:14 am

extended exposure to animal dander makes me ill. aside from that concern, cats seem to like me a lot better than dogs do. cats are always sidling up to me and purring when i show them the least bit of warm fuzzies, whereas dogs are always showing me they are the alpha and are always aggressively hostile [nipping and barking obnoxiously] towards me. cats seem to like me around them, just as i am. i seem to be the only one that can make them flop onto the ground when i scratch their jowls and and around their mouth/ears/forehead just so, with a progressive rapid scrolling motion of my fingers.