Stim Objects, relaxxing items, things you love(need)

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Do you carry things all the time and are not able to choose from all your love objects?
yes 74%  74%  [ 14 ]
no 26%  26%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 19

Manhattanhero
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Jan 2012, 9:39 am

Hello dear fellas,

I feel the need to always carry things with me. Like for instance a brass bottleneck from my guitar:
or like a pocketknife. I'm not violent but I just like the feel. or sometimes even lucky coins.
I'm not really superstitious but I do believe in good luck, dreamcatchers and horseshoe's.
but to to get back to the subject.
I started carrying things when I was so young I couldn't remember.
I don't show my things to others I just keep em in my pocket and sometimes feel them.

It's so frustrating. I sometimes stand in my room looking at my things to find out what to carry now. I sometimes stay like this very long! Or so it feels.
It's not like I choose one object and stick with it. No not me. Me I have to change often or when I see something else I have to have it!
I get easily inspired or what's the word influenced easily by like what I see in movies.
for instance In the film Inception. Those guys carried cool things I I just could sleep for a week thinking what my cool thing could be. (cool as pretty and special to me)
And I could sleep but it's just a figure of speech.

I hope some of you know what I'm talking about.

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 11:32 am

I've always have several rubber bands & a piece of string. Like the bands better, since NT people will also do it! 8) The string, just old habit. LOL

Matthew

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 11:34 am

The poll question is confusing.

I voted yes but I should have said "no", I am a very fidgity person but I often don't think about it when I'm just walking around normally. my Ipod is enough stimulation.

PurpleOctober
Raven
Raven

12 Jan 2012, 11:40 am

I guess my major stim object is my iPhone, which I use mostly for the iPod capability...I try to avoid using it to call people, though I do text on it.
As for relaxing object, the big squashy purple comforter on my bed, my huge overstuffed toy monster.

AQ Score: 42

Aspie Quiz: 178/200

Aharon
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 1:02 pm

I have silly putty at work and use it all the time there, I tell people it helps reduce repetitive stress injuries and they go oh ok. My recent aquisition is a spiky ball from petco. I like to roll it between my palms and massage my scalp with it. Sometimes I scrap it over my face and arms. I wish I could find a spiky ball about the size of a golf ball; something more pocket sized. Mine is a bit bigger then a tennis ball, a bit too large to be effectivlely portable.

We are not so different from potted plants in that, if given everything we need to be properly nourished, the outcome can be incredibly contrary to when we are not. A flower won't grow in flour, and neither can we.

Arak-Nafein
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jan 2012, 2:39 pm

Here are my "toys" that I carry every day. They are good stims, AND they are useful.

Leatherman Wave Multitool. Lots & lots of tools built in.
Backup flashlight, 230ish Lumens max. Multi brightness & various strobe & beacons.
Slim & Light (Yet durable) knife. Kershaw Barrage
"Penlight" flashlight. 180 Lumens max. Multi brightness levels & various strobe & beacon modes.

http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr31 ... 142252.jpg
http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr31 ... 142135.jpg
http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr31 ... 142033.jpg
http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr31 ... 142014.jpg

You never really realize how useful flashlights are until you start carrying one every day. Most of the time, I wont even look for a lightswitch because I've got my trusty Penlight on me (And a backup should it run out of batteries, or die) They are very bright & they can flash, so they make great stims too.

The knife is probably one of mankind's greatest inventions....so I carry 2 of them as well....should one break.

I almost forgot to mention my Android phone, I also carry it so I can access the web anywhere. Complete with an extended battery so I can go days without a recharge.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 2:49 pm

I have a little coil ball that I like to carry around in a coat pocket.

Manhattanhero
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Jan 2012, 5:08 pm

Wow you all seem to know your way arround the objects!

I'd love to hear more of everybody

CocoNuts
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jan 2012, 5:21 pm

I have a lot of stuff I carry around all the time. In my coat's pockets I have:
Right pocket
- phone
- 1 rusty danish crown
- pocket knife
- virtually eternal flashlight
- pen
- usb
- lab dropper
- gloves
Left pocket
- ipod
- bus card + bus plan
- plastic butterfly
- random beads
- hat
- rubber ball

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2012, 5:04 am

whenever i am outside i must have with me my keys to get back inside, as well as a pair of good sunglasses, and gloves for sub-50 degree weather.

Penandinkmarie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Jan 2012, 8:16 am

Ok so most of my OCD tendencies/stims are done with my hands, i.e.: picking at my nails, and my scalp (eww I know!!), BUT the one "tool" I just realized I always liked was my cuticle cutter.....im weird i know.....

Manhattanhero
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Jan 2012, 12:49 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I have a little coil ball that I like to carry around in a coat pocket.

What is that a ''coil ball''?

Manhattanhero
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Jan 2012, 12:51 pm

Can you guys answer a little more on topic?
Don't get me wrong. You are on topic, just not as much as I hoped

glasstoria
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jan 2012, 2:55 pm

Things that I love to carry around:

koosh balls, i have a keychain mini koosh ball
tiny stuffed animals, miniature stuffed animals, soft fabric or gloves or scarves
hello kitty items
beaded bracelets that I make that I like to look at and play with
my spinner ring
worry stone, smooth rocks
a tiny sand filled satin fabric bug toy used to be my favorite for a long time
in high school i wore overalls a lot so I could keep toys in the front chest pocket
i found this great little pink plastic "pore exfoliator" that is 5$ at sephora (make up store) that has a texture I adore so much I bought a few of them incase anything happens to the first one
a very smooth one inch tall pink quartz heart my aunt gave me

that is all I can think of at the moment.
hope that helps

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2012, 2:56 pm

I kind of can count my comb, too, I guess. I do comb my hair excessively at home if I get stressed at work, or over a home issue ( I take care of my mom, who is ailing & elderly).
So that would be three, but its the tactile sensation from my hands that is most sought after..

Matthew

Kelspook
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Jan 2012, 6:11 am

The main thing I always feel I need to have with me is my yoyo. It gives my hands something to do, I love watching it spin and perfecting tricks is fun. I also can't be without my smartphone- I'd feel like my arm had fallen off! This is an improvement though, as it used to be my laptop and a phone is waaaay easier to cart around!

I used to carry more random things, but I've managed to pare it down to just the yoyo. It easily fits in my uniform pocket, and if things are quiet I can happily go into the station office or training room and keep myself amused without bothering anyone.