Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

jpr11011
Raven
Raven

12 Jan 2012, 5:29 pm

I love this forum so much! :D It is a great place where I don't have to worry about having to pretend to be NT all day and can feel free :)

However, I'm not aspie, or autistic. I have a hypoxic brain injury, that while it left my intelligence unscathed, did injure the parts of the right hemisphere that govern social skills, fine motor skills ( I was originally left-handed, but now both hands are as weak as a right-hander's left), abstract concepts, etc. I get obsessive. I have bad social skills. I stem (all the time, I'm flicking a paper as a write this). It's just that I'm not aspie- and I wonder if I am encroaching here. I feel like I'm just damaged goods, and the rest of you here are un-damaged, and an intelligent, awesome group. I feel like an interloper.

:arrow: Be honest- am I an interloper? Do I belong here?

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 5:44 pm

NO!

Kidding. You probably belong here more than anywhere else. And it's not like there's an Aspie-only policy around here.

jpr11011
Raven
Raven

12 Jan 2012, 5:48 pm

I'd been having a "down day" if you know what I mean.

PurpleOctober
Raven
Raven

12 Jan 2012, 7:09 pm

I wonder if I belong here, also, sometimes, because I'm not professionally diagnosed. But I feel so welcomed in this community and so accepted and like I belong here. So, I'm going on my feeling and saying that I do. :) And if you feel comfortable and accepted here, then I bet you do too.

AQ Score: 42

Aspie Quiz: 178/200

Onyxaxe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jan 2012, 7:23 pm

PurpleOctober wrote:
I wonder if I belong here, also, sometimes, because I'm not professionally diagnosed. But I feel so welcomed in this community and so accepted and like I belong here. So, I'm going on my feeling and saying that I do. :) And if you feel comfortable and accepted here, then I bet you do too.

Ditto. Plus your avatar is awesome! Of course you belong here XD.

jpr11011
Raven
Raven

12 Jan 2012, 7:55 pm

Thank you all so much!! :) It really means a lot, you have no idea :)

Sibyl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 10:07 pm

You both belong here, jpr11011 and PurpleOctober!

If it walks like an Aspie and quacks like an Aspie, it might as well be one. And the place is supposed to be neurodiverse anyway.

jpr11011
Raven
Raven

12 Jan 2012, 10:16 pm

Sibyl wrote:
You both belong here, jpr11011 and PurpleOctober!

If it walks like an Aspie and quacks like an Aspie, it might as well be one. And the place is supposed to be neurodiverse anyway.

Thanks :) Yeah, it's great to have a refuge where one does not have to act as if NT.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 10:20 pm

Be careful not to place too much self worth or excessive approbation.... on the whim of online others, especially people like us with ailments that cause us distress!

We are not bully free, and at WP's core, resemble NT cultural heir-aches in similar ways

Collusion and exclusion, verbal battles, fall outs amongst members, et al are significantly greater on WP than my previous NT forums, I'd imagine.....

I guess the US/UK school yard may have come to town.

he he my new word today I just now perceived.... heir aches

Last edited by Surfman on 12 Jan 2012, 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PurpleOctober
Raven
Raven

12 Jan 2012, 10:31 pm

Surfman wrote:
Be careful not to place too much self worth or excessive approbation.... on the whim of online others, especially people like us with ailments that cause us distress!

We are not bully free, and at WP's core, resemble NT cultural heir-aches in similar ways

Collusion and exclusion, verbal battles, fall outs amongst members, et al are significantly greater on WP than my previous NT forums, I'd imagine.....

I guess the US/UK school yard may have come to town.

he he my new word today I just now perceived.... heir aches

"heir aches"...do you mean hierarchies?

AQ Score: 42

Aspie Quiz: 178/200

DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2012, 3:07 am

As long as I've been a WP member, the only people who don't belong here are those who have been banned by moderators. There are members here who are off the spectrum, as well as members who are on it, all in good standing. As long as you feel comfortable and welcome here, and follow the forum rules, then there is absolutely no reason why you wouldn't belong.