Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

thedaywalker
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2012, 12:23 pm

isn't it just the combination of dropping accid having aspergers living in this world and having a bad outsight on the future that gets you realy depresed it did for me for a while atleast but i have outlook for a future and i have only mild aspergers and i have faked feeling normal for a while which has now goten me in a place of feeling relatively normal again but i could imagine had i had less options at the time i would be in a similair that hole you are in. the trick is to reverse thought patern don't doubt as much calm you mind, it worked for me.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2012, 12:38 pm

thedaywalker wrote:
isn't it just the combination of dropping accid having aspergers living in this world and having a bad outsight on the future that gets you realy depresed it did for me for a while atleast but i have outlook for a future and i have only mild aspergers and i have faked feeling normal for a while which has now goten me in a place of feeling relatively normal again but i could imagine had i had less options at the time i would be in a similair that hole you are in. the trick is to reverse thought patern don't doubt as much calm you mind, it worked for me.

Well I was screwed up long before I ever tripped on acid, if anything I feel the occasional psychedelic experiance is helpful for me...I did get carried away with psychedelic mushrooms well and basically whatever else I could get my hands on for a while though when I was 20 but yeah I learned from that. But I think its safe to say part of the reason I did all that was due to the problems I already had.

thedaywalker
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2012, 12:46 pm

okay at the end of my last trip the terifying realities of the world around me where somehow shown to me and that kinda screwed me up for a while not to bad though... let's just hope for better times for now then.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2012, 1:14 pm

thedaywalker wrote:
okay at the end of my last trip the terifying realities of the world around me where somehow shown to me and that kinda screwed me up for a while not to bad though... let's just hope for better times for now then.

That is what happened to me after a bad mushroom trip, I can't say I did not learn some useful things from it though....also though I wonder if the street lights and such at night will ever be the same and am doubting it.

backagain
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jan 2012, 4:38 pm

Maybe all the problems are from the illegal drugs you seem to talk about a lot. I find it hard to have sympathy for someone who posts about purposely screwing up their brain, seemingly all the time, long term, then wonder what is wrong with them. Especially since there are people who have the problems through no fault of their own.

Georgia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Jan 2012, 5:37 pm

Quote:
Maybe all the problems are from the illegal drugs you seem to talk about a lot. I find it hard to have sympathy for someone who posts about purposely screwing up their brain, seemingly all the time, long term, then wonder what is wrong with them. Especially since there are people who have the problems through no fault of their own.

And exactly what purpose does this statement serve?
Everyone's free to ignore whatever they want on the forums.

Circle989898
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 7:18 pm

I think this is true for me too but then again I think I have a prodrome of some sort.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2012, 1:21 am

backagain wrote:

Well that's a nice theory except most of the psychological problems I have developed before I ever really used any drugs...and I would explain how that even contributed and why I feel continued use of cannabis is a good idea but I really doubt you want to hear it. So I will simply disagree that all my problems were caused by drugs because that's a ridiculous notion.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2012, 1:28 am

Maybe some people here are confused, this is not about in recent years may or may not have contributed to what, more about if brain damage would explain why I functioned differently then normal pretty much since birth...rather than AS or if both are possible.

thedaywalker
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2012, 3:30 am

jup and drugs don't screw up your brain they just show you how screwed up everyone elses is.

Sextaesada
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2012, 5:07 am

Mercury poisoning is really similar to autism, there is a disorder that happens in women I can't put my finger on the name but I doubt your that bad, love.

I have wondered the same about myself, ever since tripping I still hallucinate sometimes I'll see shapes coming off lights and my vision and hearing will blur together...its kinda scary.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2012, 11:47 am

Sextaesada wrote:
Mercury poisoning is really similar to autism, there is a disorder that happens in women I can't put my finger on the name but I doubt your that bad, love.

I have wondered the same about myself, ever since tripping I still hallucinate sometimes I'll see shapes coming off lights and my vision and hearing will blur together...its kinda scary.

At night lights still look 'trippy' as in they have more colors in them and otherwise look different then they did before not quite as in intense as if I where tripping though...and sometimes I get minor visual distortions like walls/sidewalk whatever seeming to slightly move and things like that. This was after I tripped multiple times, it does not really bother me that much.

But yeah I doubt mercury poisoning is anything I suffered, I'm just thinking lack of oxygen at birth is likely to cause some brain damage but I was not entirely sure.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2012, 12:23 pm

Georgia wrote:
Quote:

And exactly what purpose does this statement serve?
Everyone's free to ignore whatever they want on the forums.

The part that bothers me is somehow this person has read enough of my posts to know I about my drug use....yet they missed everything about all the problems I had before I even knew what the hell drugs were. But lets just throw that all out because its possible drugs I've done might have negative effects so now that makes anything that went on in my life my fault I guess.

lol some people.

vickypollard
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Jan 2012, 2:31 pm

A few months ago my mother confessed she'd smoked a significant amount of cigarettes while pregnant with me and I've been wondering ever since if that could have caused brain damage.

Tadzio
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 4:32 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well this is another theory I am considering besides that I have AS......I did have a lack of oxegen at birth for long enough to do some damage so maybe that accounts for some of the problems i have. But I am not sure how the two compare, is it possible to confuse AS from simple damage to the brain?

Hi Sweatleaf,

I considered that LQTS might have caused my original brain damage with resultant epilepsy & Asperger's, but all three may be related to a sclerosis (Tuberous Sclerosis Complex (TSC) has the most signs for me). AS is diagnosed though "a priori" methods and it is a "construct" used in the DSM, while brain damage is more "a posteri" and is often a direct physical observation that is classified by physical symptoms/signs protocol (the confusions between the two "distinct" mental & non-mental schemes is tremendous).

Brain damage associated with "cyanosis" (from slight to "blue baby" levels) from many different causes can have a wide range of results (a seizure or a seizure disorder after severe cyanosis event is moderately frequent), and mild to severe autism is noted in the literature if books-dot-google (and/or ncbi) is available:
http://www.google.com/search?q=cyanotic ... =bks&tbo=1

For example of mention of such as "unlikely" for isolated autism (more frequent with epilepsy & autism):
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=c ... %22+autism

More technical journal articles are at:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/?term=autism+cyanotic

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/?term=a ... 0sclerosis

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/?term=autism+cyanosis

Visual distortions are frequent with painless migraines and/or occipital epilepsy:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/?term=a ... l+epilepsy

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/?term=a ... l+migraine

"A putative relationship between autism and migraine is further suggested by similarities in clinical histories and laboratory evidence. Some commonalities include the presence of neuroinflammation, sensory overstimulation (e.g., flickering of fluorescent lights), “food allergies”, benefits from similar diets, and the role of nitric oxide."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez

TSC and autism have a very frequent coincidence.

"Kindling" phenomena are being recognized with autism spectrum disorders also.

Tadzio

emtyeye
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2012, 9:27 pm

Here is a link to a very interesting article I came across on this very subject:
http://www.autismsupportnetwork.com/new ... -aspergers

I also recently found out that long term sexual abuse in childhood (something I experienced) causes brain damage. In particular it makes the amygdala (emotion center) bigger, reduces the size of the hypocampus (memory formation) and shrinks the corpus collusum which means the brain hemisphears have a hard time integrating information. All of this seems to overlap with AS symptoms.